Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:24 pm The free version is nice already, but pitch bend does not seem to work. The pitch wheel is moving, but no bend...
You have to grab the little pitch bend Symbol/window and drag it to the Little + symbol next to the Tune Knob of each oscillator. The + symbol then should change into p- symbol. And then you have to click and drag on that symbol to dial in the amount of pitch bend.
It’s quite fiddle, yes :) and I haven’t got a very smooth pitch end yet, it doesn’t react very smooth at my pitch wheel
Last edited by ThePresent on Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:54 am https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-poly/

Vids at the bottom.. I think we have a winner.
100%. I love that arp, the final video sealed the deal for me. But then again, I use many of his other plugins. Not sure if it's because of the cognitive ergonomics (interface-user interaction), but I always get usable sounds very quickly when using them. They are simple to use, but they are not simple plugins (tm).

ThePresent wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:33 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:24 pm The free version is nice already, but pitch bend does not seem to work. The pitch wheel is moving, but no bend...
You have to grab the little pitch bend Symbol/window and drag it to the Little + symbol next to the Tune Knob of each oscillator. The + symbol then should change into p- symbol. And then you have to click and drag on that symbol to dial in the amount of pitch bend.
It’s quite fiddle, yes :) and I haven’t got a very smooth pitch end yet, it doesn’t react very smooth at my pitch wheel
O ha, thanks for the tip... It works somehow...(very different setting compared to other synths in Bitwig necessary to make it work...) But its smooth with my LinnStrument...

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

btw,
fyi the dev is anouncing/discussing in "the other" thread aka in "effects"

viewtopic.php?p=7799563#p7799563

in case you find bugs...

no noise osc here, true?
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

YoddYarmonics wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:27 am no noise osc here, true?
It's in the mixer section

A quick test of the new HY-POLY synth:

https://youtu.be/2tDSceJGn_4
Last edited by tony10000 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is a short tune that I did using 4 instances of the new HY-POLY synth plugin and a kick drum in Ableton Live. I used a mastering chain, but the sounds are all stock factory patches.

https://youtu.be/cg3b8idpnB8

I am very impressed by this synth so far. The featureset, interface are very, very good.

Not to mention the sound. It's so crisp, yet rich/lush at the same time. Quality inside and out.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I finally had a dig through the factory presets last night and there are some really good sounds in this thing. It also sounds quite different to most of the other synths I have so I can see it getting quite a bit of use. It's a great synth engine, with very usable FM, and the effects push it right over the top. It reminds me a bit of TRK-01, which is a favourite of mine, only with vastly greater versatility. I am really impressed and I've already used it in something I am working on, which you can hear in this thread.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:20 am I finally had a dig through the factory presets last night and there are some really good sounds in this thing. It also sounds quite different to most of the other synths I have so I can see it getting quite a bit of use. It's a great synth engine, with very usable FM, and the effects push it right over the top. It reminds me a bit of TRK-01, which is a favourite of mine, only with vastly greater versatility. I am really impressed and I've already used it in something I am working on, which you can hear in this thread.
Check out the SVF in the effects section. I bet you'll like that!

Will do, as soon as I get home from work.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:49 pm Quite a nice sounding synth (demo version) with easy modulation. Already have plenty of synths that can get this sound so it's not worth a buy for me.
Well....the midiFX and audioFX unit is quite unique. Many options and very cool implementation.

Return to “Instruments”