KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

but valves :hyper:

exmatproton wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:52 am Wow..i like those demo's. Very BOC and AFX (sel. A. Works2) at times
Yeah man, it sounded pretty sweet in the demos. Also noticed a BoC/AFX aesthetic. However, I can now get that sound out of Voltage Modular with a few select external FX, so it's not something I've just gotta have right this very instant. I can wait ~1yr when it's on sale for $29. :)
A well-behaved signature.

You guys are going to love this - the majority of the patches displayed in this video are by myself and Laurent "Airwave" Veronnez. We've made our 2nd Unified Library for Knifonium (Obession was our first). Every patch when called up in Unify has 8 real-time macro knobs assigned, plus bonus layered insane patches using the unique powers found in Unify.

If you don't know about our Unify plug-in or the Unified conecpt: https://youtu.be/eu5jEBaXAZU

I will say, BrainWorx was pretty adamant about being authentic - which means it is raw, unpredictable and quirky. Something I have not experienced when working with most software instruments. Because of this, I find it pretty difficult to compare to anything else.

Making the Patch walkthru video for Knifonium right now.
Woot!
• Sound Designer / Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
• Custom Sounds 4 Sale (Massive, FM8, Stylus RMX) and Free Video Tutorials PlugInGuru.com.

zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 pm Well the hardware is definitely affordable. :D
"USA / Canada Knifonium purchase price is 15999$, which includes shipping but does not include customs and duty fee."
rsp
ill wait for the bnifonium.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:06 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm Hmm... if that's what Vacuum Pro sounds like, then it might be time to finally install it. :)

Just gotta figure out where I got it from now lol...
Either with a cheap M-Audio controller or for 1$ from Plugin Boutique or for free from CM? :hihi:
Free from CM it was. :)
hmmm a jedi i sense...

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm
exmatproton wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:52 am Wow..i like those demo's. Very BOC and AFX (sel. A. Works2) at times
Yeah man, it sounded pretty sweet in the demos. Also noticed a BoC/AFX aesthetic. However, I can now get that sound out of Voltage Modular with a few select external FX, so it's not something I've just gotta have right this very instant. I can wait ~1yr when it's on sale for $29. :)
Ofcourse. There are loads of synths we can use for those sounds. But the demo's struck me. Very familiar territory for WARP people, like me :wink:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 pm The only synth I ever heard that I felt deserved a $15,000 price tag (actually it's $20,000) is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImoScan6P8

The Knife sounds okay, but $15,000? Not even close. The VST is decent sounding but I have plenty of synths that sounds as good if not better.

Sorry, I'm not hearing the special sauce here.
Then,,,it is not for you :)
Must be great btw, to be able to base that conclusion on 1 youtube vid, without ever openend it, played with it...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:45 amSounds fantastic. :o The sound "character" could be arguably compared to AIR's Vacuum Pro, which is also tube based.
Really? I am listening on my cheap work headphones but the first thing that struck me was how generic it sounded. In fact, the first patch reminds me of something on one of my SynthEdit synths from 15 years ago. I'm not hearing anything at all special about it and I can't imagine it will be in the same league as Vacuum Pro, which is just about the best V/A around.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

exmatproton wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:14 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm
Ofcourse. There are loads of synths we can use for those sounds. But the demo's struck me. Very familiar territory for WARP people, like me :wink:
Well of course, the demo's seem to be geared in that direction. Maybe the preset designers are fans of early WARP? ;)
A well-behaved signature.

Well, the apocalypse is coming. Bones and I agree. Actually, we've been doing a lot of that lately. Now THAT'S scary. :lol:

Didn't blow me away... Sounds decent but nothing special imo. I'm honestly a lot more impressed with their orange hi-gain guitar emulation that they've just released.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

BONES wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:07 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:45 amVacuum Pro, which is just about the best V/A around.
$10 at the moment

Isn't the Vacuum Pro GUI really small?

Not at all. It's quite a bit larger on my screen that DUNE, for example, which I run at the small size, and the text is a lot larger than DUNE's so it should be easy enough to read on a higher res monitor.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Thanks. And it's 64 bit?

Return to “Instruments”