The Most Overrated and Underrated VST/AU (Effects And Instruments)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cyrb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:15 am . This is what Jackson Pollock and Steve Reich ultimately decided on in their own time, and it paid off and they essentially avoiding having to study perspective, proportion, harmony, and rhythm.
is that so?

cyrb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:15 am This is what Jackson Pollock and Steve Reich ultimately decided on in their own time, and it paid off and they essentially avoiding having to study perspective, proportion, harmony, and rhythm.
indeed, a very strange statement, very strange. makes me wonder why, you make this statement.

can lead to interesting insights.

n9n wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:58 pm

The REV-6 reaktor ensemble (came with v3, hard to find) on the "Far Away" Setting is a truly gorgeous algorithmic reverb. Just amazing results with this that I was never able to recreatae on it's successors.
It's the predessor and almost identical to spacemaster 1-2 , made by martijn zwarjes
Rev-6 just has a hp-lp filter instead of complete eq section in spacemaster .
Spacemaster 2 does everything in core , including the diffuser delay's
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:34 pm

The REV-6 reaktor ensemble (came with v3, hard to find) on the "Far Away" Setting is a truly gorgeous algorithmic reverb. Just amazing results with this that I was never able to recreatae on it's successors.
It's the predessor and almost identical to spacemaster 1-2 , made by martijn zwarjes
I respectfully disagree with you. Spacemaster 1 and 2 have a different model in the Late component. There are more allpass filters, more routes. It is a higher density model and it cannot recreate the specific quality of the Far Away patch in the original. I wrote back and forth with Martin at the time. Spacemaster is a "better" reverb but for long tail algo patches it is in my mind qualitatively less pleasing. Your mileage will surely vary, but I've used this patch on hundreds of recordings and could never get Spacemaster to fit in the mix as I wanted it to. I also tend to put it on a send and switch Reaktor into 22khz for the patch, too. I know, doesn't sound great, but I really think that it is.

Is it Christmas already?

-bah humbug!

humbug to kids making BOC-like songs

cyrb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:15 am Hate the critic all you like, but bad music exists, formulaic music exists, amateur music exists. It's not just taste, there are rules and standards to follow. You'll never compose a convincing symphony if all you do is record a vinyl on the line-in and pitch it down, and call it finished in 5 minutes:
Ok so which music in your opinion is good and shows skill and stuff

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:45 pm
cyrb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:15 am Hate the critic all you like, but bad music exists, formulaic music exists, amateur music exists. It's not just taste, there are rules and standards to follow. You'll never compose a convincing symphony if all you do is record a vinyl on the line-in and pitch it down, and call it finished in 5 minutes:
Ok so which music in your opinion is good and shows skill and stuff
especially give us the full list of rules and standards to follow, and we can all write a concinving symphony.
(sorry that i quote you, ploki.... it is an extension of your reaction...)

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:26 am
JerGoertz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:53 am
n9n wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:58 pm The REV-6 reaktor ensemble (came with v3, hard to find) on the "Far Away" Setting is a truly gorgeous algorithmic reverb. Just amazing results with this that I was never able to recreatae on it's successors.
This actually does come with the latest version of Reaktor, there's a .zip in the Reaktor Factory Library location with legacy ensembles (AFAIK, I know I found it recently).
Thanks! You just saved my couple of hours hunting that thing down! :hug:

/C
Great, glad this was helpful! :hug:
A well-behaved signature.

WasteLand wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:29 pm especially give us the full list of rules and standards to follow, and we can all write a concinving symphony.
alright, some rules just for you guys:

- follow the money
- use a blind fold and earplugs when producing
- completely avoid any and all forms of music theory
- use midi wizard
- pay people to mix and master your music
- use nothing but premium nexus 3 and omnisphere sound sets, and gratuitous loopmaster packs
- buy youtube/soundcloud views/subs/comments
- delete all comments that aren't echo chamber praise, don't let anyone who doesn't like your song have a voice

you are now mozart and don't let anyone tell you different. :clown:

Ah he's talking about a different world, a world unknown to me.

I thought he was saying that hobbyists shouldn't have enjoyment of making BOC-like songs.

im pretty sure sid n johnny, had no desire to be mozart, what would have been the point in studying classical if you want to play punk?
now obviously, you will claim anyone who listens to punk, has no taste, when what you actually mean is "i myself have very narrow tastes, and therefore little authority to speak on this".

n9n wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:58 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:34 pm

I respectfully disagree with you. Spacemaster 1 and 2 have a different model in the Late component. There are more allpass filters, more routes. It is a higher density model and it cannot recreate the specific quality of the Far Away patch in the original. I wrote back and forth with Martin at the time. Spacemaster is a "better" reverb but for long tail algo patches it is in my mind qualitatively less pleasing. Your mileage will surely vary, but I've used this patch on hundreds of recordings and could never get Spacemaster to fit in the mix as I wanted it to. I also tend to put it on a send and switch Reaktor into 22khz for the patch, too. I know, doesn't sound great, but I really think that it is.
Yes you're right
It seems that Rev 6 didn't use any out of the box diffuser delays , since these were only introduced in reaktor 3.0 , maybe it ws build pre reaktor 3.0 ?
Instead Martin build his own diffuser delay with single delay + primary math
Spacemaster one used build in primary diffuser delays and spacemaster 2 diffuser delayes were build in core
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:09 pm saddens me sometimes we are not allowed to use the word idiot, but they give us :idiot: seems like theyre not sure themselves.
for some comments, its all that seems appropriate.
is vurt hurt?

the blindfold thing was a joke, but now hearing your soundcloud, I wonder if you use a blindfold as part of your creative process.

cyrb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:41 pm is vurt hurt?
nope not at all

also, not sure how a blindfold would hinder audio production?
but the sc is years old, check the test tube if you would like another go, at something more up to date :)

cyrb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:49 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:29 pm especially give us the full list of rules and standards to follow, and we can all write a concinving symphony.
alright, some rules just for you guys:

- follow the money
- use a blind fold and earplugs when producing
- completely avoid any and all forms of music theory
- use midi wizard
- pay people to mix and master your music
- use nothing but premium nexus 3 and omnisphere sound sets, and gratuitous loopmaster packs
- buy youtube/soundcloud views/subs/comments
- delete all comments that aren't echo chamber praise, don't let anyone who doesn't like your song have a voice

you are now mozart and don't let anyone tell you different. :clown:
Cool derailing.
It’s easy to piss on shit but harder to give an answer.
I had music performed by orchestra and your gatekeeping does nothing for the art of music.

Being good at craft will make you a good craftsman not an artist.

Return to “Instruments”