Wave sequencing like RP Blue 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, not notice any VST like RP's Blue 2 which has wave sequencing capabilities. Blue 2 can have at least 16 steps and let users put each samples into each slot. But it was a bit limited to use those built-in samples and can't do something like "various timing". May I know if there is any other VST can do wave seq and better in this regards?

Thanks!
cowby

Edited: already got Wavestation & synthmasater

Well as much as I hate to recommend the developer, Wusikstation at least up to version 7 was the best Wavesequencing synth I've ever owned or tried. I got sounds out of it that I've never been able to get from any other plugin.

Versions after 7 seemed to lose focus so I bailed out.

But the developer has ummm "issues" so be cautious when dealing with him. Don't buy into any future promises.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thanks. but do you know of any VST can import user samples for wav seq'ing ?

Yes Wusikstation. I still have a 50 gigabyte folder of samples that were made specifically for WS and of course you can load your own.

Just google Wusikstation and do a little research. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MSoundFactory can pretty much do that by assigning custom samples on the wavetable module, then using a modulator/sequencer on the wave position parameter.
Being those custom shapes part of a wavetable you can ideally choose either a stepped/hard transition, or a smoother transition depending on how you "draw" the sequencer.
Blue3 will include custom sample import, can't wait for it to be released :harp:

Voltage Audio Vector Bundle.?

Didn't know that Blue can do Wavesequencing yet... :?

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:21 am Yes Wusikstation. I still have a 50 gigabyte folder of samples that were made specifically for WS and of course you can load your own.

Just google Wusikstation and do a little research. :wink:
There is a SoundBytes version of v8 with limited content, but it has the same engine and it's free: https://soundbytesmag.net/sb-plugins/

SubBoomBass 2 also does wave sequencing, but I'm not sure if you can load your own waveforms for it.

Niowiad wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:06 am Blue3 will include custom sample import, can't wait for it to be released
The problem with Blue II's wavesequenceing is there is no way to have smooth transitions between the samples. It all just hard transitions at least at this point.
Examigan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:40 pm There is a SoundBytes version of v8 with limited content, but it has the same engine and it's free: https://soundbytesmag.net/sb-plugins/
Cool thanks ! I can't find my version 7 installer and reg code so this might work to get WS back. I had tried version 8 and although I had done a ton of wavesequenecing patches for earlier versions I couldn't seem to get anything from Version 8. :?

I found this video where he puts together waveforms for sequencing which may be of some help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXGlm75uM0

Thanks I'm watching in parts right now. I see as the 15:53 mark or so that he's got a folder of my old presets.

It's been quite some time ago but I just remember the workflow was changed from version 7 to 8 and not to the better or at least that was my opinion at the time. I had been around WS since version 1.

I managed to get some work done today and it will read my old presets but they won't find their samples even though they are in the current installation folder. I have to manually repair and then save again.

So to the OP I'd say definitely go ahead and download the free Wusikstation version 8. It's got enough sample content to get you well started and of course you can load your own.

Thanks again to Examigan for the heads up. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:21 pm It's been quite some time ago but I just remember the workflow was changed from version 7 to 8 and not to the better or at least that was my opinion at the time. I had been around WS since version 1.

Thanks again to Examigan for the heads up. :tu:
You're welcome! :)
I had also bought the first version of Wusikstation when it was released many years ago. I kept upgrading until about version 4 or 5 but eventually bought other plugins (OP-X Pro II and Sylenth1 were 2 of them) and wasn't using WS as much anymore.

WS really is the most capable wavesequencing plugin I've ever tried. The resulting sounds are not for everybody but if you're into doing soundtracks or backing music for Sci-Fi movies or do New Age, Ambient, etc it's brilliant.

I'd love to see other developers take a shot at WS plugins. It's one segment of the market that isn't flooded as lord knows we've got tons of VA,WT,FM etc synths.

^^^
IIRC for ambient the developer William says better to use 8008.
I will love to see someone more inspiring to do the video tutorials.
Better would be great if someone did a ZOOM classes on WusikStation and 8008.

"I'd love to see other developers take a shot at WS plugins."
+1

Niowiad wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:06 am MSoundFactory can pretty much do that by assigning custom samples on the wavetable module, then using a modulator/sequencer on the wave position parameter.
Being those custom shapes part of a wavetable you can ideally choose either a stepped/hard transition, or a smoother transition depending on how you "draw" the sequencer.
Blue3 will include custom sample import, can't wait for it to be released :harp:
Where was info posted about blue 3?

Return to “Instruments”