Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to build a synth or a musical instrument. There is also to 'right' and 'wrong' way how a song or a patch must sound. If everyone would be doing the same in music, synthesizer-design or sound-design our music would never evolve. Every track would sound the same and new musical genres would never appear.

Music and synthesizer-sounds are art - you can love it or you can hate it - but there is never a 'wrong' way of doing art

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 pm Almost all (fixed architecure ) synths are vco--vcf--vca
And now you found one that isn't. Don't you feel a little smarter now? :party:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:32 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 pm Almost all (fixed architecure ) synths are vco--vcf--vca

You’ re not the smartest dude he ?
Warlock is vco- >vcf->vca!!
Only the other (ignorant) dude tried to prove it wasn’t , I corrected him.
It doesn’t make me feel any better better or smarter👌
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:08 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 pm My ignore list of 'noob people to no debat with 'is getting longer and longer
:)
My list of "geeks who deserve to be ignored" because they would rather use their time to find any tiny perceived flaw in a synth than actually use that synth is getting longer and longer. :)

Me: I only paid $69 dollars for Warlock and it's capable of making some great sounds. I'm going to enjoy it for what it is rather than focus on what it isn't.

Geeks: Look at me Look at me !!! I found a tiny perceived flaw in a synth and now I'm going argue ad nauseam and make screenshots to prove just what a geek I am.... :hyper:

Once again we see where some people only talk about synths while some people actually use them.

So to that end I'm going to go enjoy Warlock some more...... :tu:
In this, we are in total agreement. I wish I could give you two thumbs up for this post.

There are only two things I will ever complain about in regards to any synth.

1. It doesn't work.

2. I can't see it, meaning I can't use it so it's as good as if it doesn't work.

Other than that, if a synth is missing a few things and still sounds good, I'm good. It absolutely drives me nuts when people nit pick about every little thing.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:46 pm
cryophonik wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Lol , warlock is vco- vcf-vca.
You’ re not the smartest dude he ?
I'm referring to the "almost all" part. Lighten up, dude :phones:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Then tell me which synth is not
Vco—>vcf>vca. ( drumsynths don’t count )
Enough bikkering , markus answered my question ,all good !
Never did I say it was a flaw but more of a graphical layout issue because the drive is post amp and should not be located in the filter .
Those that don’t get that, sorry not my problem.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Maybe to get this thread relatively back on topic !!!! Using the 1 finger arp setting it will play the chords in the scale of C major as you press different keys D-Dm, E-Em, F-F etc how do you get it to play in a different key ? You could just tune the osc is there a different way ? The more I play with this I really love the simple one page layout, good work Tone 2
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

The '1 Finger' modes automatically create complex melodies with major or minor chords by pressing only one key. This mode has been desgined for beginners who do not know much about chords. It is always C major / A minor.

To play own chords with any scales set the arp to one of the other modes (Up 1 Ocatve, etc) and hold down a chord.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:24 pm

You can load an infinite number of soundbanks by clicking FILE->load bank (*.t2b)
The current version can auto-load up to 3 soundbanks. This might be raised in the future. It depends on what the customers will request.

Hint: You can automatically load your own sound-bank to Warlock on startup. Place UserA.t2b to "Documents\Tone2\Warlock\" (on PC) or "/Library/Application Support/Tone2/Warlock/" (on Mac) . When you select UserA as a sound-bank in Warlock your own one will be loaded.

Hint: It is possible to rename a patch. First use 'Save patch (.fxp) to save it to your harddisc. Then rename the file with the explorer/finder. Finally import it with 'Load patch (.fxp)' again.

https://www.tone2.com/warlock_help.html
A user can manually load infinte banks but automatically only banks which are named as User A-C.
Therefore this is complete useless.
Every new project needs a bank with a specific name and these are not loaded automatically and are also not saved with a project, only one preset. And that a UserA-C bank must be saved on a C-Drive in order to be loaded automatically is also not normal. Normal would be that banks are loaded where the VSTi is or at a location which I determine.
You have no legal right to tell me where I have to save a bank in order to be loaded on "my" system and I will never save any content on a C-Drive.

Sorry, but this hole preset mangement is a big mess and I will never make use it.

Beside this, Chorus, Flanger and Phaser damping drastically the original sound. Would you say this is intended ?

I already answered to your above comment in detail and made several changes that you requested. Obviously you missed them and also did not read about the changes in the current manual.

I won't do changes because a single user is aggressively requesting the same stuff over and over again. There are also other customers with different demands. And there are technical restrictions. And there is host-compatibility, disc-space useage and performance that we need to deal with.

The chorus frequency response is perfectly flat. There is no damping at all. I have checked it out today and have made measurements.

None except you complained about the sound of the effects. So I must assume that people like them. They will not be changed

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:44 pm

The chorus frequency response is perfectly flat. There is no damping at all. I have checked it out today and have made measurements.
The sound quality as I stated before is OK, but not when using the 3 effects !

Chorus, Flanger and Phaser are damping the original sound and everyone who has bought this VSTi, or trying the demo can test it very easy with simply switching these effects on and off.
I have good ears but did not recognized it up to now because I took care of other things.
I have compared this also with other VSTi I have and there are not that drastic reducings of the original sound when switching one of these effects on and off.
This measurements you might have made are for shure wrong because this phenomen is clearly there and I thought if I post it you could fix this.
Maybe I got a corrupted version, so I have to try the demo to see if this is also there.

Is it possible that you mix up the term 'damping' (this is a reduction of high frequencies) with 'a reduced volume'?

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 pm Is it possible that you mix up the term 'damping' (this is a reduction of high frequencies) with 'a reduced volume'?
Exactly this is the case !

5 minutes ago I have tested the demo and there it's the same.
At least I have no corrupted version.
The 3 effect reducing the loudnes over the hole frequncy range.
You might want to prevent clipping or distortion by reducing the overall loudness when using these effects, but is'nt it too much of reducing ?

The reduction is intended to prevent clipping

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 pm The reduction is intended to prevent clipping
Would it might be possible to offer a dry/wet potie to the effects.
This way a user could adjust the amount of the effects, especially the ones I mentioned.

Return to “Instruments”