Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

SamDi wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:25 pm It‘s a shame that a synth, which is generally free and which just allows to honorize the developer additionally with some small amount of money, receives so harsh critics. Instead of being thankful, that one spends so much time, love and passion on his baby and giving the crowd such a great synth, some have nothing better to do in their live as to state, how unperfect it is compared to whatever.

Some get really to the edge of impertinent and I am shure, if one would challenge, what they created successfully in life, there would be not that much. However there should, when the whole life consists of blaming others, how shitty and useless their effort was...
might be better to post your own positive experiences with the synth, than expressing distaste at others views. it only means they return to argue against such comments.

and as funky bot says
some negativity is reasonable, its how you make the criticism that counts.

Igro wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm Vital doesn't remember some of its settings after reopening the GUI :

1) The grid settings in the Modulation section
2) The last selected Modulation envelopes before closing the GUI - it snaps back to ENV1 and LFO1.
I can confirm that here. You should report it at the Vital Forum:

https://forum.vital.audio/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This thing does some very cool formant osc effects, similar to Virus TI Formant Complex osc. That's something i missed in software.

Overall I see why some people may not like the sound, it's far from being the warmest or fattest sounding synth indeed, and the filters are ok-ish at best, but for various edgy digital/metallic sounds it seems to be spot on. Very much like Serum, except that it sounds somewhat softer, which may be a good thing in certain cases.

It's an exremely generous move to realease the full-featured synth for free, I can't think about any other free synth with such a comrehensive feature set.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:32 pm Some really great sounds in here:
https://sellfy.com/yuli-yolo-sound-desi ... for-vital/
Should also be good for learning - the first sound is a pretty fat bass :-)
The YY Sounds are pretty much my favourites in the Vital Plus collection already... :clap:

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks Tom,
I really appreciate!
More to come.
YY
Best
YY

Just a plain starter sine kick preset to mess further with:
http://www.filedropper.com/starterkick

Can you guys do a quick test please ? Select a preset like "Bacon Slaps" from the list, save the project in your Daws of choice and then reload the project.

Does the patch name show as Init Patch instead of Bacon Slaps but the actual patch is recalled ?

Someone else reported this at the Vital forum and I have confirmed in FL Studio, Cakewalk, Reaper, and Orion.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I had reported to Matt after the In The Mix thing that it is not recalling presets name. I believe he confirmed it and said it is on his list.
This was Cubase Mac.
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:45 pm Can you guys do a quick test please ? Select a preset like "Bacon Slaps" from the list, save the project in your Daws of choice and then reload the project.

Does the patch name show as Init Patch instead of Bacon Slaps but the actual patch is recalled ?

Someone else reported this at the Vital forum and I have confirmed in FL Studio, Cakewalk, Reaper, and Orion.
same thing here, in logic pro.

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:49 pm I had reported to Matt after the In The Mix thing that it is not recalling presets name. I believe he confirmed it and said it is on his list.This was Cubase Mac.rsp
He said this three hours ago in response to the report on the Vital forum:
Tytel wrote: Strange I haven’t seen that as an issue (Lots of people are using Vital in large projects so saving/loading is obviously working for them). I’ll have to see why it’s happening to you specifically.
But he might have been responding to the original post that said presets weren't recalling at all not just the name.

I reported that I was experiencing the name issue as well. Probably wouldn't hurt for others to report it in the same thread as well.
fisherKing wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm same thing here, in logic pro.
Ok thanks then it's obviously not OS or DAW related.

recursive one wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:03 pm This thing does some very cool formant osc effects, similar to Virus TI Formant Complex osc. That's something i missed in software.

Overall I see why some people may not like the sound, it's far from being the warmest or fattest sounding synth indeed, and the filters are ok-ish at best, but for various edgy digital/metallic sounds it seems to be spot on. Very much like Serum, except that it sounds somewhat softer, which may be a good thing in certain cases.

It's an exremely generous move to realease the full-featured synth for free, I can't think about any other free synth with such a comrehensive feature set.
Load the default saw, choose Random Amp from the spectral morpher, add dotted 1/8 delay, thank me later :wink:
Always Read the Manual!

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:49 pm I had reported to Matt after the In The Mix thing that it is not recalling presets name. I believe he confirmed it and said it is on his list.This was Cubase Mac.rsp
Tytel wrote: Strange I haven’t seen that as an issue (Lots of people are using Vital in large projects so saving/loading is obviously working for them). I’ll have to see why it’s happening to you specifically.
But he might have been responding to the original post that said presets weren't recalling at all not just the name.

I reported that I was experiencing the name issue as well. Probably wouldn't hurt for others to report it in the same thread as well.
interesting: the preset window shows 'init preset', but above that, the logic window top bar does show the preset name...

PieBerger wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:01 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:03 pm This thing does some very cool formant osc effects, similar to Virus TI Formant Complex osc. That's something i missed in software.

Load the default saw, choose Random Amp from the spectral morpher, add dotted 1/8 delay, thank me later :wink:
:tu:
And S&H to modulate the morph amount.
Very cool sound indeed
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Indeed.... and maybe he is a bit overwhelmed currently.
rsp
sound sculptist

I report it too, the preset is recall correctly but not the name.
Hopefully, the preset sound the same!
Cubase win10.
Best
YY

Spent a ton of time with Vital last night, barely got sleep.

My new fav synth by miles...
what I can do with one patch would make haters hate themselves even M :evil: RE

My only suggestions thus far to make it even more psuperydupery:

1. Random function similar to Lion
2. Drag Controls to macro. And one day drag controls to matrix.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Instruments”