Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Anyway, it seems I'm not alone! Something weird is happening! Some few could install it though!
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 473/page-5

Could do the update on iMac macOS Mojave. Could not install on MBP M1 (the before mentioned error).

Vortifex wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:00 pm I guess there's still going to be a while before the thing is properly fixed.
Maybe in 1.3.3.2. We're so close :D

What seems to work for the latest update (worked on a Mac Mini M1) is this: update to latest Big Sur 11.5.2, then download MX demo from NI and install that. Then in NI Access click "Update all". Of course, then you can immediately cancle all the products, you don't want updated. But this way, the update for MX 1.3.3 worked. I'm running it now.

This worked for me on M1.
Download and install the current 1.3.2 demo.
Update to 1.3.3 via NA. Use Update all button.

Edit: Sorry. Already posted before by Jules :D

Single instance on Mac mini M1 16 gig , 20-35% cpu in Ableton Live on most factory patches. 15-20% idle.

Thank you jules99 and FotoxBr :) It is working now both the vsti3 and the au versions :tu:

chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:46 am https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-2121919

Should be installable now...
Yes. Developments go fast. Installing now on MBP M1.
What happened to that download size, 1.8 gig ? That is massive :hihi:

A bit over 800 MB here.

Do the Win people need this update?

I remember one of the updates broke the preset recall, as I'm using MX a lot of my projects I'm somewhat afraid of updating unless strictly necessary.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Only if you plan to use the VST3, I guess. At least that's the only Windows specific change I see in the update.

Here is the list of new features and fixes: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... -3.359895/
1.3.3 - 2021-08-30
  • ADDED Apple Silicon Rosetta 2 compatibility
  • ADDED VST3 plug-in target
  • ADDED Plugin target type is displayed in the About screen
  • FIXED Key-commands (e.g. space) not forwarded to host on using drop down list
  • FIXED Performer : Remove Octave ON/OFF is triggered with space key in Live
  • FIXED No sounds using QWERTY keyboard input after changing a preset or noise table
  • FIXED Massive X crashes Logic Pro when playing a note
  • FIXED Demo expired popup disappears after reopening UI
  • FIXED Demo crashes if Native Access is not installed
  • FIXED Latency reporting is incorrect at 44.1KHz
  • FIXED Preset name and author name truncated in save dialog
  • FIXED Audio Unit target crashes when closing the editor in Ableton Live on Big Sur
  • KNOWN ISSUE Automation is not possible in Logic Pro on Apple Silicon computers
  • KNOWN ISSUE Host automation parameter names are fixed to "Macro" in Logic and GarageBand on Apple Silicon computers

Thanks, I'll give it a pass then
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:06 am A bit over 800 MB here.
Does it say that in NA ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah. Maybe there's a difference between the Windows and Mac OS versions in size (maybe Massive X on Mac OS carries 1 gig of compatibility framework stuff for Rosetta? :lol:).
NA_Massive_X.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”