Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

I can't believe this was bundled with the other Hy plugin I wanted for a sale on ADSR and I missed it by a day. How often do Hy plugin s go on sale?

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:30 am I can't believe this was bundled with the other Hy plugin I wanted for a sale on ADSR and I missed it by a day. How often do Hy plugin s go on sale?
Not as often as other plugins as far as i can tell, was waiting for HY-Poly for at least 6 months to go on sale

Have to say this synth is a real gem. Easy to get your head around, great sounding & lots of possibilities. Bought from HY a day before the sale on ADSR :dog:
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

C'mon guys, it's not like it's expensive. Just buy it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I own about 50-60 payware synths. I definitely don't need it, but I want it. So I'll wait for a sale.

It's such an underrated synth! Well worth full price. The modulation system is spot on! The GUI is great! The effects section is awesome. There's loads of settings for sound design. This synth is better than loads that are often talked about on KVR.

The currently available oscillators are great. Would love to see Wavetable and Sampler sound sources. That will really make this thing explode!!
Last edited by Biome_Digital on Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ferez21 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:22 am I love HY-POLY's interface, but couldn't understand why the LFO/Steps windows have to be detached style if there is a whole panel at the bottom that can easily accomodate them.
Agree with this. Moved to the bottom would make so much sense. I will see what the dev thinks about that. :tu:

Not so much as a single word on how it sounds. Is that not important to you?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:17 am I own about 50-60 payware synths. I definitely don't need it, but I want it. So I'll wait for a sale.
HY has just started with Plugin boutique - a rare sale currently on, including Poly.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/manufact ... HY-Plugins

No excuses now! :wink:

greenmind72 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:55 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:17 am I own about 50-60 payware synths. I definitely don't need it, but I want it. So I'll wait for a sale.
HY has just started with Plugin boutique - a rare sale currently on, including Poly.

For that price, this is a no-brainer! :o

ferez21 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:22 am I love HY-POLY's interface, but couldn't understand why the LFO/Steps windows have to be detached style if there is a whole panel at the bottom that can easily accomodate them.
I've mentioned this to the dev and hopefully we will get it in the bottom panel! :D

Do macros work in the free version? The tab is there but I linking the macros to parameters doesn't seem to do anything (when I drag this little target icon on a parameter).

greenmind72 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:55 am

Does anyone know if you can adjust the length of tracks in the grid sequencer of RPE2 to create a polyrhythm? Like have track 1-7 go for the normal 16 steps before repeating, and have track 8 go for 15 steps? If so, I'll buy that and HY-Poly immediately.

Note that what i'm describing is completely different than changing the "size" parameter of one of the sections.

edit: there is, using the graph on the top right, but it's pretty cumbersome and requires more thought than I'd like.

I find the Euclidean sequencer view is far easier to use to set up poly rhythms

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:39 pm I find the Euclidean sequencer view is far easier to use to set up poly rhythms
I want complete control. Euclidean you don't have control over where the hits are, hits are just evenly spaced.

Return to “Instruments”