Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I'm sure this was not a strategic decision, no one in their right mind would think it was a a good idea. Has nothing to do with PC piracy or gauging the market.

My guess is this was not a decision at all but rather a constraint, resulting from a lack of man power and either the relative immaturity of JUCE at the time development of the plugin began, a lack of awareness of JUCE altogether, or an ill-advised decision not to use JUCE because it costs money.

Sucks to see the backlash against such an awesome company, but it's understandable. Would have been wise to clear the air on this issue BEFORE winding everyone up.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm Wait a minute someone needs to give voice to the 1%......

No Linux version ? :tantrum:
I’m already pissed off at the lack of C64 support

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:58 pm I can't pretend it isn't enjoyable to watch the PC people bitch when things come only on PC and they go on and on and on, or complain about why don't some developers just drop mac support.
PC users have been watching Mac users bitch and whine for two decades when a plugin is PC only.

It's nice we Windows users get a chance to bitch and whine too for a change. :tu:

Oh well it is what it is so moving on...... :arrow:
Maybe you're on to something... Perhaps, they can keep it a Mac only product for a while to build a cult following. Then later spring the PC version on everyone to clean up the rest of the cash reserves. And of course get the company ripe and ready to be sold to Apple just like Camel Audio?

So many options...

Currently they're following the Universal Audio's business model of releasing Mac only versions of their newest hardware to beta test it's financial potential on the audio industry's community.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm

It's nice we Windows users get a chance to bitch and whine too for a change.
To be fair, this thread shows you guys are totally up for the task.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Dear GForce,

In light of recent events, I'd like to take the opportunity to request that whatever "second product" you're currently working on be released for Windows PCs at launch. Or please tell us right now that it won't. And if it won't, what are you thinking? I'd strongly advise you to stop what you're doing and change course now. Thanks in advance!

Yes, imagine if the second product is that elusive, fully functional software CS80 that so many have been longing for and then...Mac only. Yikes.

Nah, the "second product" is more Mellotron stuff. :P

... and it doesn't seem to have a init patch either (at least, not in the demo)

It has: press mono for a mono patch
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm I feel a bit bad. A lot of lessons being hashed out in a very public way. Thank God my mistakes at work don't garner this much interest!
Someone has to pay. Hugo, your time has come :evil:

Obviously kidding, there's absolutely nothing to blame this Hugo guy for. AFAIK he's not the one taking decisions. But the executives (not sure it's the right term) deserve all the reactions we can read here. Disappointment is well legitimate. As soon as it doesn't turn into a mass bullying, which this thread is not yet.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

MillerSam wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm It has: press mono for a mono patch
oh, thanks!

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm No PC version?

WTF, GForce?

I'm standing here with money in hand. Why won't you take it?
Because they are unable. :clap:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

MillerSam wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm It has: press mono for a mono patch
Just saw that in your video....
Since to the left of that there is poly/mono/legato switch which is what I was using, although it is very finicky to get it to mono.
rsp
sound sculptist

EdSfer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:29 pm I feel a bit bad. A lot of lessons being hashed out in a very public way. Thank God my mistakes at work don't garner this much interest!
Someone has to pay. Hugo, your time has come :evil:

Obviously kidding, there's absolutely nothing to blame this Hugo guy for. AFAIK he's not the one taking decisions. But the executives (not sure it's the right term) deserve all the reactions we can read here. Disappointment is well legitimate. As soon as it doesn't turn into a mass bullying, which this thread is not yet.
If this was in reverse some of the outraged windows users would be all snarky telling the Mac users to f**k off and get back on topic. However as it's this way ronnd we get ED claiming he knows who has done the dev work and that he's too Mac focused and then everyone piles on. Pretty f**king disgusting. I'm outa here.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”