VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK I have demoed now...

I can get it for 99USD
Sounds very nice
I don't need it
I will still probably buy it when its 25 USD.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

gondii wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:05 pm I can't seem to find any init patch...
The first patch when you load it is kinda init, innit? ;)

Edit: Nevermind what I wrote about TMT, I still had velocity modulation turned on on the filter envelope...

The YouTube video above shows where it is - it’s called default rather than initial.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:16 pm
The first patch when you load it is kinda init, innit? ;)

yup, that'll do, thanks!

The "Default" patch (which is loaded with a new instance) is located in "Synth Lead". I was a bit confused about that too...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

There's a "Default" patch (search for it) which you can mark as "Favourite" to find it quickly.

Calenberger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:44 pm
gondii wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:43 pm I have seen it described as "quirky" a few times and think that's quite fitting term.
Yes, and that (sometimes unpredictable) behaviour diffentiates it from "normal" vintage emulations.
Apart from the characteristic saturated tone, extensive use of the ring modulator is what imho differentiates this from most other (monosynth) analog emulations.

I heard the man in the Plugin Guru video call it "Ka-nifonium". I'm no pronunciation expert, but isn't it pronounced " Nifonium"? After all, I don't call a knife a "ka-nife", a knight a " ka-night", a knee a "ka-nee". I don't ka-now, I might be a bit of a ka-nucklehead but I am getting the ka-nack of it. :D
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Niowiad wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 pm
gondii wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:43 pm I have seen it described as "quirky" a few times and think that's quite fitting term.
Yes, and that (sometimes unpredictable) behaviour diffentiates it from "normal" vintage emulations.
Apart from the characteristic saturated tone, extensive use of the ring modulator is what imho differentiates this from most other (monosynth) analog emulations.
this is no monosynth though :D

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:04 pm
Niowiad wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 pm
this is no monosynth though :D
Yep I know, and previous builds even showed 16 voices, but they eventually settled for 8 for this final release.
Anyway, just a matter of preference, I generally tend to use monosynth emulations as monosynths even if they have polyphony in their software emulations :party:
Same way I like to use a polysynth emulation with the same number of voices as the hardware, even if they allow for more voices in software form.

Anyone get the aftertouch to work? (in options)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Can get it for $99 here, but I'm not hearing anything special in this. It's also monophonic (already set with RePro-1 and Legend, both amazing). What should I look for with this plugin? I'm not familiar with "tubes"...

Yorrrrrr wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:27 pm It's monophonic (already set with both RePro-1 and Legend)
It's 8x polyphonic. Open the upper panel, and check the Opt section.

How were they able to get the vacuum tubes into my computer? Via the installation manager?

Yorrrrrr wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:27 pm Can get it for $99 here, but I'm not hearing anything special in this. It's monophonic (already set with both RePro-1 and Legend) What should I look for with this plugin? Not familiar with "tubes"...
the ring modulator

listen to the hardware demos, there's nasty ring modulation everywhere

I have Legend and Repro, but I really wouldn't use Knifonium the same way

Return to “Instruments”