New SocaLabs Open Source Subtractive synth looking for alpha testers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A little more feedback:

Once I've saved a preset, I can't just click on it to call it up with the control screen visible.
With short notes, running my mouse along the Logic Pro keyboard to go up and down the scale, there's clicking between notes.
The limiter corrodes the sound, making it sound distorted.

Brother Greg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm Once I've saved a preset, I can't just click on it to call it up with the control screen visible.
Not sure what you mean here.
Brother Greg wrote: With short notes, running my mouse along the Logic Pro keyboard to go up and down the scale, there's clicking between notes.
Aer you mono or poly? How high is the voice count getting? Maybe longer attack and release on the limiter?

FigBug wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:42 pm
Brother Greg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm Once I've saved a preset, I can't just click on it to call it up with the control screen visible.
Not sure what you mean here.
Brother Greg wrote: With short notes, running my mouse along the Logic Pro keyboard to go up and down the scale, there's clicking between notes.
Aer you mono or poly? How high is the voice count getting? Maybe longer attack and release on the limiter?
Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I save a preset I've created, then click on the folder icon to see the saved preset in the preset folder and click on it, I'm stuck inside the folder. I expected that clicking on the preset would open up the edit section again, with the preset settings, but that doesn't happen. I had to maneuver around this roadblock.

The clicking sounds happen with the limiter on, with an immediate attack used in the envelope, while in poly mode. Not a long release. But I'm just gliding along the keyboard one note at a time, using the virtual keyboard in Logic Pro 10.5. I have 4 oscillators in play.

I hope that's helpful.

Brother Greg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 pm Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I save a preset I've created, then click on the folder icon to see the saved preset in the preset folder and click on it, I'm stuck inside the folder. I expected that clicking on the preset would open up the edit section again, with the preset settings, but that doesn't happen. I had to maneuver around this roadblock.
My thinking was, people would want to use the preset browser to audition presets. So you click the folder to open it, double click presets to load, then when you've found one you like, you click the folder again to hide. UI could be a bit more clear.

FigBug wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:28 pm
Brother Greg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 pm Sorry if I wasn't clear. When I save a preset I've created, then click on the folder icon to see the saved preset in the preset folder and click on it, I'm stuck inside the folder. I expected that clicking on the preset would open up the edit section again, with the preset settings, but that doesn't happen. I had to maneuver around this roadblock.
My thinking was, people would want to use the preset browser to audition presets. So you click the folder to open it, double click presets to load, then when you've found one you like, you click the folder again to hide. UI could be a bit more clear.
OK, I can see how that works. Yeah, I'm afraid that the need to click the folder icon again to escape the preset folder and get back to edit mode wasn't obvious to me.

Return to “Instruments”