Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

It's in Unify; I am trying to make some patches for a Mac user and there's only a VST3 version for Mac. Some of the Firebird banks seem to be crashing more than others. The Mac user also said it was flaky for him.
Last edited by ZincT on Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The crashes are a problem of the plugin-wrapper 'Unify' and not Warlock. I assume that it has problems to handle single-component plugins.
Warlock itself is rock-solid. A massive number of people are using it in various hosts on PC and Mac and we have not received a single crash report during 2 months

Thanks for the reply Markus. It's a fantastic sounding synth so props to you for making it and also at a very reasonable price. :tu:

Are there any plans to release a VST2 version for Mac as the PC VST2 version runs rock solid in Unify and that would solve the problems we are having with the VST3 in Unify.

There are currently no plans for a VST2 version on the Mac. Nearly all hosts support VST3 in these days. An AUv2 or AUv3 version has priority

Love this synth. Feels very nostalgic since Firebird was my first plugin synth 14 years ago. Really wish it gets proper patch handling and a browser. I really have no idea how to save patches to the library even after reading the manual.

fceramic wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:51 am Love this synth. Feels very nostalgic since Firebird was my first plugin synth 14 years ago. Really wish it gets proper patch handling and a browser. I really have no idea how to save patches to the library even after reading the manual.
same here! I can wing it and get by but adds unnecessary complications imo. I love it though. When I think of how it sounds, it has a very rich thick warm feeling in my mind's ear.

I agree. Warlock would really benefit by a browser and a more "modern"/organized way of dealing with patches. Especially when considering Warlock ships with 2700 patches.

Having a play with the demo here. This thing is awesome :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

CRAFTMATIX wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:02 am Warlock would really benefit by a browser and a more "modern"/organized way of dealing with patches. Especially when considering Warlock ships with 2700 patches.
Yes, that certainly would be a very nice "upgrade"!!! Bring it on!!! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:38 pm Anyone finding this can be extremely clicky in mono mode? The usual trick of adjusting the attack doesn't seem to work.
Yes with one voice it does click. It's really noticeable. It seems to be connected to the filter. If I turn the filter off or leave it completely open there are no clicks. I really hope this gets fixed soon...

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 am There are currently no plans for a VST2 version on the Mac. Nearly all hosts support VST3 in these days. An AUv2 or AUv3 version has priority
Hi Markus,

Nooooooo! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I don't just want VST 2 for Mac, I need VST 2 for Mac! My host is VST 2 only (MuLab). I know Jo has been looking at VST 3 support, but I don't think it's on his shortlist for the next version. I can use a wrapper, but I don't like using those as its extra clicks to get to the GUI with extra windows running around.

So, I'm officially adding my request for a Mac VST 2 version of Warlock. I'm sure you can put it on the pile with the other 2 requests. :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

What's happening with Warlock - no discussion,developer do not respond...is it officially released and why no official introduction or something.
I was off few months and trying to catch what's happening in Warlock zone.
Cheers :)

We respond to every mail we get within 24 hours and within 48 hours during the weekend.
The email address for support is here: support[a t]tone2[dot ]com

Please note that we do not have a support forum on kvr.
You can find our support forum here:
https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=41.0

Markus Krause wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am We respond to every mail we get within 24 hours and within 48 hours during the weekend.
The email address for support is here: support[a t]tone2[dot ]com

Please note that we do not have a support forum on kvr.
You can find our support forum here:
https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?board=41.0
This is true in my experience :)! Got a very speedy reply and it looks like there's a good chance for MPE in a future update. Not so good chance for creating your own patterns using the "morse code" (my description) style language.

Return to “Instruments”