FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

thnx funky... i was not thinking :dog: was more worried about getting this to work :hyper: i will blur out the serials :tu:

BTW i am downloading the content download via LM and it is 37.9 Gb... so my bad on the size lol reckon i am getting too damn old and have too much going on :( sry so we will see if THAT helps... i am SO close to getting things working and in order :( cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

---
Last edited by Orphy on Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uhm... Drew (Amberience) does reply quite regularly here, so "why does nobody reply" is certainly untrue. Also, the update does fix issues for many. And they do release updates in short succession. I can understand your frustration - and indeed, I had issues myself - but claiming that they are doing nothing is nonsense.

Well, I have emailed the company numerous times, even using an address I found in this forum and have also tried to use their site help. It doesn’t work though. I have not had a single reply.
So, from my perspective, I’ve seen nothing. It is most frustrating.
I hate to complain. There are bigger issues in the world. I don’t mean to sound like a jerk but I’m hitting my head on the wall with this.
I do, however, appreciate you taking the time to let me know that there is someone is replying here. Its just a pity it got to the point of me complaining on a forum.

Try to contact Drew (-> Amberience, active in this very thread). He is basically the rights owner of BFD these days. Also, there is a forum @ https://forum.bfddrums.com that you might try - it's their official channel. However, BFD is a very small team, so they don't have hundreds of people taking care of customer complaints. When Amberience is aware of an issue, he tries to help. Good luck, and again, sympathies for your frustration. :hug:

Thank you. I appreciate it.
🙏🏻

Orphy wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 am Thank you. I appreciate it.
🙏🏻
PM me and we'll get you sorted.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

tq wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:35 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:21 pm I don't know by what mechanism it was achieved, but here everything in my 'FXpansion' directory was copied over to 'BFD Drums*' at the same level, under 'Documents' (*which it created upon installation) and everything in the factory directory was to its replacement as well. It's not merely possible in principle, it specifically happened.

So the only things I had to do myself was delete the old. This might be because I had only the one user directory under which all libraries reside, of course there should be only one under Application Support.
Yes, it does some of that already, but I think it basically moves stuff from the standard FXPansion folder to the new BFDDrums folder. But for some reason I had issues with some legacy content not being scanned and showing up, then. I could make it show up by manually adding paths and re-scanning multiple times, but this is not really bullet proof as of yet. Also, the BFD2 content still remains BFD2 content, no? I wish there was one consolidated format in the future. But I am sure Drew has that on the to-do list somewhere. :-)

By the way, did anybody replace legacy content with a new download, and did this show up as BFD3 then? (i.e. did it "upgrade" the content?)
I suppose I was comparatively lucky. I have content I would have to characterize as legacy (DLX, Percussion, Decatoms, Orchestral, Jazz 'n Funk, Evil Joe. very little of it if any is since BFD3 era tho) and after the update I did El Dorado, which I haven't had installed in a long time, it was not a problem. I haven't replaced anything, since the initial update I acquired Crush as the reward and El Dorado. Nothing prior to BFD3 can be installed here, so that obviates eg., "BFD 2 content" as that content is part of the installation, no workaround. So I installed London Sessions seems like last year, after I learned of it and PM'd Drew here to obtain that license.

okay i have most of my software working. sadly i had to reinstall ALL expansion packages from the LM. it simply would not work with the core library from the past... at least with the mish mash i had lol (started with BFD Eco, upgraded to BFD2 and then upgraded to BFD3)

after installing all my (BFD) packages it seems the 'Taiko Perc' refuses to show (although authorized in LM and activated in BFD3) in presets, kits and drums libraries drop down box in BFD3. the funny part is that the "Grooves" for Taiko IS listed and is working fine (also authorized and activated) any suggestions? or maybe Drew can have that package looked at... seems to me it should work as all the others but doesn't.

on a sadder note... my 3rd party expansions from Drum-Drops and Sonic Reality refuse to work. although the LM states there is an update for them it has no download available. i really don't expect inMusic to support them being 3rd party but they ARE listed in my account and even though i reinstalled fresh and BFD3 has them activated in the scan... they do not show or are not available in the software so i expect i have just lost them in this transition. after checking with Drum-Drops site apparently they no longer offer a BFD version but i did have the old installers, which i used, and those are the ones that activate but refuse to work in the program.

i reckon i should be happy i now have the core kits and presets and about 90% of my purchased expansions working but i would love to have my Taiko kits and presets which DOES belong to BFD to be working... and... i am going to miss my Slingerlands from Drum-Drops so if there is any way of remedying that it would be much appreciated. thanks

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

i vaguely remember once in the past Fxpansion support wanted me to run the standalone as admin and redo the location scan completely to get a kit to show and work properly. sorry but i can't for the life of me remember which kit i was having problems with. do you think that would help again... or maybe it wouldn't matter with the new revamped installers?

p.s. but on a bright note lol... everything i have now is consolidated in a centralized location :ud:

If I cared about having all the factory kits showing I'd worry, and be annoyed with myself, but these were not in the FXpansion factory directories to begin with. no recollection how or why. I have the Evil Joe kits showing, Orchestral, Swan Percussion, and BFD3 factory, that's it. In Presets there are BFD3.4 ones, no such thing in Kits and a couple other presets which don't have kits to match, 'Mono Dirt Funk', 'Trashcan March' & 'Blues Flam' which I'd guess are from Crush or El Dorado.
I started from scratch last July with a new computer, not an inherited anything, and the 3.4 installation is identical to the 3.3, save for the folders named BFD Drums vs FXpansion (and these new presets). So an imperfect installation apparently, but I put the things I use together from whatever extant thing I had the last time with replacements as 'needed' or from scratch rather than grab a kit from the browser so it isn't a worry. The kits or presets that are there do load with no issue as far as I've seen anyway.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadDogE134 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:03 pm on a sadder note... my 3rd party expansions from Drum-Drops and Sonic Reality refuse to work.
MadDog, where do you have the expansion content installed? License Manager picked up the existing installations for these. Make sure the License Manager is selecting the path with the content. If it is...then are you sure the BFD3/Kit presets didn't get lost but the kit pieces are still there?

What seems to have happened is that some BFD content over the years has ended up in different locations. So like my Andy Johns pack put the .bfdkit presets in the main content folder, so those got picked up on rescan. But other libraries put them elsewhere and I've long lost that (no biggie, I tend to build from a clean slate anyway).

If you still have the old fxpansion content folder with presets, you should be able to manually migrate them from the new BFD3 by following the menu options.

sadly i tossed it (the old preset folder) thinking at least the installers would put new presets in place. kinda jammed up on space right now and don't want to have to buy another HD lol but i have checked pretty much the lot... drums that is and i don't see any of the kit pieces i recall but to be honest i can't rem most of what are in the kits. i DO know i can't find a single Taiko drum even under the 'perc' tab. maybe i can go back to drum drops and list pieces then check. not real big on presets per se but i DO like loading whole kits then swap out pieces if needed. i also create kits from scratch now and again.

bottom line... i hate losing them but if i have i have. the 3rd party stuff that is... actually got the hayman and the slingerlands free i am pretty sure. when they first started up (drum drops) they would give away so many kits upon their release of new product. like the first ten get them free of charge.

as for the sonic reality bozzio kit i looked and they are in .wav files so i could theoretically still use them elsewhere like ableton or fruity loops.

the only one i am sweating is my Taiko drums... i REALLY like them for a lot of things :( but thanks funk :) cheers

okay... found the Taiko drums. found the three voices under hi hats and all the rest of the drums as far as i can tell are ALL under snares lol. although the package is titled as percussion... not a single kit piece is listed under the percussion tab so i suppose i can just build kits and save them unless i can find someone that has working Taiko kits and presets from the past they don't mind giving me a copy of although these are not showing in anywhere in the library tab. but then again maybe the guys will look into it and fix the installer and how the pieces are assigned. after all the Taiko is BFD expansion but it is what it is ... at least i can eventually get them to work with no help i suppose :( lol cheers

"if it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all"

p.s. i will have to look further and see if the slingerlands may be mislabeled too since all the Taikos are being seen as snares lol seems there really IS no rest for the wicked lol :dog:

finally found the taiko presets (and some others) @ C:\Program Files (x86)\BFD Drums\BFD2\System\Presets lol... so even after removing everything and reinstalling via the LM downloads i STILL have a mess with everything all over the place. apparently they used the old installers and changed to "BFD Drums" folder as opposed to "Fxpansion" so everything is being tossed around just like Rail and the lot did in the past. i'd suggest inMusic rework all the installers if they can. from the BFD Drums forum, here and other places... quite a few are having troubles pretty much the same as i am.

i appreciate the fact that inMusic has a small crew working on this and i also appreciate their efforts but it does not cancel out the fact this is a mess to say the least. hopefully in the future they have the source files and will completely make new installers for all expansions so possible future customers can avoid the headaches.

Return to “Instruments”