Reason Europa
3%
Msoundfactory.
1%
WaveWardin Odin
1%

Total votes: 880

Alchemy 1

A poll without a fish is a bizarre poll!

my pick: avenger icarus zebra

what a shoal of pollocks

<*)))<

>(((*>

<*)))<

>(((*>
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

My Top 3:
- Synapse Audio DUNE 3
- Tone 2 Icarus
- Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V (missing in the list)

also missing in the list are PPG WaveGenerator and PPG WaveMapper 2.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Where's PPG v3? Still my favorite wavetable synth.
No signature here!

Zebra is my favorite synth for it's modularity, but I still have to give it to Serum. Steve nailed it on so many levels. Phaseplant, Dune and even Surge are very close, though.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

voted for (drum roll) the one i bought

The prospects of Icarus sounded nice, so i briefly conpared the demos of this to Serum.
Pigments was out of question for me, because i'm not a biggest fan of Arturia's copy protection and i've never been a fan of Massive.
Between the two the decision was made purely out of my gut feeling, because i was really toying with both for maybe just 30 minutes or so.
Icarus spoke a little more to me, though maybe my preference for underdogs helped a little too.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I still stick with Serum. Tons of fun with it recently. And, you know, fun is important.

Massive X is a very strong competitor overall, but I would pick it for reasons other than wavetable engine.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I agree, Serum pretty much nailed it in every single way, it's amazing after all these years it's still powerful enough to do most stuff. I just wonder what Serum 2 will bring, till then I'm having so much fun programming in v1. It's my favorite synth right now.

I'm NOT Surprised serum is winning, But Im kinda taken back how few votes Avenger has.
Did the Copy Protection Measures drama push that many people away? I felt like It was much more Popular...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:53 pm I'm NOT Surprised serum is winning, But Im kinda taken back how few votes Avenger has.
Did the Copy Protection Measures drama push that many people away? I felt like It was much more Popular...
The more popular synths seem to be the simpler ones...

Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:53 pm Im kinda taken back how few votes Avenger has.
I look at Avenger as more of a Sample based synthesizer than a Wavetable synth.

Sample based being defined in this case as full size samples rather than a series of short duration waves strung together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavetable_synthesis

Yes Avenger has a Wavetable Generator for the Oscs but I've just never looked at it as a WT synth perhaps because I have Dune 3 and Hive 2 and others for WT duties. Perhaps I'm not alone in thinking that way about Avenger..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pdxindy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:01 am
Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:53 pm I'm NOT Surprised serum is winning, But Im kinda taken back how few votes Avenger has.
The more popular synths seem to be the simpler ones...
Yes and no.
There is a point to that.
People like stuff that keeps them in the zone. Same reason I’ve always believed Live and Bitwig and FL got so many users. They keep you in the zone. They are musically fluid.
With VSTS, relating to this poll specifically.
Serum is the shining example of this. I wouldn’t call it simple given how many different things I can do but it’s UI is so user friendly it’s easy to learn and use. Contrast to something that’s a BEAST but complicated, like falcon.
This is the same Technique pigments took and Hive took Icarus and Rapid took and they all scored high in this poll.
Taking a complex synth into a simplistic easy to grasp and visual interface.

What surprised me tho is that Honstly avenger is pretty much like those synths...honestly in some ways even more user friendly because it’s truly a one page interface...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

The three synths I voted for are synths where I pretty much never use the wavetable functionality or, if I do, it's because I liked someone else's preset enough to keep the WT oscillator when I started tweaking it. I'm surprised I actually own 10 of them, 12 if you count Factory and PPG Wave, because I'd never specifically buy a WT synth.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”