logic x 10.5 & massive X (etc)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

read that the new logic 10.5 crashes with NI plugins, and... yep. here, with massive X (only NI plug i have). BUT... i can play back songs that USE MX, i just can't open the plugin (LX crashes).

hmm....

Yes here too.

from the NI site:

Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes,
The NI Team

Quite a shame that they don't release pre-release versions to big developers who can test if their software works fine.

Even though I once again wonder how stuff like that can happen. Do they change something so fundamentally about their plugin format interface?

ALL my other 3rd-party plugins (so far) work fine, so just some NI thing... at least they're on it...

Alright. Maybe (once again) has to do with the way they render the GUI.

Relab plug-ins also cause crashes can't load them.

I was going to say i do not care but i love Replika-XT, doh´.

I've never found Logic and MassiveX to be a stable combination, so I'm not surprised by this.

def a GUI thing, since my MX parts play back fine; i just can't open the MX window... crash!

ghobii wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:44 pm I've never found Logic and MassiveX to be a stable combination, so I'm not surprised by this.
i use both all the time; had ONE issue with one instance of MX. otherwise, it's been fine here...

Cinebient wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:43 pm I was going to say i do not care but i love Replika-XT, doh´.
Replika-XT is working fine for me in LPX 10.5 so maybe there's some other factor (I'm on Mohave). So are Raum and the Crush pack - just the Mod pack are causing freezes.

(Massive X is working too for me but I'm on a beta so that may be why)

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Cinebient wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:43 pm I was going to say i do not care but i love Replika-XT, doh´.
Replika-XT is working fine for me in LPX 10.5 so maybe there's some other factor (I'm on Mohave). So are Raum and the Crush pack - just the Mod pack are causing freezes.

(Massive X is working too for me but I'm on a beta so that may be why)
massive X opens for you? i can play what i have there already, but can't open the plugin itself (am also on the betas, but in catalina).....

Yes - so maybe Mohave is a factor then?

I realize this is implicit in what's already been said, but I just wanted to make expressly sure before I upgrade to 10.5: there's no problem with Kontakt? My other NI plugins can wait if need be, but that one is pretty central to my music-making.

Return to “Instruments”