Komplete 13, ladies and gents

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
2014 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:11 am

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:59 am
Ohh, my trance track made with Massive X + Kontour, Action Strings, Emotive Strings, Session Strings + Damage and Battery 4 just got accepted by the label :)
So it's not impossible to make use of everything Komplete has to offer.
Some years ago one could only dream of having the arsenal you just described ready at disposal...

KVRian
966 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 am

simon.a.billington wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:49 am
Where NI is concerned, I think they should be partnering up with really diverse artists with diverse styles, more than just the usual hip-hop/EDM. If the styles were to vary wildly, so too would their sound sets.
Recently I was looking at their Expansion Packs on their website and there's quite a variety. Way more than I saw in my basic Komplete. Of course it's mostly electronica/rap but also 80's, synthwave, pop or funk - not that bad imo.
simon.a.billington wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:49 am
In an unrelated topic, I find it really interesting that their patches only tend to cover Massive, Monark, Battery, and Prism. In all this time they don’t really seem to have expanded on it. Not even Razor or Super 8. Asides from the Massive X specific soundsets. Well, not that I have seen at least.
Isn't it dictated by what is included in Maschine? I thought that there's Massive, Monark, Battery, and Prism from synths thus presets are made for these.
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

KVRAF
3030 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 am

I use a good bit of the stuff in komplete and now that I grabbed a maschine controller, I'm using more of it. It's good to have all this stuff even if I don't need it right this second. When work comes I don't have lots of time for shopping around to get sounds. All this variety has me prepared for damn near anything I could he called upon to do (this is on top of all of the other libraries and sounds I have for more "traditional scoring"). If I only worked as an artist in one or two genres I don't think I'd be as likely to want all this stuff set aside for a rainy day, but even then it's such a low price that it can be argued "why not have all this junk in case I do want to make some trailer, hybrid electronic orchestral music?" Just picking out a few NI flagship products is already more expensive than komplete so why not get the whole thing?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”