Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

This will be a great product. No doubt the video twist leads me to believe they used the software for the sounds.

I still hope for a proper CS-80 at some point, though.

JonSolo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 pm This will be a great product. No doubt the video twist leads me to believe they used the software for the sounds.

In the video, Dave Spiers does say that the sound was from the soft synth.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Man, we need a spoilers tag on this forum.

Oh wow, the first time I watched that I didn't go to the end. I was actually thinking while watching it "huh, this doesn't sound quite as fat as their other SEM video demo." I've never played a SEM in real life but was pretty impressed by their other SEM video. After watching this one yesterday though I thought, oh I guess the sound isn't that different from my analog emulation VSTs. But still thought it was the hardware until today.

I'm sure it will be awesome, but am not blown away so far, I hate being underwhelmed and then learning it's a VST! I like to believe there's hardly any difference between hardware and software these days... ;)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:35 pm I like to believe there's hardly any difference between hardware and software these days... ;)
Keep believing :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:35 pm I was actually thinking while watching it "huh, this doesn't sound quite as fat as their other SEM video demo.
You've got great ears!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am
trackbout wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:56 am It looks like the 8 Voice Programmer in the Arturia is more of an arpeggiator thing? Never used it but it doesn't look much like the GForce implementation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7BmpJIMcl0
This video shows an iSEM for iPads. SEM V is for real computers...
The Arturia is theoretically limited in that regard, as it can modify only up to 6 parameters of each voice. In the advanced settings is an 8 voice programmer to do that. Practically that is sufficient. In terms of UI I even prefer that, as you can program the variations of all 8 in one place...
I also setup my bx_oberhausen in Bitwig for 8-voice SEM MPE joy. Works like charm, but eats significant CPU (8 instances in an instrument selector...) Lets see how that GForce compares... Will it support MPE...?
Ah cool, is it different on real computers? I read that the “Voice Programmer” module worked the same in the iOS version.

This sounds really amazing to me! I think this could be the Oberheim softsynth I've been waiting for. Not REALLY understanding the different Obie models, I've been a little disappointed in everything so far. But this video has THAT SOUND I've been wanting in an Obie emulation. I love bx_oberhausen, but the sounds in this video seem to have that extra randomness, complexity and richness... beautiful stuff. I do wish they had used the original type face in the GUI, instead of just something kinda similar - that's makes a big difference on the nostalgic vibe for me. But I'm really looking forward to Tuesday...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am I also setup my bx_oberhausen in Bitwig for 8-voice SEM MPE joy. Works like charm, but eats significant CPU (8 instances in an instrument selector...)
Not to hijack this thread, but... out of interest, can you elaborate on that? How exactly did you set that up?

DocAtlas wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:30 pm
JonSolo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 pm This will be a great product. No doubt the video twist leads me to believe they used the software for the sounds.

In the video, Dave Spiers does say that the sound was from the soft synth.
I also don't mean to hijack here, but there was one like that for OP-X Pro Katsunori Ujiie playing where he reveals it is the plugin and not the hardware's audio.
Last edited by Examigan on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:18 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am I also setup my bx_oberhausen in Bitwig for 8-voice SEM MPE joy. Works like charm, but eats significant CPU (8 instances in an instrument selector...)
Not to hijack this thread, but... out of interest, can you elaborate on that? How exactly did you set that up?
As Bx_Oberhausen only reacts on Midi channel 1 I needed a little tool from BobDog to be able to tell Bitwig we are in MPE land. The thread this was introduced is this:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=460902&start=120
The tool you would need is here:
https://github.com/AndrewCapon/CADMidiPassthroughVST
It just passes on any Midi but tells Bitwig "I am a synth" so you can set it to MPE mode.
It can further be enhanced with some modulations. If you create a new sound, delete all instances but one, modify the sound and then duplicate it again 7 times...
Attached the Bitwig preset...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks. :tu:

I don't own Bitwig, but, maybe I get some ideas for Studio One's multi instrument thingie. :)

After checking out the SEM V from Arturia, I would love to use the synth in the way GForce handles all this: all the controls (mainly) on one display.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 am
trackbout wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:56 am It looks like the 8 Voice Programmer in the Arturia is more of an arpeggiator thing? Never used it but it doesn't look much like the GForce implementation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7BmpJIMcl0
The Arturia is theoretically limited in that regard, as it can modify only up to 6 parameters of each voice. In the advanced settings is an 8 voice programmer to do that. Practically that is sufficient.
Except you can't play all 8 voices simultaneously on SEM V (or 4-voice 2-note polyphony, or 2-voice 4-note either for that matter), so I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it "sufficient" overall. Though, yeah, 6 parameters is generally a sufficient number for most purposes.

Anyway, who's psyched for the Tuesday Reveal - Bright Sparks: The Outtakes (featuring twenty minutes of Nick Batt talking about PWM! A rare shot of AutomaticGainsay's hands without rings (18 and over, please)! Jean-Michel Jarre trying to get used to the minikeys on a RefaceDX and losing his mind, just utterly screaming at the top of his lungs, when he realizes it's only 4-op! A bargain at $49.99!)

Lint_Huffer7 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:26 am hands without rings.
this is exactly what i was thinking. how in the world does he stay married?

Return to “Instruments”