Arturia Spark 2 Demo

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
consordini
KVRist
128 posts since 6 May, 2020

Post Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am

Recently we took a look at the Spark 2 from Arturia.

I was wondering what you think about it? Not just the video, the Spark 2 itself.
We personally think it's a great piece of software, especially for classic drum kits and its sequencer, but what do you think? Are you as enthused as we were, or is there a competitor that beats Spark 2 by a landslide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aoARCM ... e=youtu.be
Take care :wink:

Ingonator
KVRAF
12210 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Re: Arturia Spark 2 Demo

Post Thu May 21, 2020 10:48 am

I still got a V-Collection 4 license also after having upgraded to VC 5 and later VC 6.
With that license i can still use Spark 2 (including updates when they got available) and really like it. Has tons of features and sound wise it i very good.
This and Xils Lab StiX are my favorite drum synths at the moment.

Really sad that this is no longer included in the latest versions of V-Collection but it still seems to be available as a single plugin purchase for 149 €.

Have not really used the modular part to create my own drum sounds but i might give that a try in the future.
Beta tester & sound designer
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

SLiC
KVRAF
5024 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu May 21, 2020 10:57 am

I had this when it first came out with the big cream hardware controller, it was actually a pretty good controller, I would probably have kept it if it was black :wink:

Hopefully we will see a Spark 3 someday, it could use a Pigments style GUI makeover, it is a great and often overlooked drum machine!
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

consordini
KVRist

Post Thu May 21, 2020 11:39 am

Ingonator wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:48 am
I still got a V-Collection 4 license also after having upgraded to VC 5 and later VC 6.
With that license i can still use Spark 2 (including updates when they got available) and really like it. Has tons of features and sound wise it i very good.
This and Xils Lab StiX are my favorite drum synths at the moment.

Really sad that this is no longer included in the latest versions of V-Collection but it still seems to be available as a single plugin purchase for 149 €.

Have not really used the modular part to create my own drum sounds but i might give that a try in the future.
It's a great deal if you get the SparkLE drum machine as you get Spark 2 with it, basically making the drum machine free. (or the software, based on how you want to look at it)

consordini
KVRist

Post Thu May 21, 2020 11:40 am

SLiC wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:57 am
I had this when it first came out with the big cream hardware controller, it was actually a pretty good controller, I would probably have kept it if it was black :wink:

Hopefully we will see a Spark 3 someday, it could use a Pigments style GUI makeover, it is a great and often overlooked drum machine!
Would definitely be nice to see Spark 3, especially if they release an updated drum machine alongside it.

rezoneight
KVRist
247 posts since 18 Feb, 2004

Post Thu May 21, 2020 11:46 am

I bought a SparkLE off of reverb.com pretty recently for less than the cost of the software itself. Works great.

consordini
KVRist

Post Fri May 22, 2020 10:02 am

rezoneight wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:46 am
I bought a SparkLE off of reverb.com pretty recently for less than the cost of the software itself. Works great.
How has your experience been so far using it?

rezoneight
KVRist
247 posts since 18 Feb, 2004

Post Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am

consordini wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:02 am
rezoneight wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:46 am
How has your experience been so far using it?
Limited but good. It's very nice having the separate hardware thats totally keyed in to the software and it is pretty small so doesn't take up a lot of desk space. I had looked at just buying Spark 2 then found out that it was free with the hardware.

Return to “Instruments”