Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

biscuitdough wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:07 pm I think there are too many minimoog emus out now (my opinion). I would love a proper Realistic Concertmate MG-1 emu. The manx one is pretty nice though.
Or a Prodigy.
Indeed.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

As a long time Modular user, this is a great direction for the synth. I've been waiting for a vintage sounding modules to compliment the relatively modern sounding earlier collections. For being able to use the Moog modules with Braids, Rubicon, Korgasmatron..are a dream come true. This was used to be the missing link. It's kind of a modular class Diva now. To me the intro price which is $79 with discount code is more than worth it just for the modules.

I own all the Moog native plugins and prefer to say that they're all complimenting each other. Especially since no Moog sounds the same. Even the MiniMonsta has certain charm that I won't let go. But imho Model 72 is the most detailed one, down to the little nuance can't be had from the others. It's the first plugin that I really enjoy to play without using any fx, for being able to truly enjoy the rawness, the drift and authentic tone. It shines especially in the bass and mid register, just the way I like it..beefy, punchy and in your face. I usually add some delays or reverbs when playing with a mono synth. But this one is different, really enjoy the basic tone and quality as it is. It just nailed it.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Anyone know how long the promo code lasts for?

Raddler1 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 pm Anyone know how long the promo code lasts for?
Offer valid until October 29th, 2020

i think the promo code will work also until then. no mention of it.

antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 am Thanks God I never got Modular, so I'm not tempted by this :D
be tempted, come to the soft side..... :D

WasteLand wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:07 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 am Thanks God I never got Modular, so I'm not tempted by this :D
I've got Reaktor 6, Voltage Modular (with several bundles) and Grid in Bitwig. I don't use any of them. So you're right - Softube Modular would fit right in!! :phones: :help:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:17 am
I've got Reaktor 6, Voltage Modular (with several bundles) and Grid in Bitwig. I don't use any of them. So you're right - Softube Modular would fit right in!! :phones: :help:
hahaha, you make me laugh! :tu: :party:
i use reaktor 6 (have bought or received.. 6 block packs, not counting the ones that comes with reaktor 6), voltage modular (with several bundles), softube modular (all modules but one), but not yet, it is now called; the Poly Grid.. o i experimented with it. but had too much problems with bitwig, but it is solved now, i think..

o well! (again o well!)

^^^^^^^^^^^So you guys think softube modular is the best sounding out of the bunch? I'm considering getting system 72 and so it would probably make sense getting modular at the same time, it's on sale right now.

system 72 is different of other moog emu, i have minimonsta / mini V and , i think, system 72 and minimonsta are the best.

I'm loving Model 72 so far. My favorite things about it, other that the sound quality, are the LIMITATIONS oddly enough. I love that it doesn't have effects (other than the doubler) or polyphony. It just really feels like a minimoog. Built in effects can be often be a crutch and I find I'm digging through drenched presets that are hard to sit in a mix. And it just feels right to use Repro-5 for the polyphonic needs. Not everyone's take I'm sure, but just right for me.

antic604 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:17 am
Same here. I have Reaktor 6 (which I never use though, except the official Reaktor instruments), and Voltage Modular...hmm...and Grid in Bitwig (don't use it either though). I had Softube Modular for a while, but found it pretty tough on my CPU, and I didn't have a bad CPU back then. Voltage Modular is much more easy on the CPU, but Softube Modular has some official Eurorack modules that are nice, which Voltage Modular don't have. Softube Modular was really hard to sell though, so the second hand value is not good.

Also, isn't VCV Rack coming out with an official VST plugin "soon"? Could happen next year though. VCV Rack has looooooooooads of modules for free, and some "official" Eurorack modules as well.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

So, demoing this. It sure sounds good. Close to the MiniMoog as i remember it (only had one for a short while tho).

However, just did some a/b-ing with Monark and i actually prefer Monark's slightly more modern sound to Model 72. Plus Monark has some extra tweakability that i prefer (feedback and filter settings in particular). And oh yeah, it helps that i still have a SlimPhatty and SE1-x, so i'm well equipped for Moog type sounds.

I also have Modular, which sounds awesome but i'm not a fan of the workflow. So having Model 72 in Modular is not a must for me.

So i'm passing on this one. But nice work Softube, looking forward to more synths from them.
More BPM please

Did you try it in a mix? That is where to me it stands out to Monark (my previous fav mini moog) and Legend to me.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:02 pm Did you try it in a mix? That is where to me it stands out to Monark (my previous fav mini moog) and Legend to me.
rsp
Yeah, the differences are minute for the type of sounds i'm making with it. Monark with a bit eq (strangely a wide dip around 6000 or so) sounded so close that playing the 2 together resulted in phasing :wink:

Model 72 does some more analog drift tho (without being too obvious like PA synths for example) yet this isn't something i personally strive for. And the filter resonance sounds better in higher ranges, but again, not something i'd use much.

Oh, and try setting Reaktor in a different oversampling mode.
More BPM please

Just saying...

dave

Return to “Instruments”