Call to Action: Charity 2020 (auction ended, $31886 raised)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hopefully so Engee, thanks.

EnGee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 am Thank you greenmind72 :) I think a new team will take over the Charity organization (including the 2nd hand section) :) We of course, the old members, will help with all we can :)
Where would we find the info?

As far as I know, some members contacted Luftrum and he explained to them how to do it. So, I really don't know what happened after that. I also offered my help if anyone wants to do the 2nd hand section but no one contacted me. I really thought someone would start the Charity other than Luftrum. So, sorry, I have no idea whom you should contact.

let me know if you need a sticky and such
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:41 am let me know if you need a sticky and such
Thank you Hink :hug: I appreciate all the help over the years :)

I'll contact Luftrum to come here and clarify as he was the boss 😎

Yes, there was a KVR member reaching out, who would try to run the charity this year, but it was dropped due to some possible tax implications in the platform, sorry.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

thank you for clarifying @Luftrum

No auction this year? Thanks fellas!

Found my answer on a previous message. Thanks @Luftrum for all your hard work. I understand the well deserve break.

Always happy 🙂 to be part of it and help out as much as I can. Thanks again!

I guess there's nothing this year, either. :cry

I guess there will never be such an auction anymore.
The audio / plugin business has changed extremely in the meantime.
The developers don't earn enough money under these circumstances to support this kind of charity.
Sad, but that's reality.

Curious myself.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:05 am I guess there will never be such an auction anymore.
The audio / plugin business has changed extremely in the meantime.
The developers don't earn enough money under these circumstances to support this kind of charity.
Sad, but that's reality.
Excluding a dev's newest product, and assuming a lot of bidders are already well stocked, there are still a lot of great legacy products that might not be on someone's 'must-buy' list, but still receive interest in the auction. These are products perhaps no longer flying off the shelves, and as downloads, they have potential value, as opposed to tangible value of hardware, which would be an inventory loss if donated. Or perhaps a tax write-off.

I also suspect that winners enjoying what they won, might generate a few new sales among
comments made during their internet travels.

It's also been my life experience, that generosity in hard times, is more rewarding
than doing nothing amid normal day-by-day living. In fairness, I have chosen other charities,
so I haven't ever placed a bid in previous years, but did enjoy following the action.

Mi dos centavos

I miss those days😒😒

mlilley2001 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:53 pm I miss those days😒😒
Me too :)

Return to “Instruments”