Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is not free, JRR lists it as free, but when you go to paypal, it pops up at $59.99. Must be a glitch on the JRR site

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I tried to download it from the main site, and the zip file is empty LMAO

vertibration wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:33 pm I tried to download it from the main site, and the zip file is empty LMAO
It's rare for the adage that you get what you pay for to be so literally true.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Bro I know hahaha. I was thinking, this must be a prank

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well suprised it's free and an interesting new synth..hopefully the download issues will be sorted soon.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

It's written in a new type of code, since 01011100's took up too much space.

PLEASE NOTE THE INSTALLERS ARE NOT WORKING! WE ARE FIXING THE PROBLEM AND HOPE TO BE UP SHORTLY.
From eventide

Download seems fine now (just managed to install Mac version).

It's working now for windows as well.

I rather like it so far, although the sound spectrum doesn't feel extremely versatile.
Will be interesting what the proposed full version will offer, other than more voices.
A bummer is the non-scaleable interface since it looks like vectors anyway.
Also, MPE voice allocation seems broken with my seaboard block. Random keys don't produce sound. Otherwise it's great with MPE and I think it comes really alive with that kind of modulation.
One of the more interesting things that came out recently IMO.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Calenberger wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:49 am Pendulate
by Newfangled Audio / Eventide

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... /pendulate

Their description:

Unleash Chaos
Bored of the same old synth sounds? Well here's something truly new—Newfangled Audio's Pendulate. Most synthesizers sound similar because they're based on the same technologies. Pendulate is refreshingly different. It is a chaotic monosynth that uses a brand new oscillator technique to create previously unheard sounds - biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures.

Pendulate is a chaotic monosynth based on the physics of a double pendulum. What initially looks like randomness contains underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. When designing the Pendulate oscillator we took great care to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.

Pendulate's chaotic oscillator is matched with a wavefolder and low pass gate inspired by the ideas of legendary synthesizer designer, Don Buchla. These three modules—oscillator, wave folder, and gate—combine to make inconceivable sounds that you can't help but want to hear again.

Every parameter in Pendulate's three modules can be modulated by an included Envelope Generator, LFO, or MIDI and MPE sources. The innovative modulation interface allows you to easily and quickly patch any combination of sources to any destination—creating sounds that are sure to make you move with them

Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you've never heard before, but will want to hear again
Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF

Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE

Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings
MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should

Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane

Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation

Three unique color schemes to customize your look
136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange (Producer, DJ) and Matthew Wang (Composer Film/TV).

No iLok Required
macOS 10.9+ - AAX 32/64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
Windows 8+ - AAX 32/64-bit, VST3 32/64-bit
No 32 bit... :dog:

Return to “Instruments”