Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

Thanks to a kvr thread, I downloaded the demo of Obsession, and loved it.
Bought it today, and I'm very happy with it.
I got the Dune 3 upgrade offer as well, but I think I like Obsession better in some ways.

revvy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:06 am
AnX wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:01 am
mholloway wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:38 am
AnX wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:15 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:20 am So the envelopes in Obsession may be spot on and just exhibit the same type of behavior as the hardware
let's not start throwing facts around eh....
Are you asserting that the envelopes are, in fact, the same as the hardware?
If so, can you back that up with any actual info from the developer, or someone who owns the hardware or...anything?

Obsession is a powerful vintage synthesizer emulation. It starts out with the classic synth design comprised of two oscillators, a switchable two/four pole low-pass filter, two ADSR envelope generators and two LFOs, all meticulously modeled from the hardware.
I mean, that was a weird question to ask in an attempt simply to rubbish AnX. Obsession be like an accurate emulation no?
looks like he dropped out of the convo after being presented with the facts....

notification of awesome support.
emailed last night, about 10pm, woke today to both reply and resolution to my issue :clap:
it's the weekend ffs! that's just damn good service and support :D

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:49 pm notification of awesome support.
emailed last night, about 10pm, woke today to both reply and resolution to my issue :clap:
Jip hulle is die Antwoord! Haha

surreal wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:00 pm
you is freeky and i like you a lot.

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:05 pm
surreal wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:00 pm
you is freeky and i like you a lot.
Synapse Audio are really Super Ninjas when it comes to support!

I think you will like their other synths more!! No Fatty Boom Booms.. just pure preformance!

I ask this about every mpe capable synth, but can this thing respond to release velocity? Also are effects available as destinations in the mod matrix?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

i'll tell you what kind of sucker i am. i am pretty ticked off at the state of dune 3 rn, and i still cannot stop staring at this thing like it's in a set fancy french lingerie. i will most likely wind up with it.

I wanted to be the first to ask if anyone has compared it to the new Gforce Oberheim?

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/OB-E
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:12 pm I wanted to be the first to ask if anyone has compared it to the new Gforce Oberheim?

MAC ONLY! So not me!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

v1o wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:12 pm I wanted to be the first to ask if anyone has compared it to the new Gforce Oberheim?

Even if there is eventually a Windows version for the GForce plugin they are emulations of two different Oberhiem synths so a direct comparison won't make much sense.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Two completely different synths. For Oberheims, I'll stay with Obsession and bx_oberhausen, didn't like the OB-E.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You made that decision already?
wow.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:51 pm You made that decision already?
wow.
rsp
Yes, I barely touched some knobs, listened some presets, and nope..didn't like that behemoth..at all.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok...
to each their own.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”