Geist 2 price....

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
yellowmix
KVRAF
1665 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Geist 2 is fantastic, write whole songs in it. If you have XO point it at the Geist Content folder, it'll pick up 650mb of samples (and more if you have extenders). If you have lots of drum samples, build a kit in XO, then drag and drop it onto the Geist 2 pads. Geist 2 can also sequence XO via MIDI if you need more patterns. They work well together in many ways.

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
9201 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:51 am

If you just need the AI drum type detection then get Atlas.
XO is a silly solution to offer just for this feature due to its expense.

Edit
Actually atlas is expensive too, I thought it was $49 but that's the usual sale price.
I know there's another tool, forget the name.

Or try the free ADSR Sample Manager
Amazon: why not use an alternative

gondii
KVRist
112 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 am

I tried ADSR Sample Manager for a while, it just isn't really comparable to XO even on the most fundamental level. I have never used Atlas, but I have been using XO for some time now. And while Geist2 is probably going to make a number of its features redundant now, I am still happy that I have XO even just as an "over the top sample organizer".

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
7455 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am

I bought a Geist 2 upgrade from Audio Deluxe last night and have gotten absolutely nowhere in trying to get it registered on the Fxpansion site. Anyone manage to get an upgrade serial number registered? I just contacted Roli support but curious if this is a more universal problem, or maybe account related. Tried different browsers and devices.

EDIT:
Got the auto-reply email from support saying to expect a response before August 17th. Oh...no sweat. Sure. Just wait 3 weeks while we sort out your activation issue that's completely preventing you from using the product. :lol:

I hope they can do better than that!
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:58 am

^
This was the one I was trying to remember. About the same price as XO lite so might be better to get XO or XO lite after all.

So ignore my previous ramblings :p

https://www.sononym.net

kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2489 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:31 pm

XO has a weakness.

You can't reconfigure the midi input channels. They're fixed.

So if you want to feed in a midi drum part you have to edit the midi first to suit.

And vice versa if you want midi out.

The reason for wanting to do this is when you want midi variations from a solid basic beat

eg, extra fills or a modded kit for the chorus etc

I wrote to XO about it but their reply wasn't helpful.

You have to do it their way or not at all.

XO has some very good points though.

It's a lot easier than Geist, which requires a lot of thought & patience as it's sooo capable but very fiddly

- a hallmark of FXpansion plugs imo

XO let's you get good kits & sequences together quickly, and experiment with them on the fly which is really cool.
Member 12, Studio One 5, Avenger + 15 xps, Dune 3, XLN Audio XO, Microtonic, Pigments, Arturia 6 (barely used), Soundshaper 2, Izotope all, Valhalla, Spire, Sasquatch Kick 2, Mongoose, Panagement, Punchy Worm (turned to the right)

VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:37 pm

kevvvvv wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:31 pm
XO has a weakness.

You can't reconfigure the midi input channels. They're fixed.

So if you want to feed in a midi drum part you have to edit the midi first to suit.

And vice versa if you want midi out.
Im going to be cynical and say this is a premeditated descision for an upgrade.

Edited due to autocorrect :roll:

kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2489 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm

XLN gave no sign such an upgrade was in their plans. So maybe. Have to wait and see. Live in hope :pray:
Member 12, Studio One 5, Avenger + 15 xps, Dune 3, XLN Audio XO, Microtonic, Pigments, Arturia 6 (barely used), Soundshaper 2, Izotope all, Valhalla, Spire, Sasquatch Kick 2, Mongoose, Panagement, Punchy Worm (turned to the right)

Dasheesh
KVRAF
3776 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:37 pm

the fx stuff goes on sale from time to time. you just have to keep watch. most all software companies will have a sale in the summer, and in the winter. fx tends to break up their sales into groups. one sale might be updates from version 1 to 2 for instance, another could be just the add ons or something.

Return to “Instruments”