One Synth Challenge #137: HY-Poly by HY-Plugins (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
4541 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:47 am

L-EctroBit wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:31 pm
New Update alert, now version 1.071:
hyakken wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 am
Hi,

Sorry, there are some bug in the previous update(v1.07) of HY-POLY.
I just updated HY-POLY(Full/Free) to v1.071.
Please download it from the product page.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-poly/

And I found that PitchBend in free version was never working.
It will work in v1.071.

Tadashi
viewtopic.php?p=7829268#p7829268

:tu:
You must have changed the unique ID. Please put it back or my saved sessions won’t find the plugin...

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
1124 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:34 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:47 am
L-EctroBit wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:31 pm
New Update alert, now version 1.071:
hyakken wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 am
Hi,

Sorry, there are some bug in the previous update(v1.07) of HY-POLY.
I just updated HY-POLY(Full/Free) to v1.071.
Please download it from the product page.
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-poly/

And I found that PitchBend in free version was never working.
It will work in v1.071.

Tadashi
viewtopic.php?p=7829268#p7829268

:tu:
You must have changed the unique ID. Please put it back or my saved sessions won’t find the plugin...
Hey TJ, please report it over here: viewtopic.php?p=7830057#p7830057

Mr Hy-Plugins has actually built a new version - now including the missing lib - which now loads in bitwig. You can find the link to the archive at the thread over there.
And you're right, the plugin versions have different id's. I still need the 1.0.0 parallel to the 1.0.71

User avatar
d34dmeat
KVRist
38 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:06 am

8) Just to be on the safe side, track edited and unallowed plugins removed. have a nice summer all! 8)

old post is edited with new info.

https://soundcloud.com/mikael-edlund/d34dmeat-blankets

doctorbob
KVRian
1485 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 pm

The different ID's also fail to load the old version in Reaper ... had to put the new VST3i version in with each preset all over again. Not so bad, but should not have to do that. Also had to remove the pitchbend CC as a mod from the Oscillator tuning. Pitchbend now works as expected, but had to change the range carefully as well. Presets seem to be OK between versions, but any "state" saved by Reaper of course did not get re-instantiated in the new plugin due to the ID issue on re-load of the project (so any thinkering I might have done in a session but not saved as a new preset is lost to me).

But, plenty of time to re-work the track ... a "slinky" track with a nice walking bassline ...

dB

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
1124 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Just a 1st little song - no submission

Silk & Concret

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/osc1 ... nd-concret
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
1124 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:49 am

HY-Plugin actually really changed the unique ID: check out my post here viewtopic.php?p=7831861#p7831861
Found out thanks to the good old VSThost. Don't know how he did plugin version managment before, but it's kind of "free style guess work".

shadowsoflight
KVRer
9 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from Calgary

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Well, I didn't think I'd have time to do a second one of these but I got sucked in after watching the video on the front page. My entry for OSC 137 is "Renewed Hope":
https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflight/renewed-hope

DAW: FL Studio
11 HY-Poly Free

I was tempted to use some effects this time, but in the end decided against it. I really wanted to see what I could come up with using this plugin alone.

User avatar
MalToné
KVRist
57 posts since 5 Dec, 2017

Post Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:51 am

One of the features I find interesting is the ADSR on the filter envelopes. It really opens up a lot of possibilities. Is that common in other synths? Maybe it's just that the GUI in Hy-Poly presented it in a way that I could understand it...

My sound design for this month is pretty simple, but I can't wait to hear what sounds people come up with from Hy-Poly...
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

User avatar
Taron
KVRAF
2671 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 am

Well, it's still pretty daring for me to dedicate any time to music, but I really enjoy HY-POLY a lot and had to do at least a little bit of a track:
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/taron-hypordia

"Hypordia"

instances: 18
DAW: MuLab (www.mutools.com)
FX: level-compressor, cross_delay, Mid-Side Processor, 2-Band EQ, PingPongBeat, Vintage Echo 1, Vintage Echo 2, simple_echo, tight room.
3rdParty: DragonFlyRoomReverb, OTT, LoudMax64

Eauson
KVRian
986 posts since 9 Jan, 2013 from morf

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:46 pm

@ Taron

Hey welcome back, your track sounds cool 👍
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

User avatar
Taron
KVRAF
2671 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks, Eauson! I've really enjoyed a tiny set of breaks away from all our madness here and do what my soul is crying out for, too. Luckily, as exhausting as it all is, my soul leads me to do all of that, too. :shrug: :hihi:

Looking forward to listening to your tracks! :phones:

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
1124 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:29 pm

You wanna here Hy-Poly pumping ?
Check out this hardstylish sketch: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/hy-a ... 3DrkYVRrQh
I think production wise it's already pretty good for a 4h-work sketch. What I really have troubles is the harsh high noizes that the filter drive adds. You guys with younger ears - though I have a high cut in the master at about 13Khz. Is it still to harsh?
Anyway, I think this is probably again a 2 tracks month ;-) Much fun with Hy-Poly free though it is kind of a pain to get some really agressive kicks out of it.

IV!
KVRist
148 posts since 31 Oct, 2019

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:34 am

Taron wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 am
Well, it's still pretty daring for me to dedicate any time to music, but I really enjoy HY-POLY a lot and had to do at least a little bit of a track:
Dear Taron, this is just Magic! You made the boring VA HY-Poly sound like phyzmod, it's amazing! The music also fascinates me, I want this track to last at least an hour! :phones: If you did it in a limited time, I'm just smitten with your talent! :clap:
] Peter:H [ wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:29 pm
You wanna here Hy-Poly pumping ?
Check out this hardstylish sketch: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/hy-a ... 3DrkYVRrQh
I think production wise it's already pretty good for a 4h-work sketch. What I really have troubles is the harsh high noizes that the filter drive adds. You guys with younger ears - though I have a high cut in the master at about 13Khz. Is it still to harsh?
Anyway, I think this is probably again a 2 tracks month ;-) Much fun with Hy-Poly free though it is kind of a pain to get some really agressive kicks out of it.
It sounds Epic! Of course, I'm not a professional (especially in electronic music), but for my 26 year old ears, that used to listening rock music mostly, this is quite a canonical mix, without unpleasant sensations at the high or anywhere else. I think I'm going to start loving hardstyle soon because of you... :lol:

User avatar
Taron
KVRAF
2671 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 am

Thanks, IV! :hug:
You're probably right, regarding the free HY-POLY's rudimentary features, which may sound "boring" on paper, but I can tell you that it's very pleasant and quick to design sounds with and it has a very nice quality (despite the scratchy syncs). I can see it be a powerful work-horse and it's fairly CPU friendly, too. :tu:
As for my song, HAha, yes, you're definitely right there! :hyper: ...even I'm annoyed that it ends so soon already. Maybe I'll do a "maxi" version later on... :D
THANK YOU, again! :)

IV!
KVRist
148 posts since 31 Oct, 2019

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:00 am

I will wait for it! :pray: :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”