Arturia OB-Xa V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OP-Xa V

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 am
AnX wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am your point being?
Obession isn't software either. It's currently vapourware.
i didnt bring it up....

EnGee wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:37 am Well, from hearing/watching the video. I wasn't surprised. Arturia's one has a little bit weak filter/resonance and the patches related to that can show without doubts. I believe everything else is really good. Maybe if Arturia is serious about it, then they could update it with another filter (Like Korg has three filters in one). So, one is the current one, and the other one is the enhanced filter (nearer to the original).

Still, very good job IMO. Fantastic workflow and design and it can produce wonderful sounds. Personally I'm very satisfied even if Arturia doesn't want to update it. Let's see SA if Richard can nail the filter (it means another must buy! :cry: )
Which patches on the Arturia shows its weak filter?
And there is another filter. Actually, more than one.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:52 am
Yeah the Multimode filter sounds really good to me.
Shame that wasn't placed on the main panel as opposed to an effect because it can be overlooked for a while.

Kian Russell wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:00 am
TheMaestro wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:52 am
Yeah the Multimode filter sounds really good to me.
Shame that wasn't placed on the main panel as opposed to an effect because it can be overlooked for a while.
Yeah. But it’s the standard Arturia layout. Their own ‘hidden’ FX panels, which is a great addition to their synths.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am
Yeah. But it’s the standard Arturia layout. Their own ‘hidden’ FX panels which is a great addition to the synths.
True and I suppose they wanted to encourage the sound designers to remain as close to the original as possible.
If they placed the multimode filter on the front perhaps the designers would have strayed too much?
The multimode really opens it up though.

V0RT3X wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:15 am
Hmm so the plugin sounds super close to the actual synth.

I wonder how the person did that though? Did they make the patch on the real synth first and then copy it on the plugin or the other way around?
Guy has the OB-Xa for a long time.. It seems that he matched the patches from hardware to software.

waltercruz wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:39 am

I wonder how the person did that though? Did they make the patch on the real synth first and then copy it on the plugin or the other way around?
Guy has the OB-Xa for a long time.. It seems that he matched the patches from hardware to software.
Speaking of patches, I hadn't gone through all the patches in OB-Xa V until this morning. Then I ran into one I was trying to create for myself for the Tom Sawyer sound:
AB-8 Rush Rezz

Examigan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:11 pm
Speaking of patches, I hadn't gone through all the patches in OB-Xa V until this morning. Then I ran into one I was trying to create for myself for the Tom Sawyer sound:
AB-8 Rush Rezz
I discovered it earlier, browsing through the presets. Good, but not THAT good (Like the Don't Jump preset). As we are currently obsessed with Oberheim sound, I did a recreation of Tom Sawyer patch in Repro-5, and posted it on the Repro-5: free patches thread

I see only pictures of an OB-Xa in the video, not the actual hardware synth. He could be using a toaster for all that we know.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

This ($49) price is brought to you as you are owning V Collection 7
Purchasing an OB-Xa V will guarantee you a better deal on upgrading your V Collection to the next version. Don’t wait until the next V Collection version to start using OB-Xa V!
While it is pure marketing, for some reasons I feel like believing them. Saying this because, normally, you can upgrade to V Collection for $99 during promotions. I wonder that this time the value during promotion might be higher than $99 for those who don't own OB-Xa V and better/lower than $99 for those who own it.

starflakeprj wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:32 pm

I see only pictures of an OB-Xa in the video, not the actual hardware synth. He could be using a toaster for all that we know.
I've been watching the guy for a while, he indeed has one among his many synths. If you're not that familiar with the sound just look through his vids if you doubt it.
-JH

Did anyone notice this new preset browser design by Arturia?

Looks like they have not rolled it out yet, but I saw it on this page: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... ils#modern

https://medias.arturia.net/images/produ ... rowser.png

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm Did anyone notice this new preset browser design by Arturia?

Looks like they have not rolled it out yet, but saw I saw on this page: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... ils#modern

https://medias.arturia.net/images/produ ... rowser.png
Reminds me of the new Korg plugin preset browsers, lots of big fonts. As I get older and my eyesight less 20/20 I appreciate that more.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”