Komplete 13, ladies and gents

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Jkist wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am
I'm not sure which version of Komplete 12 I started with, but I DID have to purchase the UCE upgrade, so I think I'm good to go right?
You should check which version you are using as a base. If your upgrade is from Kx-Ultimate (can be K8-U ..... K12-U), then the 50% price is ~300€ (298 in Thomann). It is worth it.

If your base version is K2....K12 (not ultimate), then the price is considerably higher, the procedure is not so attractive at 458€, it would be better to just purchase the K12U-CE to K13U-CE Update (about 500€ everywhere). You'd save 41€ in the case of Thomann. Ah, well, in this case it might be worth it, you could resell your Kx to K12UCE upgrade at a better price than KxU to K12UCE.

Jkist wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:58 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:16 am
Jkist wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 am Ok I am really confused. I have K12UCE. Can I take advantage of this madness somehow still?

If I understand this right, even though I own K12UCE, I buy the upgrade AGAIN, and I will receive the upgrade to 13 for free? Thanks guys! You people are heroes!
Yes, you can indeed take advantage of this IF you have a base version for your K12U CE which you can upgrade to K12U CE (again). If you only have K12U CE, unfortunately, there is no advantage here. Hope you got my point. If not, I can explain again if you give some more info of what bundles you have and how are they bought (update/upgrade).
I'm not sure which version of Komplete 12 I started with, but I DID have to purchase the UCE upgrade, so I think I'm good to go right?
Just look at your account, you will know right? It is important to know this for the best resolution.

If you have K12U CE Upgrade, it means you could have standard or ultimate previously, so it should work fine. As long as you have the qualifying base version in your account, you could resell the existing K12U CE Upgrade for cheap and then buy one more K12U CE Upgrade now to get K13U CE for free.

Anyone knows what will be the limit date to register a Komplete 12 Upgrade to get the grace upgrade to version 13?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:48 am Anyone knows what will be the limit date to register a Komplete 12 Upgrade to get the grace upgrade to version 13?
September to Oct 1st I think.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yes, register by 30th September to be eligible for automatic update/upgrade to K13. Else, you will need to contact NI.

Now imagine NI will release K13 on the 30th September!

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:07 am Now imagine NI will release K13 on the 30th September!
With all the time zone differences, I would recommend registering by 29th to be on safer side. I did on 14th, so I don't mind even if they release NOW. ;)

However, NI being in Germany, I think it will be formally released on 1st October only, post their lunch.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

I ordered my K12U update yesterday at noon from Thomann and still haven't heard anything...I am starting to wonder if these units have been pulled!!

K12U is on a 'hard drive' so if you buy 12 you have to download a lot of content (if you buy 13 the you have it all on HD as a back and save download time) so there is a good reason the K12U should be sold off cheaper IMHO....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=5515

All the audio demos are excellent, but just can't get enough of the first one, New Horizons. Absolutely beautiful and it is quite emotive too. Wondering who has done it?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=5515

All the audio demos are excellent, but just can't get enough of the first one, New Horizons. Absolutely beautiful and it is quite emotive too. Wondering who has done it?
Benny Oschmann.. :)

https://e-instruments.com/instruments/s ... a-quartet/
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Nvmd.

Is the 'quartet' included with KU13 or just the violin?

SLiC wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm Is the 'quartet' included with KU13 or just the violin?
Just the violin the quartet is in the KU13CE
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 pm https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ntent=5515

Benny Oschmann.. :)

https://e-instruments.com/instruments/s ... a-quartet/
Thank you. :)

With the orchestral and cinematic libraries included in K13U CE, I think any type of soundtrack can be done with ease. So much so that it might inspire me create this type of music again or at least inspire me to use these instruments in the genre I want/am doing now.

Hi all, i'm really curious about that price tag cut buying K12UCE at thomann or other dealers. In my NI account i have K9U Crossgrade, K10U Update, K11U Update e K12UCE Upgrade for K8U-K12U. So i wonder if i can buy another K12UCE at reduced price at thomann and get the free update to K13UCE since the normal price at NI is 499€ (really high imho).

Return to “Instruments”