Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:06 pm
urosh wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:46 pm Can I save patches in demo version and open them in activated version?
The Demo limitations don't make it totally clear but it seems as if Save is possible in the Demo but not recall.

OB 062020-1.png
thats usually the case if theyre savable.
wouldnt expect loadable. but save makes sense, nothing worse than getting a sweet sound on a demo and no save :o

well, there are worse things of course, but you get my drift.

Well my point was the demo limitations don't expressly say that Save is possible but as you say it's common that sounds can be saved in a Demo but not recalled.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

NVM.
Last edited by wagtunes on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Demo limitations don't make it totally clear but it seems as if Save is possible in the Demo but not recall.
OB 062020-1.png
Yeah, I saved patches, but I can't be sure cus they are not human-readable, I will make bunch of screenshots just to be sure. I started to demo it, and in 10 minutes ended with 4 patches that I simply have to save.

na
Last edited by AnX on Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urosh wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:24 pm
OB 062020-1.png
Yeah, I saved patches, but I can't be sure cus they are not human-readable, I will make bunch of screenshots just to be sure. I started to demo it, and in 10 minutes ended with 4 patches that I simply have to save.

put them in a folder, zip the folder up, upload here and we can check if they load

urosh wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:46 pm Can I save patches in demo version and open them in activated version?
Yes. The Obsession demo saves the patches, but can't load them.
The full version will load all the patches stored by a demo version.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow. Repro made my jaw drop a little the first time I really played it. My OB-6 gave me massive physical goosebump chills.

Today, Obsession almost brought actual tears of joy to my eyes with the beautiful LD Time Travel KS preset (esp after I'd disabled the onboard Delay and Reverb, and used Valhalla Delay and Transatlantic Plate). I've only spent a few minutes with it so far. I haven't made it off that preset yet after 5 min still.....

Just buy this synth. At $99 it's damned impressive. :tu:

So far, it seems to have the delicacy that can be tougher to get to on the OB-6. I think they're going to make some interesting music together.....
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:02 pm
What? An entire demo video without a “Jump” preset example? F’n rip-off.

:lol:

(Will be purchasing this later for my Father’s Day gift to myself! Exciting...)
Also planning to use the Father’s Day excuse....to go with my socks :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Definitely a very good sounding synth,and looks great too. Not sure i'm going to buy it as i have all my vintage needs covered with Diva and Repros but very solid release anyway.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ftr just got home from work and already deleted one post that was going after another member...people stick to the subject...like I said in the other thread I wont give warnings. The developer posted this release thread and I expect people to be respectful to each other.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I didn't really want to buy another softsynth, especially as I already have an OB-6 and the OP-X series... but this synth is unbelievably good. I'd say it captures the OB "dark" vibe and the filter way better than any other emulation.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm.

(PS it would be cool to have OSC 1+2 Phase in the mod matrix instead of having them separately)
would sync not solve that?

It's finally here!

I'm psyched, just bought it, very happy with a 99 price tag.

Congrats on the release Richard.

Now to dig in....!

Return to “Instruments”