Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:15 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 pm
I'm exaggerating a bit now, to illustrate the point, but, with all that you said, why do you even feel a need to buy soft synths? Why don't you just download Synth1, and be done with it, forever?
Yes...

You are exaggerating and distorting the words I wrote, but I have got used to you criticising most of my posts now,so I am not surprised by your latest efforts :wink:
I seriously didn't notice that. Trust me when I say that I don't have it in for you. I just think that your post contradicts itself a little, and that I don't believe in the "there's an alternative for everything, and it's all about the user". I have a few soft synths which I wouldn't want to exchange for something else, if I don't have to.

Again, I'm exaggerating a bit. I know that you didn't say exactly that, but, the basic statement goes into that direction, that's why I always use Synth1 as an example for a plugin which could be used, if you think you can easily exchange every soft synth, so there's no need to pay any money. For me, choosing an instrument is pretty vital. That's why I can only shake my head about the gazillionth newly registered user who asks what's the best plugin to spend his 200 € on. Well.. the best plugin you can buy for your money is the one that you like the best. Nothing more, nothing less.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:29 pm Well.. the best plugin you can buy for your money is the one that you like the best. Nothing more, nothing less.
Absolutely!
… and hive

:)

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:31 pm
recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:42 pm Ithe bland, lifeless, and limited sound of Spire.
Do have hearing check, mate.
:tu: :D

He's just doing that to tease me anyway. Because I dared to insult his favorite plugin, by saying something eeevil about it (by saying that I dislike the sound.. yeah, tough times when people still have an opinion. Need more meainstream, and less thinking.). ;)
It's not the fact that you have an negative opinion it's your pathological need to repeat that opinion over and over and over even in threads that aren't even about said plugin.

But you can see the reaction when I dared to insult a plugin by saying I dislike the sound.
recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 pmDo have hearing check, mate.

:wink:

Do you get it ? No I don't suppose you do....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:53 pm It's not the fact that you have an negative opinion it's your pathological need to repeat that opinion over and over and over even in threads that aren't even about said plugin.
That's the essence of a comparison, basically. :shrug: If a synth reminds me of another synths, I think I'm allowed to name said synth.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:55 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:53 pm It's not the fact that you have an negative opinion it's your pathological need to repeat that opinion over and over and over even in threads that aren't even about said plugin.
That's the essence of a comparison, basically. :shrug: If a synth reminds me of another synths, I think I'm allowed to name said synth.
I simply don't know why you have this pathological hatred for DUNE. I get it you don't like it but you don't have to degenerate it at every opportunity to the point of it appearing like a crusade against the plugin. It's gone on for years. Just in the last few pages of this thread:
chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:48 am I demo'd ANA 2 a while ago, and, it didn't sound very characterful to me. It also has that kind of "soft" and clean vibe that a lot of soft synths have these days (most prominently Dune).
chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:14 am The envelopes had a sort of Dune-ish vibe for me (think thin, like carton).
-----------
For example I could easily respond to this:
chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:48 am I like synths which ooze with character.
With...if you like synths that ooze character why do you like Spire? It has a total lack of character to me which is why I have never purchased it despite trying the demo a half dozen times.

But what does that accomplish? Simply winding up the Spire fans in a thread that's about a totally different synth which is exactly what you do when you insult other plugins.

It's annoying. You may not see that but it is. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lol its his achilles heel - like PA is mine

I'm not hating Dune, why would I? I'm not hating Synapse Audio either, why would I?

Nothing more to say about this really. Teksonik simply can't live with opinions, that's all.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:29 pm The best plugin you can buy for your money is the one that you like the best. Nothing more, nothing less.
:tu: :hug:

And the best plugin is....... :lol:
No auto tune...

recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:02 amJust checked, it's 140 pounds on the SA site. I bought it for 45 pounds or so few months ago, I think it probably will go back to that price at some point.
I think it was £69 last week when I checked. I bought it when it was £49 and I remember people saying several times that it was still cheap and looked like it was never going back to full price. This is the first time I've ever seen it at full price (not that I'm in the habit of checking regularly or anything).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:14 amOk. Probably didn't demo it long enough to be able to judge anyway. :) The envelopes had a sort of Dune-ish vibe for me (think thin, like carton), but, could be wrong.
How the f**k is an envelope "thin"? It's a modulator, it sits outside the signal path. It can be fast, it can be slow, but I don't see how it can be thin.
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:34 amWhat tools we use are not as relevant as what notes we use,so maybe we should all focus on the music a little more and just use the different tools as a means to an end ,rather than being the end in itself ?
Are you new? What you have typed here is blasphemy around here.
chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:30 pmI'm exaggerating a bit now, to illustrate the point, but, with all that you said, why do you even feel a need to buy soft synths? Why don't you just download Synth1, and be done with it, forever?
Because it's art, not administration.
And then somehow resorted to making a completely different point, by arguing that we can replace everything. I really disagree about that. If you think you can replace everything, then you're always content with 2nd place. Ok, some people are. Guess that's the difference between aspiration, and the lack of it.
No, that's deciding what's important and what isn't. You think that a certain favourite song is good because of the instruments used in it but all my favourite songs are good because they are good songs and they will always be good songs, regardless of what instruments are used. e.g. You don't need a MiniMoog to do a good cover of Gary Numan's Are 'Friends' Electric? because it's a really good song. Even if you were to play it on a cheap Casiotone keyboard it would still be a good song. OTOH, I find that Cars is a song that relies heavily on getting the right sounds for each part, which I suppose is why I don't think Cars is in the same league as 'Friends', despite its popularity.

Buskers don't make money by painstakingly recreating every tone and nuance of the original, they do it by invoking the spirit of the original, the thing that first got an audience excited about it. It's the notes, the riffs, the tempo, the rhythms and flow (arrangement) that matter, the sounds are just embellishment, decoration. Like wallpaper - wallpaper can lift a drab, boring room but if you have a beautiful, interesting architectural space, you don't have to worry about that shit.

Our music definitely relies on the sounds we use and the production we apply to it but that's not how any of it lives or dies. Ultimately, it's what we do with those sounds that makes it a good or a bad song and we can change the instruments and the sounds without killing the spirit of the song. That's because there isn't just one right sound to invoke that spirit, there is a range of timbres that will all do the job equally well.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

After a year using Ana 2 I can say that there is no synth I have or have tried that is as joyful to use. Legend may sound a bit better. Bazille may be more versatile in some ways. Synth master may have more features but I am always excited when I open up Ana 2.... inspiration just flows. I can generate a complex sound with all macros and MW that is usable and inspiring in minutes. Rinse and repeat. It would be the one left standing if I had to choose one.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:39 am Our music definitely relies on the sounds we use and the production we apply to it but that's not how any of it lives or dies. Ultimately, it's what we do with those sounds that makes it a good or a bad song and we can change the instruments and the sounds without killing the spirit of the song. That's because there isn't just one right sound to invoke that spirit, there is a range of timbres that will all do the job equally well.
BONES...that's your sensitive side shining through :hug: :clap: :tu:
No auto tune...

There are reasons why Serum and Spire are more popular than Ana. There are also reasons why they have a larger market for preset packs.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

:hyper: :hyper: This is why you should own them all. :hyper: :hyper:
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”