Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
AnX
KVRAF
7684 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 am

zvenx wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:22 am
AnX wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 am
zvenx wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 am

It is a company that also sells Preset Banks.
to users who are well aware of the browser situation in said synths.
I imagine you think the other developers who sell presets, who over time invested in a more comprehensive preset browser probably did not do it because of any informal or formal market research, but probably out of boredom.
rsp

yes, thats exactly what I think :clap:

you prob think the tiny amount of ppl who have requested a different browser prob out weigh the many who have bought both the product and add ons without any problems at all, and that the time required to develop and convert all products to a different browser is miniscule.... and that its def what the dev wants to do....

zvenx
KVRAF
8383 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 am

Time will tell.
Time will tell.
rsp
sound sculptist

rezoneight
KVRist
325 posts since 18 Feb, 2004

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 am

AnX wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:12 am
rezoneight wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:48 am
Since he's expecting us to buy this stuff to give him money to live on always a good idea to listen, especially when you have easy, direct access to the customer.
you buy it as it, not what it might become

don't like the browser? don't buy it
What was the point of bringing this up again 8 days later? As you already noted over a week ago ultimately it's his decision. There is no reason to keep beating this dead horse.

But since you did, speak for yourself. Some of us do buy the product both for what it is right now AND for what it might become. And yes I'm well aware that it could as easy as "dont buy it". But rarely are decisions so simple. The browser in DUNE 3 definitely could use work, that doesn't mean the rest of the instrument isn't worth buying AND requesting that a new browser be thought about.

You might be ecstatic with the browser. Good for you. Not all of us are and are suggesting Synapse think about a facelift. That's about the best we can do.

pierb
KVRist
108 posts since 28 Oct, 2010 from Mexico

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:34 pm

rezoneight wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 am
Some of us do buy the product both for what it is right now AND for what it might become. And yes I'm well aware that it could as easy as "dont buy it". But rarely are decisions so simple. The browser in DUNE 3 definitely could use work, that doesn't mean the rest of the instrument isn't worth buying AND requesting that a new browser be thought about.

You might be ecstatic with the browser. Good for you. Not all of us are and are suggesting Synapse think about a facelift. That's about the best we can do.
Exactly. No product is perfect and constructive feedback is a positive thing.

Personally I bought Dune 3 for the sound, but we all know there a couple of areas of the UI that need some love. I imagine Richard will invest some time into Dune after the success of The Legend and Obsession.

rezoneight
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:27 am

pierb wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:34 pm
rezoneight wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 am
Some of us do buy the product both for what it is right now AND for what it might become. And yes I'm well aware that it could as easy as "dont buy it". But rarely are decisions so simple. The browser in DUNE 3 definitely could use work, that doesn't mean the rest of the instrument isn't worth buying AND requesting that a new browser be thought about.

Exactly. No product is perfect and constructive feedback is a positive thing.

Personally I bought Dune 3 for the sound, but we all know there a couple of areas of the UI that need some love. I imagine Richard will invest some time into Dune after the success of The Legend and Obsession.
Well, they are always providing updates to their instruments, just not the preset browser ;)

Friendly Noise
KVRer
6 posts since 25 May, 2020

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 am

A few examples of using a MPE controller to get sounds beyond the original hardware:

http://youtu.be/HCl6y0_AHZE

Banquet
KVRer
16 posts since 31 Jan, 2015

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:50 pm

I've found myself falling in love with the sounds of the OB6. This video is an example of the sound I love...
I'm considering selling my Peak and Arp Odyssey to fund a purchase of the OB6 but wondered if anyone who uses Obsession thinks it's possible to get this kind of sound from that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNA5PSOlV7U

AnX
KVRAF
7684 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:52 pm

no idea, remove the fx and then ask....

rezoneight
KVRist

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Banquet wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:50 pm
I've found myself falling in love with the sounds of the OB6. This video is an example of the sound I love...
I'm considering selling my Peak and Arp Odyssey to fund a purchase of the OB6 but wondered if anyone who uses Obsession thinks it's possible to get this kind of sound from that?
Dumb question but couldn't you just download the demo and run it thru a Big Sky-like reverb plugin and find out?

Teksonik
KVRAF
13835 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Banquet wrote:
wondered if anyone who uses Obsession thinks it's possible to get this kind of sound from that?
You'd have to try really hard to make OBsession sound that bad and weak.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Seelachsfilet
KVRer
8 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Banquet wrote:

Lol absolutely yes, Obsession can sound like this (and more)

Banquet
KVRer

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 pm

Seelachsfilet wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 pm
Lol absolutely yes, Obsession can sound like this (and more)

Banquet
KVRer

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:16 pm

rezoneight wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:14 pm
Dumb question but couldn't you just download the demo and run it thru a Big Sky-like reverb plugin and find out?
It's a good question. I'm not so concerned about the Big Sky, it's the tone of the synth I'm interested in and having never used a OB type synth I thought I'd ask people with much more experience than me. I will download the demo and have a play :)

HTT
KVRist
114 posts since 14 Jul, 2019

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:58 pm

I downloaded the demo a few weeks back. I had other time commitments for a bit. I fired up the demo and it is expired. I didn’t even have a chance to use the demo. It was much less than 30 days. Will the timer re-set if I un-install and then re-install?

v1o
KVRAF
2300 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:58 pm

HTT wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:58 pm
I downloaded the demo a few weeks back. I had other time commitments for a bit. I fired up the demo and it is expired. I didn’t even have a chance to use the demo. It was much less than 30 days. Will the timer re-set if I un-install and then re-install?
It won't. You need to contact SA for a demo reset
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”