Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

Warlock is a beast! Very inspiring and a massive tool for creative self-expression.
Duality without regard to physicality

hey @Markus
or anyone else
is there a date when intro pricing expires?

dave

I can guarantee that the current price will remain till the release. It currently plan early April for this.

thanks Markus
really like it
first vst i bought was Firebird
dave

Bought tx Markus
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I love the idea of this synth and it's implementation! My only thoughts when demoing were that I wish I could create my own rhythmic-patterns and have them show up in the pulldown menu it that graphic language you created. I love that feature! I love the visual immediacy of it. so great! I could wish for more visual feedback in the modulations to zero in on possible tweaking after randomizing. And I do really hope MPE will be in there one day. Personally I could care less about skinning or 3D rendering, especially at the expense of other features. This is a super inspiring synth. It does seem to make a difference when things are more immediate. It's like my brain can switch into present mode and not be so cluttered by mental technical noise. Things seem to be trending toward this approach and I hope it stays on this track! I believe it's possible to get great complexity with an understandable interface.

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:28 am I can guarantee that the current price will remain till the release. It currently plan early April for this.
Does this mean it's already defined that the price will go up after that?
Thanks,
Mario

I still did not decide about the price of the release version. It will be the same or higher.
Whether the price will go up in the future does depend on how the sales of the other Tone2 products behave after the release. €59 for Warlock is really low compared to the other products. If the sales of the other products should drop significantly because of the cheap competition from my own company then I must raise the price of Warlock. If it has a negative effect turnover of the whole company I should make economic decisions. :(

But I want to make as many people as possible happy with this synth - so I'll try to keep the €59

Thanks.

- Mario

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:55 am I still did not decide about the price of the release version. It will be the same or higher.
Whether the price will go up in the future does depend on how the sales of the other Tone2 products behave after the release. €59 for Warlock is really low compared to the other products. If the sales of the other products should drop significantly because of the cheap competition from my own company then I must raise the price of Warlock. If it has a negative effect turnover of the whole company I should make economic decisions. :(

But I want to make as many people as possible happy with this synth - so I'll try to keep the €59
See it as an appetizer for your other synths. If people buy Warlock as an entry into the world of Tone 2 synths, they might find the quality so high that they invest in the higher priced synths like ElectraX etc. (not an option for me, btw, because I already own all Tone 2 Vstis :love: ).

Examigan: thanks a lot for the presets you used :-)

Markus: sorry, I did not realize that this where the demotracks from the competition, so of course you have no insight of the used presets.

But if anyone has a walkthrough or anything to share with warlock presets used n the field of ambient would be really appreciated :-).

This one is so flexible soundwise (like Firebird was) and with so much presets that I am still kind of overwhelmed :-)

Im sry if I didnt read the whole thread, but will there be an AU-version of Warlock?

No, not currently at least
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I'm sure that Warlock would be a huge success for iOS/iPad OS, even at the current price.

But I don't feel tempted if I can't use it in Logic…

EDIT: But I can use it in Logic! The name of the solution is Kushview Element. :tu:
https://kushview.net/product/element-single-download/

The price is 'reasonable': $2.00 :wink:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Been playing with Warlock for several hours trying to trick it out into playing MPE-like using Expression control in Bitwig but it's nowhere near what it could be if MPE were native to it. Really needs to have individual control per finger. There is so much about Warlock that begs for it! Especially all the motion in the sounds could be overlapped and so much more complex and expressive. Please add MPE! I can pretty much guarantee you would sell so many more licenses!! :)

Return to “Instruments”