Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

From Massive to crap mpe on uhe synths...well done!

Anyone see the NI YouTube ad with someone using a Leap Motion to do expressive playing with Massive X? Anyone know who that is that is playing or have more info? I can’t get the ad to play again.... it was a gorgeous sound.

Noumena wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:17 pm Anyone see the NI YouTube ad with someone using a Leap Motion to do expressive playing with Massive X? Anyone know who that is that is playing or have more info? I can’t get the ad to play again.... it was a gorgeous sound.
Would love to know how. I have a leap motion and was waiting and hoping for it to be supported once again.

HcDoom wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:32 pm From Massive to crap mpe on uhe synths...well done!
referring to me?

Noumena wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:35 pm http://uwyn.com/geco/
Thanks!

Thought I'd share a little trick with you (which the most probably already know anyway...). If you want some a bit more snappy sounds, and some better attack transients, do the following: Set the shape of the attack stage of the amp envelope to -100% (basically turning it into a convex exponential/whatever shape), and the shape of the attack stage of the envelope modulating the filter cutoff to +100% (turning the attack shape into a concave logarithmic shape). Instant bang, snap and click in the sound. :)

Here's the same sound, first with the default attack shape settings, then with the modifications I mentioned:

https://soundcloud.com/chk-sound/massivex-bassline-dry

https://soundcloud.com/chk-sound/massive-x-bassline-wet

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:20 pmInstant bang, snap and click in the sound. :)
Do you really like this clicky VCA click sound? :ud:

It always drives me mad, when a synth with freerunning OSCs sound like this.... :)

It can definitely be useful in some cases. :)

Yeah, The thing is, if the synths allows it (attack stage slope, or envelope delay or speed), you can also tweak it so that it doesn't click (just add some attack on the amp envelope. Many soft synths by default have an init sound, which already comes with a bit of amp envelope attack added, for that very reason, I assume). If the synth doesn't allow it, though, there's no way to get the click/snap, if you want it.

So, best to have both really. Especially as most analog synths also have that clicky attack, if I'm not mistaken (heard it in many sound examples). Actually, I rather wonder if it's not there than if it's there.

I wonder if the new Pigments 3 update (free to existing users) will give NI a 'push' to update Massive X? They seem to have added some Massive X features to Pigments...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:16 pm I wonder if the new Pigments 3 update (free to existing users) will give NI a 'push' to update Massive X? They seem to have added some Massive X features to Pigments...
You mean the not-yet-announced-officially Pigments 3... :)

rezoneight wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:43 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:16 pm I wonder if the new Pigments 3 update (free to existing users) will give NI a 'push' to update Massive X? They seem to have added some Massive X features to Pigments...
You mean the not-yet-announced-officially Pigments 3... :)
It was briefly :wink:

New in Pigments 3 (free to existing users)

Harmonic engine – detailed additive synthesis with up to 512 partials, dual formant filters that can be morphed from A to B, odd and even harmonic customisation, and various colourful ways to modulate partials.

3rd Utility engine – add an extra oscillator layer and up to 2 noise sample layers to Pigments’ dual-engine sound for extra depth and sonic colour.

64 new wavetables, bringing the total to 164

Ramp waveform, for Virtual Analog engine.

Jup-8 V4 Low-pass filter – the revered filter from our meticulous emulation of a polysynth icon.

Enhanced filter routing – route either filter to either FX bus for detailed sound.

Pitch Delay – a clean, modern algorithm for creating exciting pitch-shifting ambience.

Multi-Band Compressor – a much-requested tool for creating a tight mix-ready sound without ever leaving Pigments.

BL-20 Flanger – a faithful reimagining of an elusive analog studio effect.

Chorus JUN-6 – one-touch analog sparkle and stereo fatness, taken from our faithful Juno-6 emulation.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If they consider it competition, maybe... :hihi:

I really consider it a different product though. Otherwise, you could also argue that Dune or Hive would give Massive X development a push.

Anyway, I really think that that AVX thing, Apple M1 and VST3 are the big hold ups (as has been communicated as well). And Corona, of course.

Yeh, I don't think NI are holding MX back for any other reason than too many things to do (across a really wide range of products) and too few people to do them! I am also looking forward to my new amps and fx in GR6 ;-)

Return to “Instruments”