Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Your Favorite Wavetable VSTI/AU

Xfer Serum
97
13%
Auturia Pigments
80
11%
VPS Avenger
23
3%
Parawave Rapid
33
5%
Tone 2 Icarus
42
6%
UVI Falcon.
34
5%
Kilohearts Phase-Plant
30
4%
Sektor
2
0%
Omnisphere.
8
1%
DUNE 3
42
6%
Wave Codex
6
1%
Halion 6
13
2%
NI Massive (The Original)
18
2%
NI Massive X
42
6%
KV331 Synthmaster
24
3%
Sonic Academy ANA 2
11
2%
Waldorf Nave
11
2%
Waldorf Largo
12
2%
Ableton Wavetable.
19
3%
Zebra 2
32
4%
Hive 2
63
9%
Vast Dynamics Vaporizer 2
10
1%
Kontakt6 (Yes this counts Now I guess)
3
0%
Adam Szabo Viper
3
0%
Soundspot Union.
0
No votes
Surge
18
2%
Fathom
12
2%
Reason Europa
19
3%
Msoundfactory.
11
2%
WaveWardin Odin
3
0%
 
Total votes: 721

User avatar
Biome_Digital
KVRian
848 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Sat May 16, 2020 12:31 pm

I love pigments, it's a joy to program. Phase plant has great wavetables and sounds amazing too!

Doggo
KVRer
3 posts since 22 Apr, 2020

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Vast Dynamics Vaporizer 2 all the way.

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
10072 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 1:41 pm

Just wait until Zebra 3 launches. I suspect it will upend everything.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

dune_rave
KVRAF
1668 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pm

many votes to a nonexisting thing:
Auturia Pigments :)

simmo75
KVRAF
2031 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 1:43 pm

NM

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
336 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 pm

You know, for such a young synth, I don't think Massive X is doing all that bad at all

User avatar
Spencer Maddox
KVRian
744 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from a state of anxiety

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 2:53 pm

dune_rave wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 pm
many votes to a nonexisting thing:
Auturia Pigments :)
Wait...It's Arturia?
literally this entire time I've called them Auturia...
Well...S**T.
V Thats one more for the Books V
Spencer Maddox wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:36 am
Gonna be the Unofficial Idiot of KVR if i'm not careful :hihi:
I'm on a ROLL :hihi: :hihi:
80% KVR
20% Making Music

User avatar
Spencer Maddox
KVRian
744 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from a state of anxiety

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Sinisterbr wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 pm
You know, for such a young synth, I don't think Massive X is doing all that bad at all
Massive X sounds so Damn Good it could become the Powerhouse of the Next Few years like its "Father" was back in the late 2000s-Early 2010s.
But Critical Adjustments need to me made imo.
On a sonic level the Coding of the Oscillators and filters and effects is among the best i've ever heard for ANY synth, none the less one thats not supposed to be a VA. I can't say enough good things about that Sound.

Where NI lost people I feel was the workflow.
It was an Unfinished product that was rushed out the door.
Honestly I didin't even give MX the time of day once i saw videos online and realised it wasn't that innovative and overhyped, and It wasn't until I updated my K11 to Komplete12 and opened it for Giggles that i realize it sounds so Freaking good...

Another issue is very High CPU usage but that could be because of said sound Quality.
Diva and Repro don't use low CPU so why should I expect Massive X too...
80% KVR
20% Making Music

User avatar
jamcat
KVRist
216 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 10:07 pm

metaside wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:25 am
jamcat wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 pm
I voted for Pigments because it's the only one I own.
I have no idea how to use it though.

I bought it on a $49 special hoping it had some usable pad presets. :shrug:
Thanks for the explanation. Seriously, I have been wondering where those 60 votes were coming from when there are plugins like Serum, Icarus and Infinite out there.
I assume most people only own one or two of the plugins listed, and that's what they voted for, rather than ones they don't own or use.

Did you do something different?

User avatar
nIGhT-SoN
KVRist
492 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sat May 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Spencer Maddox wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Sinisterbr wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 pm
You know, for such a young synth, I don't think Massive X is doing all that bad at all
Massive X sounds so Damn Good it could become the Powerhouse of the Next Few years like its "Father" was back in the late 2000s-Early 2010s.
But Critical Adjustments need to me made imo.
On a sonic level the Coding of the Oscillators and filters and effects is among the best i've ever heard for ANY synth, none the less one thats not supposed to be a VA. I can't say enough good things about that Sound.

Where NI lost people I feel was the workflow.
It was an Unfinished product that was rushed out the door.
Honestly I didin't even give MX the time of day once i saw videos online and realised it wasn't that innovative and overhyped, and It wasn't until I updated my K11 to Komplete12 and opened it for Giggles that i realize it sounds so Freaking good...

Another issue is very High CPU usage but that could be because of said sound Quality.
Diva and Repro don't use low CPU so why should I expect Massive X too...
I've recently decided to get a wavetable synth and I was between Serum, Avenger and Massive X. Massive X sounds really nice, but their interface doesn't suit me, neither Avenger. Serum feels so easy to makes sounds and visual, you can actually see what you are doing.

Also, the lifetime updates for Serum, that was a no-brainer, especially since Serum 2 is in the works. Another plus for Serum, Rent-to-own which I don't think needs explanation, the protection is not invasive (doesn't need another application to activate), lots of presets, wavetables, noises and tutorials out there to play with.

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
336 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sun May 17, 2020 6:37 am

I still miss Sugarbytes Factory in this pool.

yellowmix
KVRAF
1634 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 am

Serum owners, there is a new beta: https://xferrecords.com/forums/serum/se ... re-release

You can modulate individual LFO points, and more!

KBSoundSmith
KVRian
837 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sun May 17, 2020 8:22 am

yellowmix wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 am
Serum owners, there is a new beta: https://xferrecords.com/forums/serum/se ... re-release

You can modulate individual LFO points, and more!
Interesting update. I'll wait until it's a full release, but the LFO point modulation sounds cool.

As for the thread poll, I voted for Serum and Hive. They play together nicely, great duo, complement each other's strengths/weaknesses very well. Zebra obviously does wavetables, but I find that usually isn't the reason I load an instance of it, so I only voted Serum and Hive.

User avatar
nIGhT-SoN
KVRist
492 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sun May 17, 2020 9:00 am

yellowmix wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 am
Serum owners, there is a new beta: https://xferrecords.com/forums/serum/se ... re-release

You can modulate individual LFO points, and more!
I've seen on their discord channel, some people made some pretty awesome stuff with the new feature. I'll also wait for the final release, can't wait! :hyper:

User avatar
Spencer Maddox
KVRian
744 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from a state of anxiety

Re: Wavetable Synth Poll 2020

Post Sun May 17, 2020 9:11 am

Sinisterbr wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:37 am
I still miss Sugarbytes Factory in this pool.
If I could re-do this Poll I would replace Soundspot Union and Sektor with Factory and PPG,
When Asked on the ones I missed include those names have came up the most.
I really wish you could change the results for Options with No Votes without clearing up the rest of the Poll :/
80% KVR
20% Making Music

Return to “Instruments”