Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

rubez wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm
DJErmac wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:36 pm Anyone interested in third party soundsets?
Sure ! If it's not only pads (millions and millions available everywhere, who makes successful pad music anyway ? that's the thing people hear for 10 seconds in the background) and arpeggiated stuff (unusable in real life) ! :tu:
I'm all about the pads first and foremost, especially on a wavetable synth which is all about movement. These pads tends to be much more than your analog vintage affair though.

Touch The Universe sound set is 38 basses versus 12 pads... wtf. How does anyone need 38 basses?

Any good pad soundsets someone let know me I bought the Polychrome set and bought the Pro Vital.
I can focus on pads next soundset, or a more even balanced across categories. There is no shortage of sound design ideas on this synth. It is really an exceptional synth release imo, on par with serum and beyond.

I narrowed the best sounds out of 400. I originally intended a 64-80 patch count release, but decided to include all the best I had. It is a new synth, untested, so I have to be careful where and when to spend my time sound designing, ya know.
But it bodes, well, awesome soundscapes, sq, and cool voice stuff coming soon for next release.

Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Just wanted to say, thanks for all your support guys! Hope you are digging the presets. This is an awesome synth! Surprised, came out of nowhere, really, but its on my short list of awesome synths!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:28 am I can focus on pads next soundset, or a more even balanced across categories. There is no shortage of sound design ideas on this synth. It is really an exceptional synth release imo, on par with serum and beyond.

I narrowed the best sounds out of 400. I originally intended a 64-80 patch count release, but decided to include all the best I had. It is a new synth, untested, so I have to be careful where and when to spend my time sound designing, ya know.
But it bodes, well, awesome soundscapes, sq, and cool voice stuff coming soon for next release.

Cheers
You made 400 sounds for Vital? Why not release them all? After all one mans trash is another mans treasure. Maybe there are some diamonds in the rough......

I would be all in for more pads and sounds.

Is the next soundset yet to be designed, or are they coming from the aforementioned 400 sounds? (ones left on the cutting floor)

rubez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:43 pm You made 400 sounds for Vital? Why not release them all? After all one mans trash is another mans treasure. Maybe there are some diamonds in the rough......
I for one prefer not to keep my treasure in a pile of trash.

Good for you but what constitutes trash was my point that you missed.

People have different opinions and unless everyone thinks every preset in the Touch The Universe soundset was good then they have a different opinion to the author which means there could be patches left on the cutting floor that they would enjoy.

I'll remind everybody of the free monthly patch contributions at the Vital forums:

https://forum.vital.audio/t/july-2021-f ... ead/7316/7
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Awesome! Downloaded all the banks and already found some crackers!!

Why do a lot of patches, even factory ones, go into the red? I think this is what is causing my crackling problem.

any news on Apple Silicon support?

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm any news on Apple Silicon support?
Not around the official forum, and last time I entered the Discord server they got rid of the automated build info channel and other interesting updates/betas channels so looks like we are just bound to waiting... I'm now thinking it may come in the next "big" feature update, with new things and whatnot. I guess it's too much work to make a building pipeline and another branch just with the Apple Silicon commits there to build a new version without including new changes yet?

Hollywood has been on silicon support for many years now....

Apple are way behind the curve :wink:
No auto tune...

Jorgeelalto wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:39 am
Not around the official forum, and last time I entered the Discord server they got rid of the automated build info channel and other interesting updates/betas channels so looks like we are just bound to waiting... I'm now thinking it may come in the next "big" feature update, with new things and whatnot. I guess it's too much work to make a building pipeline and another branch just with the Apple Silicon commits there to build a new version without including new changes yet?
Thanks! Appreciate the info.

Few more months and the 16" MBP should be out and Vital is one of the vst synths that matters to me whether/when it will be native.

rubez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm Why do a lot of patches, even factory ones, go into the red? I think this is what is causing my crackling problem.
It's possible whoever created the patches had a different mixer setting in their DAW than you have in yours.

If different patches from the same designer vary wildly in volume then that's a lack of level matching on their part.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:22 pm
rubez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm Why do a lot of patches, even factory ones, go into the red? I think this is what is causing my crackling problem.
It's possible whoever created the patches had a different mixer setting in their DAW than you have in yours.

If different patches from the same designer vary wildly in volume then that's a lack of level matching on their part.
This is why I wish every instrument had a lock feature for the master out. For my tastes, the vast majority of synths have patches that are too loud. And any free patches you download are such a mixed bag. I feel like the top synths and sound designers leave ample headroom, but some take a "f*ck it, let's get as close to zero as we can and into the red is ok too" approach that I can't stand. A master volume lock allows users to pad the volume down. In very rare instances, it may make the odd patch louder, but for the vast majority of presets/synths, it's a Godsend for padding down synths.

Now that my mini-rant is over, the next best thing to do is just throw a Gain plugin after Vital and pad the output down 6 to 12 dbs or whatever your desired target is.

rubez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm Awesome! Downloaded all the banks and already found some crackers!!

Why do a lot of patches, even factory ones, go into the red? I think this is what is causing my crackling problem.
Possibly made by amateurs?? :hihi: Professional sound designers should keep a lower level for patches, especially when playing polyphonic. -6 DB is a good level to aim for. :tu:

rubez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm Awesome! Downloaded all the banks and already found some crackers!!

don´t think crackling noise has to do with red zone. you need more than +6dB to make Vital clip. there is a video on yt someone made about this, explaining alot of stuff but i can´t find it anymore.
anyways if i try this with an oscilloscope, i have to go completly red and then another step to reach clipping point.

still -6db is probably best in most cases. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”