Komplete 13, ladies and gents

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:59 am Ohh, my trance track made with Massive X + Kontour, Action Strings, Emotive Strings, Session Strings + Damage and Battery 4 just got accepted by the label :)
So it's not impossible to make use of everything Komplete has to offer.
Some years ago one could only dream of having the arsenal you just described ready at disposal...

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:49 am Where NI is concerned, I think they should be partnering up with really diverse artists with diverse styles, more than just the usual hip-hop/EDM. If the styles were to vary wildly, so too would their sound sets.
Recently I was looking at their Expansion Packs on their website and there's quite a variety. Way more than I saw in my basic Komplete. Of course it's mostly electronica/rap but also 80's, synthwave, pop or funk - not that bad imo.
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:49 am In an unrelated topic, I find it really interesting that their patches only tend to cover Massive, Monark, Battery, and Prism. In all this time they don’t really seem to have expanded on it. Not even Razor or Super 8. Asides from the Massive X specific soundsets. Well, not that I have seen at least.
Isn't it dictated by what is included in Maschine? I thought that there's Massive, Monark, Battery, and Prism from synths thus presets are made for these.

I use a good bit of the stuff in komplete and now that I grabbed a maschine controller, I'm using more of it. It's good to have all this stuff even if I don't need it right this second. When work comes I don't have lots of time for shopping around to get sounds. All this variety has me prepared for damn near anything I could he called upon to do (this is on top of all of the other libraries and sounds I have for more "traditional scoring"). If I only worked as an artist in one or two genres I don't think I'd be as likely to want all this stuff set aside for a rainy day, but even then it's such a low price that it can be argued "why not have all this junk in case I do want to make some trailer, hybrid electronic orchestral music?" Just picking out a few NI flagship products is already more expensive than komplete so why not get the whole thing?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

pixel85 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:28 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:49 am Where NI is concerned, I think they should be partnering up with really diverse artists with diverse styles, more than just the usual hip-hop/EDM. If the styles were to vary wildly, so too would their sound sets.
Recently I was looking at their Expansion Packs on their website and there's quite a variety. Way more than I saw in my basic Komplete. Of course it's mostly electronica/rap but also 80's, synthwave, pop or funk - not that bad imo.
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:49 am In an unrelated topic, I find it really interesting that their patches only tend to cover Massive, Monark, Battery, and Prism. In all this time they don’t really seem to have expanded on it. Not even Razor or Super 8. Asides from the Massive X specific soundsets. Well, not that I have seen at least.
Isn't it dictated by what is included in Maschine? I thought that there's Massive, Monark, Battery, and Prism from synths thus presets are made for these.
Yeah I think I'd have to agree with you on all counts.

Or at least, I speculated the same thing about Machine. The question is why.though. Several years on, several new software releases, you'd think some of that tech would get added along the way to the Machine ecosystem.

I find it odd that it doesn't seem to be the case.

Has any of you purchased an upgrade to the latest Komplete as a boxed version and then sold it without the box as a digital license? Is this possible?
Karlush
Spotify

clipnotic wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:12 pm That depends on the sample packs you're buying, there are millions available at the moment for every genre from thousands of labels. To find the good packs I mostly buy just one pack from a label first on sale to test their quality ...
The last thing I got from them was one of the soul themed packs for 24$ or so, breaking my "don't buy anything between Komplete updates" rule.

Man, one of the worst sample packs ever (and I did listen to the demos). I haven't updated to v13 or whatever number is recent and have no plans (so far) to update when the next big number comes around.

Well, resizable GUIs would do the trick for me but apart from that, I don't think so.

I haven't even installed all of the Komplete 12 libs after the computer crash I had in January. I think I have 40+ things still waiting to be installed (or not, most probably).

k

karlingen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:05 am Has any of you purchased an upgrade to the latest Komplete as a boxed version and then sold it without the box as a digital license? Is this possible?
Probably. Note that you have to sell both though, the upgrade, and the license you upgrade from, as they are tied together, and the upgrade won't work without the upgraded license.

BTW, word on the shtreet is that NI's Summer of Sound will begin later today.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 am BTW, word on the shtreet is that NI's Summer of Sound will begin later today.
The front-end marketing on the site hasn't been updated yet, but if you select an upgrade pathway to add to basket it's 50% off!
Always Read the Manual!

:tu:

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:53 am
karlingen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:05 am Has any of you purchased an upgrade to the latest Komplete as a boxed version and then sold it without the box as a digital license? Is this possible?
Probably. Note that you have to sell both though, the upgrade, and the license you upgrade from, as they are tied together, and the upgrade won't work without the upgraded license.
Yes, it is possible. I have bought K12U Update boxed version from T+S and sold it later without the box.

Also, you can sell the update/upgrade license, as long as the buyer has the required base version for the update/upgrade. This is what I really like about Native Instruments.

Too bad (actually good!) I already have the Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition. No excitement for this year's summer sale. ;)

Nevertheless, I will be watching the NI website for the eye candy. :hihi:
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:29 am Too bad (actually good!) I already have the Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition. No excitement for this year's summer sale. ;)
I feel for you 😁😁😁

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:29 am Too bad (actually good!) I already have the Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition. No excitement for this year's summer sale. ;)
Still fighting with myself whether Super 8 and Noire are worth 99 € for me. I guess not. Might rather wait what Komplete 14 will bring next year.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:44 am
Still fighting with myself whether Super 8 and Noire are worth 99 € for me. I guess not. Might rather wait what Komplete 14 will bring next year.
Yeah, not really. But you do get Guitar Rig 6 Pro as well unless you are not interested in it. And a few other things too. Also, perhaps it would be cheaper if you find a way to buy it in USD and possibly also avoid any VAT.

Return to “Instruments”