/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:03 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:59 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm I am taking a Python course, but I am not sure one can use that for synths, DSP and such things 8) But that's not why I am learning it, anyway :wink:
Python seems nice 8) I have it installed and learnt the very basics, but got busy with other things and forgot it! All languages IMO have their beauties (just like real live languages). Ruby also is a very elegant young language :)

I thought to start seriously with DSP and some C++ but I don't have any motive (not even for fun!). It seemed like a black hole sun for my time! Anyway, I might have a look at Lua script (and HALion Script) but I don't have a need to go that deep in HALion, at least not yet!
Yes, I don't have any motivation and interest in programming, either. It is something for young nerds. But who knows what the future will bring, so I have to learn something that's in demand.

With DSP I think the programming as such is the easy part, the difficult part is the math and physics behind audio.
I really don't know how easy or difficult is the DSP programming (not counting math and physics used in audio!). It might be that there are levels of how deep you can go. Maybe there are libraries you can use instead of writing them yourself (just like in any other software development except low level programming, like OS). Anyway, I know that C++ make you loose your hair faster than other languages :hihi:

Anyway, back to the topic. I think Halion sounds the best overall! Yesterday I have spent it with Anima and Voltage (only). Wow! They are really very inspirational.

In the short time I have been testing Synth demos there is one Synth that seems to work flawlessly for me.
And that is Sylenth, I am in the market for something like it but with more features.

EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:46 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:03 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:59 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm I am taking a Python course, but I am not sure one can use that for synths, DSP and such things 8) But that's not why I am learning it, anyway :wink:
Python seems nice 8) I have it installed and learnt the very basics, but got busy with other things and forgot it! All languages IMO have their beauties (just like real live languages). Ruby also is a very elegant young language :)

I thought to start seriously with DSP and some C++ but I don't have any motive (not even for fun!). It seemed like a black hole sun for my time! Anyway, I might have a look at Lua script (and HALion Script) but I don't have a need to go that deep in HALion, at least not yet!
Yes, I don't have any motivation and interest in programming, either. It is something for young nerds. But who knows what the future will bring, so I have to learn something that's in demand.

With DSP I think the programming as such is the easy part, the difficult part is the math and physics behind audio.
I really don't know how easy or difficult is the DSP programming (not counting math and physics used in audio!). It might be that there are levels of how deep you can go. Maybe there are libraries you can use instead of writing them yourself (just like in any other software development except low level programming, like OS). Anyway, I know that C++ make you loose your hair faster than other languages :hihi:

Anyway, back to the topic. I think Halion sounds the best overall! Yesterday I have spent it with Anima and Voltage (only). Wow! They are really very inspirational.
I never really understood the Steinberg universe. It seems similar to NI's.

I don't think there is a special universe for Steinberg. They are however an undeniable important pioneer/contributer in computer music.
I don't think also they are similar to NI. Halion might seem like Kontakt, but I find it easier to use and nearer to the hardware workstation. Anyway, I'm interested in the synth engines more than sampling features. It can be the main synth/workstation to use without the feel of missing something essential :)

Jonas Harmon Lane wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:29 am In the short time I have been testing Synth demos there is one Synth that seems to work flawlessly for me.
And that is Sylenth, I am in the market for something like it but with more features.
Then check out u-he Hive-2, and Reveal Spire.

My top 4 ...
Synthmaster 2.9
VPS Avenger
AAS Ultra-Analog 3
Synth 1 (can't help it, I just love that thing)
Last edited by atya on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZebraHZ
Pigments 2
Blue 2
Last edited by don_sook on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pigments2 is the most powerful and versatile synth I have used. Endless options for sound design.

I increasingly appreciate synths that do a few things well, as opposed to synths that try to do everything.

Razor gives me my favorite bass sounds.
Damage 1 provides great bombastic, cut-through-the-mix percussion.
Hybrid Keys gives me alternatives to pianos that I really like.

form.

FM8
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

My current trio list is:
Massive X
Reaktor Blocks
CZ-V

who makes the final "best off" list? :D

clipnotic wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:03 pm who makes the final "best off" list? :D
you dont make the final list sorry.

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 pm
clipnotic wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:03 pm who makes the final "best off" list? :D
you dont make the final list sorry.
shit :D

Return to “Instruments”