Cherry Audio DCO-106

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DCO-106 Virtual Polyphonic Synthesizer

I just stumbled upon the ad for the DCO-106 from Cherry Audio. Did a quick search and it seems there is no thread on it, yet.

The GUI looks very nice :) How does it sound compared to the Tal for instance? (I know the Tal is an emulation of the Juno 60, not the 106, but still.) The price is very affordable.

How is that company? I have never heard of them so far...

didn't search very well did you....

viewtopic.php?f=296&t=553344

Ah, I know why, I had limited my search to the Instruments forum :wink:

I think there is more exposure in the Instruments forum, so it might make sense to talk about it here. After all, I suppose they want to sell their stuff :wink:

Have you lived under a rock? Been to space for two years? There has been plenty of action in Cherry Audio's main thread about their modular synth, Voltage Modular.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I don't like modular synths, so as soon as I read 'modular', my mind skips to the next thread...

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:26 pm viewtopic.php?p=7901535#p7901535
A bit out of place in that thread... :wink:

The J3PO Jam on your site sounds excellent, the bass has quite some bottom :)

I think it's not bad, but I prefer the roland cloud version unfortunately. stupid cloud. I also prefer the TAL Uno even though I prefer the real 106 slightly over the 60.

From my comparisons i think the dco 106 sounds a little more "digital" than the tal u no lx. The filter definitely seems a little punchier and i can have the envelope set way "higher" than on the tal u no lx to deliver the same results, if that makes sense. That being said I like them both i think i would prefer to use the dco on like a really punchy bass while I'd prefer the uno on a drifty, lo fi sounding pad. At $25 i basically said since i didn't spend much money on booze last week i might as well pull the trigger. I do appreciate both the on board effects and the wide preset list. I think gui is just a hair better too

Guys stop acting like dicks. e-crooner isnt the only one who isnt looking in the Cherry Audio vendor forum nor is he the only one not expecting to find announcements for non-Modular products in the Modular thread in Instruments. In fact it was suggested in that thread to put links or threads about new stuff in their own threads in Instruments. I never look anywhere but Instruments or Effects unless I have a support question in which case I'll then go to the specific vendor area.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:13 pm Guys stop acting like dicks. e-crooner isnt the only one who isnt looking in the Cherry Audio vendor forum nor is he the only one not expecting to find announcements for non-Modular products in the Modular thread in Instruments. In fact it was suggested in that thread to put links or threads about new stuff in their own threads in Instruments. I never look anywhere but Instruments or Effects unless I have a support question in which case I'll then go to the specific vendor area.
Thank you.
Same here, I consider the company subforums mere support forums.

I agree that there should be a thread in the general instruments forum to get more recognition.

Well... there is one now. :)

It's real good imho. I preferred it to the cloud Roland 106. And it is much cheaper etc.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The one thing holding me off from demoing it is that I have to register to use it... I really can't be arsed to register on yet another site just to try the demo.

Small thing, but, you know, meh...

Return to “Instruments”