Massive X GUI problem - specific case (please help)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am facing a weird problem with Massive X GUI where I am getting some random glitches, 3D kinda effects and disappearing of Massive X text and logo when I hover over the GUI with my mouse or use preset browser or when instantiating Massive X (as a VST in DAW or Komplete Kontrol VST/standalone). This problem does not happen with any other VST.

I am using the latest version of Massive X (1.3) and this problem has been there since Massive 1.0. Also, the graphics drivers installed are latest from Intel.

It seems that the problem is specific to my system, which is as follows.
Windows 10 Pro. Intel Core i7-7700 CPU with integrated Intel HD630 graphics.

Does anyone here have the same or similar CPU and graphics as above?

If so, are you observing the same issue? Please share your experience in that case.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon May 25, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seems rather peculiar. Could it be the integrated graphics underperforming? I know it might sound weird, but having even cheap dedicated graphics usually sort out any graphical issues.
Take care :wink:

Just making sure, are you on Windows 10? There are beta drivers that might be worth trying:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... aphics-630

consordini wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:57 pm Seems rather peculiar. Could it be the integrated graphics underperforming? I know it might sound weird, but having even cheap dedicated graphics usually sort out any graphical issues.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it indeed is. I tried everything I could from settings and BIOS point of view, but nothing is helping. I don't want to spend on dedicated graphics card just yet, since it is not that big a problem and that too with just one plugin.
dannyhawaii wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:37 pm Just making sure, are you on Windows 10? There are beta drivers that might be worth trying:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... aphics-630
Yes, I am on Windows 10. Edited the original post now. Thanks for the suggestion. Normally I would not download a beta, but here I am going to. The reason is I uninstalled/deleted all the graphics drivers until the point display drivers were shown as "Microsoft Basic Diplay Driver". With this driver, I opened Massive X to check the issue and guess what, the issue does not happen. This leads me to think that there is some issue with Intel driver that affects the way Massive X GUI behaves.

I will update once I test the beta graphics drivers.

Unfortunately, the beta drivers didn't help.

But certainly there is a relation between Intel Graphics Drivers and Massive X, as the problem does not happen with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers. Can't use that driver due to ugly Massive X graphics rendering and bad visual experience in general.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Wed May 27, 2020 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah, the Intel drivers would give you antialiasing and acceleration. Damn, hopefully they can fix it. I know Intel drivers in the past haven’t been fully implemented.

Yeah. I will keep updating to the latest drivers and try to get NI support in parallel.

Please let me know if anyone has a suggestion I can try. I did everything from using flat skins to reinstalling Massive X a few times to doing tweaks w.r.t graphics settings. Nothing helped.

The issue lies between a specific version of Qt framework that NI is using and those Intel iGPU drivers. NI is aware of the issue.

I have an i7-6700K with the same HD630 and get very rare occasional glitches when the preset browser is opened or mouse is hovered over the top bar. Annoying indeed, but I am not gonna put a discrete GPU in my machine when the iGPU is working just fine everywhere else.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:50 pm Annoying indeed, but I am not gonna put a discrete GPU in my machine when the iGPU is working just fine everywhere else.
Exactly.

Thanks for mentioning (again) that NI is aware of the issue. I am always hopeful when I see a new update... but then nothing changes. Let's hope for 1.4 now.

Return to “Instruments”