Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

MASSIVE X is hands down the best VSTI i have heard and own sonically.i don't really think anything is in its league in terms of sounding like a proper hardware VA or Wavetable synth.i really do hope it gets wavetable import but i just don't see it happening.

I forgot whether or not you could route the noise osc anywhere in the modular routing(going to have a play)
I

TIMT wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:14 amI forgot whether or not you could route the noise osc anywhere in the modular routing(going to have a play)
Sure you could use it for FMing the wavetable oscillators or even filter, or put it in the feedback loop...

While i definitely wouldn't mind NI addting WT import to MX I wonder how many of the most active complainers would actually use it. I guess 9 of 10 would try it once or twice only to see that the results don't sound drastically better or different than using the factory wavetables :) It seems the reasoning in most cases is nothing more than "if synth X has it synth Y must have it too.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

frackermak wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:09 pm Now downloading...

Blurb:

Just a quick note about the MASSIVE X 1.3 update, which is out now.
Firstly, crashing issues related to the new LOGIC PRO X 10.5 update are now fixed, so you’ll be good to go again.
As far as the fun stuff is concerned, you’re in for a real treat:
The new update includes 20 new presets, and 50 new noise tables (25 loops, and 25 one-shots). You can also import your own samples into the noise module – time to put your field recording collection to good use!
We’ve also added parameter readouts and, as usual, have swatted a few bugs.
Import own wavetables?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

The browser is poor.
An equal gripe from my perspective is the slowness of initially loading the patches. As a preset user, I like to scroll through auditioning different patches until I find something I like. Compared to Massive, Serum, Hive and Dune etc. It's too slow.

I really love the sound of Massive X.
Features on nearly all my songs since it came along. :tu:

I'm hoping the next update will address the browser and third party preset support, this should really have been higher up on the agenda tbh.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 am
zvenx wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:53 pm Decent update, but I was hoping for the shaky GUI fix for Intel-based PCs.
Do you mind describing that or send me to a link with this?

I assume you mean GUI with on board graphics with Intel not a computer with Intel processors and external video card?
thanks
rsp
Yes, right. I am using Intel Core i7-7700 CPU with on-board Intel HD 630 Graphics. No (external) video card.

Just load the plugin in Komplete Kontrol or DAW and the problem is instantly visible. The GUI goes bizzare at times, like some visual effects happening. It also happens when you use the preset browser. Recently (since 1.2 update), the problem seems to have become even more dramatic. It's a weird and annoying issue and makes you lose interest when using this otherwise awesome-sounding synth.

I will try to do a video capture if possible once I am on my studio PC.

Thanks.
Appreciated.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Have they fixed the controls on touch screens yet?

deleted.
Last edited by fisherKing on Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What I noticed is that the controls are much more responsive with a mouse with a higher refresh rate (there are gaming mice with a refresh rate of 1000 Hz). Might be the issue, if you have problems with lack of response.

Won't help with touchscreens, of course...

The new 'Funk One' preset is fat AF! :D Seriously, MX is MASSIVE. It may lack in features but sonically it's a monster synth in plugin world.
I would like to see some skilled Funk Bass/Key player jamming with this preset.

I like the user noise sample import functionality a lot. It sounds great going through the comb filter, as well as using it as an FM source for the oscillators or the filter. It's also really interesting in combination with the insert effects -- using just one noise voice and one insert effect such as anima or the PM oscillator gives really interesting timbres. The fact that you can modulate the start position of your sample is cool too. Lots of great sound design possibilities here.

Great update, but really wish we could import our own wavetables. It's 2020. It's the number one reason I tend not to open my copy of MX. What's the hold up? I get the history of Massive, but landscape has changed on wavetable synthesis, customization is everything - especially with a synth that clearly wants to define itself as an sound design tool first.

functionform wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm Great update, but really wish we could import our own wavetables. It's 2020. It's the number one reason I tend not to open my copy of MX. What's the hold up? I get the history of Massive, but landscape has changed on wavetable synthesis, customization is everything - especially with a synth that clearly wants to define itself as an sound design tool first.
What wavetables do you have that make that difference?
:help:

functionform wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm I get the history of Massive, but landscape has changed on wavetable synthesis, customization is everything
Speak for yourself...

As others, I wonder how many people there really are who import or create wavetables on their own.

Return to “Instruments”