Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Spitfire31 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:26 pm If you pardon me saying so, you don't seem to be very much at home in Mac OS or in Logic. I'd suggest you look for some Youtube basics course to get a bit familiar with the environment. ;-)

You don't put an AU (.component) file in your Applications folder. You put it in the Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components folder.

Then, when you initiate an instrument track, you'll find it in the instrument drop-down: AU Instruments/TheWaveWarden/Odin2/Stereo. :party:
Thanks, oh wise one. I only learn on a need-to-know basis, and I'm used to plug-ins that install themselves. I found the folder, put the component in, opened up Logic Pro, went to the plug-in manager, and encountered a complaint that the component could not be verified as free of malware.
I think I've had enough. I'm out. Good luck to all!

I bet you are on Catalina. As the dev is just compiling it for au, don't hold your breath it will ever be notarized for Catalina. In most cases not worth for a freeware. Its complicated and requires a fee. This will also be a problem for the vst versions on Catalina... Apple is not aware of the fact that absolute security is killing its platform (and that there ain't no such thing as absolute security...). I'll stay happy on Mojave for the coming years...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:44 am I bet you are on Catalina. As the dev is just compiling it for au, don't hold your breath it will ever be notarized for Catalina. In most cases not worth for a freeware. Its complicated and requires a fee. This will also be a problem for the vst versions on Catalina... Apple is not aware of the fact that absolute security is killing its platform (and that there ain't no such thing as absolute security...). I'll stay happy on Mojave for the coming years...
Just to check: Is this a warning like "This could be malware, but you're free to use it anyway?" or is the user prohibited from using it at all?

Yup. Works fine in Logic for me.

It's an amazing machine. I love the amount of choice there is with regards waveforms. I don't know where to start with creating patches - there is just too much to chose from, but at the same time it is simple and intuitive.

Took me some time, been strangely busy
Not working in my version of Reaper 5, which I said b4.
😔
:nutter: if you can read this, your screen is big

Joi Polloi wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:56 pm Not working in my version of Reaper 5, which I said b4.
😔
Sorry to hear you're having troubles! Plese head to www.thewavewarden.com and file a superdetailed bug-report, so we can get you up and running ASAP :wink:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:52 pm
Joi Polloi wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:56 pm Not working in my version of Reaper 5, which I said b4.
😔
Sorry to hear you're having troubles! Plese head to www.thewavewarden.com and file a superdetailed bug-report, so we can get you up and running ASAP :wink:
Ok, done, although it won’t be very helpful, VST3 just doesn’t scan on Reaper 5.1.

Same with me for Reaper 5.7. Doesn't see it.

empphryio wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:23 pm Same with me for Reaper 5.7. Doesn't see it.
What OS? Please also consider filing a bug-report with as much detail as possible - it's hard for me to keep track otherwise
Joi Polloi wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:43 pm Ok, done, although it won’t be very helpful, VST3 just doesn’t scan on Reaper 5.1.
To both of you: are you sure you

- Installed the latest VC++ redistributable?
- Have a CPU capable of executing AVX instructions? Feel free to send me your CPU model - I'll check for you.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:30 pm
empphryio wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:23 pm Same with me for Reaper 5.7. Doesn't see it.
What OS? Please also consider filing a bug-report with as much detail as possible - it's hard for me to keep track otherwise
Joi Polloi wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:43 pm Ok, done, although it won’t be very helpful, VST3 just doesn’t scan on Reaper 5.1.

- Have a CPU capable of executing AVX instructions? Feel free to send me your CPU model - I'll check for you.

Also @Joi Polloi: You kinda make it sound like Reaper 5.1 doesn't scan any VST3, not just Odin 2?

Yes and AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor 3.40 GHz.
FWIW I have more than 100 plugins including many VST3 and tons installed in the last few weeks without ever having any issues installing/using any of them.
And filled out bug report.

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 pm

Also @Joi Polloi: You kinda make it sound like Reaper 5.1 doesn't scan any VST3, not just Odin 2?
No, I have VST3 working on my computer
empphryio wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:16 am [quote=TheWaveWarden post_id=7726682 time=<a href="tel:1586907002">1586907002</a> user_id=461789]

- Installed the latest [url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... oads</span>]VC++ redistributable[/url]?

Yes and AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor 3.40 GHz.
FWIW I have more than 100 plugins including many VST3 and tons installed in the last few weeks without ever having any issues installing/using any of them.
And filled out bug report.
[/quote]

Older computer, all updated.
Bug report filed, limited info as not showing.

This is a good synth. A couple of quick suggestions:

Ctrl-click to reset values is a little bit non-standard. How about using either double-click, right-click, or alt-click?

Perhaps putting the master volume knob somewhere at the top of the interface, or making it a little more prominent?

onerob wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:19 pm Ctrl-click to reset values is a little bit non-standard. How about using either double-click, right-click, or alt-click?
It's pretty standard, if you're used to Reason - I'm catering to my own habits here :D

onerob wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:19 pm Perhaps putting the master volume knob somewhere at the top of the interface, or making it a little more prominent?
Yeah that one went in the "misc" section... However I wouldn't know where to put it without rethinking parts of the GUI. Suggestions welcome

Return to “Instruments”