360 posts since 12 Mar, 2013 from Russia, Vladivostok

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:02 am

clipnotic wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:08 am
Kott wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 am
PieBerger wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:49 am
Indeed, it's working great at my end, quite useable even at 4x oversampling, especially considering all of the audio rate and flashy GUI stuff it has going on.
On my hardware it always eats 100% of 1 core with init patch
Which hardware are you using?

I'm using Win10 on a nearly one year old Predator laptop with Core i7, NVIDIA 1060 and 16 GB Ram and I daily work intensively with Vital and without your problems and also with oversampling 2-4 ...
Linux Ryzen 3100 GeForce GTX 970

KVRAF
4362 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:51 am

I see there is are talks regrading the Vital skins ... but where the skins are?

KVRAF
9941 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:55 am

They are only available for Pro and Subscription licensees.

They are in your account on the website, AND when you start up Vital (I assume you need to have check updates on), it offers to download and install it for you.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:05 am

Thanks. I'm a Plus user. I guess plus users have to wait for some freely available skins.

KVRist
66 posts since 14 Sep, 2020

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:51 am

Kott wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:51 pm
fisherKing wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:39 pm
about the cpu, altho no problem here
it can be said that those with abnormal CPU consumption just are out of luck, but we are not playing the lottery here:)
tried 48 instance of vital on my 8 year old pc with unsupported os, had about 65% cpu usage.

seem like most with problems have laptop and/or onboard graphics?

KVRist

Topic Starter

168 posts since 28 Jan, 2013 from Oakland

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:16 am

garryO wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:51 am
Kott wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
it can be said that those with abnormal CPU consumption just are out of luck, but we are not playing the lottery here:)
tried 48 instance of vital on my 8 year old pc with unsupported os, had about 65% cpu usage.

There are a few different issues that cause Vital to use a lot of CPU but only with certain systems. I'm looking into each one but they're a bit hard to track down without access to a machine that has the issue. I think the above issue was linux + opengl drawing too much and maxing out a core. It's on my list to look into.

KVRian
1459 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 am

mtytel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:16 am
garryO wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:51 am
Kott wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

There are a few different issues that cause Vital to use a lot of CPU but only with certain systems. I'm looking into each one but they're a bit hard to track down without access to a machine that has the issue. I think the above issue was linux + opengl drawing too much and maxing out a core. It's on my list to look into.
on my systems; a surprisingly low CPU, even with 'audiorate' warping of wavetables (try do that in serum without rocket-launch your CPU, i don't have serum, but vast dynamics vaporizer2, but they are in the same league.). by the way, i mentioned this before, i like the own character of vital. the comparison to serum i don't get, it has another way of working, as vast dynamics vaporizer2. which i also like.

laptop: i7-9750H, 16gb, nvidia gtx 1050 4gb. windows home 10 20H2. all up-to-date
desktop: i7-6700K (@4.4), 32gb, nvidia gtx 1060 6gb, windows pro 10 20H2. all up to date. (self-built)

hope this helps.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

KVRist
154 posts since 11 Dec, 2018

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:46 am

mtytel wrote:
I think it would be helpful if there was a setting to reduce gui refresh rate, like in the latest Hive beta.

KVRer
27 posts since 22 Sep, 2019

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 am

mtytel wrote:
I've been having issues on Linux as well. With the GUI open, it takes almost 200% CPU (two full cores), and even with the GUI closed, it idles at 40%. I get lots of xruns as well when I play heavier patches. I have a 2018 Dell XPS13 with a 4 core Intel CPU and and Intel graphics.

KVRAF
14858 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Saw this over at the Vital forums.....Alt Right Click on the Hamburger Icon gets you to the Skin Designer.

So far all I've been able to make is one seriously ugly skin........ :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRer
3 posts since 3 Jan, 2021

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:18 pm
Saw this over at the Vital forums.....Alt Right Click on the Hamburger Icon gets you to the Skin Designer.

So far all I've been able to make is one seriously ugly skin........ :lol:
Huh! thanks for this! I have been wanting to make Vital darker on a few part of the macro button. Apparently we can load skin too!

KVRAF

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:40 pm

Skins can be loaded via advanced settings too.

KVRAF
5681 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 am

Gave it a first shot for a warmer look:
VitalSkinTomOrange.jpg
Download it here: Toms Orange Vital Skin

First iteration, not finetuned yet...

Unzip it before use ;-)

I did put it in my Vital "User" folder in a new sub-folder "Skins" and it showed up in the GUI...

Cheers,

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

KVRist
244 posts since 17 Feb, 2014

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:07 am

The last 1.06 and 1.07 update are pure marketing updates in order to get more sales for the Pro version. It's essentially complete useless.
There are no basic improvements.

Improvements would be better filters:
If the filters and resonances goes beyond "64" you are getting more and more a plastic-metallic character. Up to "64" the filters are not that bad.
Improvements would also be better Envelope and LFO implementations with single trigger in poly-mode, which all good VSTis have. In my view the best implementation of a Envelope/LFO/MSEG has Harmor. He should have a look at it to this. If the dev don't know how to implement single trigger in Ply-mode he should look at Surge. Its Scene-LFOs have single trigeer in ploy-mode and he could also see the code because its open source.
Imprevements would also be less CPU usage of effects:
8 weeks ago I compared the CPU usage of effects between Vital and Serum, Hive and Zebra and Vital uses much more CPU in Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Compressor and reverb as the others.

Simple new features would be for example possible in the Sampler module. Especially sample start point adjustments.

And what did this dev up to now ? Nothing in this feelds !
He could offer improvements AND Gui fixes or other fixes.

Finally I come to the conclusion that this dev only want to make fast money and then say "Good bye" !!!

KVRAF
14858 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:10 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 am
Gave it a first shot for a warmer look:
Oooh that's very nice. Well done, thanks for sharing. Much better than the hideous skin I managed to do. :tu:

The only issue I can see is that you don't get the same visual feedback from having different colored different modulation circles.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”