Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
168 posts since 19 Apr, 2020

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:05 am

I was on the fence given the lack of resizable UI, but the video above pushed me over and I picked it up!

User avatar
KVRAF
2289 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:24 am

m43lstr0m wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:44 pm
I use the iLok app on my PC. Everything is activated once then Cloud synched. Never a problem again. I only launch iLok to activate any new products that have iLok. I don't see any problem with it.
Thankfully never had an old iLok dongle because that would have been a headache.
The problem happens if your computer breaks then you aren't possible to deactivate your licences. Be careful with Ilok i warn!

abi
KVRian
810 posts since 11 May, 2004 from cologne,germany

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am

Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Did you have different experiences?

User avatar
KVRAF
2289 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am

abi wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am
Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Did you have different experiences?
Luckily when my computer broke, it came back to life for one final hour or two giving me enough time to deactivate the licenses. "dongle next time" i thought, but i haven't replaced the computer yet.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
77682 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am

Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am
abi wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am
Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Did you have different experiences?
Luckily when my computer broke, it came back to life for one final hour or two giving me enough time to deactivate the licenses. "dongle next time" i thought, but i haven't replaced the computer yet.
soft ilok, ive never read of anyone losing everything. as above, it may take time (annoying maybe) but the licences are replaced.
with a dongle, you lose it, then you can have issues and at the least will have to pay for, and wait for, a new dongle.
so equally as annoying in terms of time, but with additional cost plus use of a usb port.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
77682 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:47 am

plus, its called a dongle, which is f**king stupid.

User avatar
KVRAF
2289 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:56 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am
Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am
abi wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am
Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Did you have different experiences?
Luckily when my computer broke, it came back to life for one final hour or two giving me enough time to deactivate the licenses. "dongle next time" i thought, but i haven't replaced the computer yet.
soft ilok, ive never read of anyone losing everything. as above, it may take time (annoying maybe) but the licences are replaced.
with a dongle, you lose it, then you can have issues and at the least will have to pay for, and wait for, a new dongle.
so equally as annoying in terms of time, but with additional cost plus use of a usb port.
I think i'll need a dongle so that i can use 2 computers.

abi
KVRian
810 posts since 11 May, 2004 from cologne,germany

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:02 am

Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:56 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am
Spring Goose wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am
abi wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am
Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Did you have different experiences?
Luckily when my computer broke, it came back to life for one final hour or two giving me enough time to deactivate the licenses. "dongle next time" i thought, but i haven't replaced the computer yet.
soft ilok, ive never read of anyone losing everything. as above, it may take time (annoying maybe) but the licences are replaced.
with a dongle, you lose it, then you can have issues and at the least will have to pay for, and wait for, a new dongle.
so equally as annoying in terms of time, but with additional cost plus use of a usb port.
I think i'll need a dongle so that i can use 2 computers.
depends on the developer. of the ones i use eventide, soundtoys, endeavourfx, airmusic, softube and nembriniaudio allow two machines, neuraldsp even 3, only mcdsp allows one.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
77682 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:04 am

yeah thats different. depending on developers.
if thats something you need to do, then i can see the use.

i dont own any ilok products hard or soft, not because im against ilok, just havent bought products that require it, if i was interested in a product, ilok wouldnt put me off.
i may prefer soft over a dongle though, personally, for reasons outlined in my previous post.
(mainly usb ports, i dont seem to have enough of those as it is)

User avatar
KVRAF
2289 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 am

I've had 2 computers break in the last 8 month or so! (cheap Dell refurbs)

I think i only have 1 license left on many of my things. Zynaptiq only let you have 1 license and recommend having a dongle. I can see both points of view.

User avatar
KVRAF
21321 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 am

One of the computers was stolen from me had a number of soft iLok licenses on it. I was able to recover them but it required getting ahold of the developer as well as iLok. It was easier than with some things (which I won't re-rehearse here). iLok support was good, reasonably prompt and coherent.

KVRist
119 posts since 6 May, 2012 from New York

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:22 am

Yeah, we allow two authorizations per license, and try to be reasonable with people if they’re stuck and need more. Also, we try to turn around revokes and new licenses for broken machines or lost iloks quickly.

One of the things you guys don’t see is all of the backend structure PACE has to allow us to do that easily.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

User avatar
KVRAF
32443 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:58 pm

When will we get our hands on the update with the resizeable UI?

User avatar
KVRAF
1793 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:15 pm

aMUSEd wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:58 pm
When will we get our hands on the update with the resizeable UI?
+1 :)
Intel i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | GeForce RTX 3090 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Arturia SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One 5 | Reason 11 | Bitwig Studio 3 | Reaper 6 | Renoise 3 | FL Studio 20 | ~900 VSTs | ~300+ REs

User avatar
GRRRRRRR!
11413 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:12 pm

My bandmate said he got an update to Pendulate last night. Not sure if it includes a resizable GUI, it's not something I have to worry about.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”