Pianoteq 7

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
32369 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Have they? It says in the shop which ones are compatible with older versions so I would have thought that would mean they had not been updated unless they come in 2 versions? So for example the Bluethner says 'Requires Pianoteq 4.2 or higher' whereas the Ant Petroff is 'Requires Pianoteq 6.3 or higher'.

KVRAF
1803 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:58 pm

tq wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 am
I already have the e-piano/Hohner expansions, so talking about:
Harp, Celeste, Xylos, Steel, Vibes.
I have the Steel Drums, which comes with models of handpan, spacedrum, tank drum as well. They modeled the blooming very well and there's a preset in the Electrics called MK I Blooming Grit that implements it.

KVRAF
1600 posts since 19 Apr, 2003 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Steingraber is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

KVRAF
1600 posts since 19 Apr, 2003 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Sorry, I mean
Bechstein is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

KVRAF
4812 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:13 pm

aMUSEd wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:16 pm
Have they? It says in the shop which ones are compatible with older versions so I would have thought that would mean they had not been updated unless they come in 2 versions? So for example the Bluethner says 'Requires Pianoteq 4.2 or higher' whereas the Ant Petroff is 'Requires Pianoteq 6.3 or higher'.
Means you won't have the option for that particular expansion running a lower Pianoteq version. If you just started now, I don't think there is any advantage to running lower versions. PT6 and PT7 have individual .dll to facilitate backwards compatibility with existing projects but PT5 and lower will be erased by PT6, especially those KiVir files which get overwritten by the never versions.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

User avatar
KVRAF
5720 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:25 pm

EvilDragon wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:04 pm
BTW all of the models have been updated.
indeed, the differences are rather subtle at first listen, ...but after all i'm really impressed, tremendeous addition in realism !

:love:

KVRAF
2693 posts since 22 Mar, 2006 from cornwall

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Have the Electric Pianos been updated as well as the acoustics?

User avatar
KVRAF
5720 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:43 pm

dickiefunk wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 pm
Have the Electric Pianos been updated as well as the acoustics?
as far as i could judge, all addons seems to have benefit of the upgraded model...i suggest you to play the demo with headphones, i'll notice (as i did) the renewed precision of stereo locations of each notes for all addons, ...for instance !

User avatar
KVRAF
32369 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:19 am

olepro wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:54 pm
Sorry, I mean
Bechstein is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
Yeah I'm finding it hard to choose between the Steingraeber and Bechstein after the Bluethner

KVRAF
4851 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:44 am

olepro wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 pm
Steingraber is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
Me too :tu:

KVRAF
1600 posts since 19 Apr, 2003 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:57 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:44 am
olepro wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 pm
Steingraber is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
Me too :tu:
That's ok, even I ment Bechstein when I rote Steingraber :)
But then again, I love Pianoteq in general
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

User avatar
KVRist
184 posts since 23 Apr, 2006 from Berlin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:53 am

The Bluthner is clearly the best :D

User avatar
KVRian
629 posts since 29 Nov, 2002 from Finland

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:52 am

It’s very subjective and context-dependent, but many times I have ended up going with the Blüthner. :D

User avatar
KVRAF
2133 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 am

Captain wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:52 am
It’s very subjective and context-dependent, but many times I have ended up going with the Blüthner. :D
To me it's the most different sounding of the modern grands offered by Pianoteq.

KVRAF
2693 posts since 22 Mar, 2006 from cornwall

Post Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:20 pm

Krakatau wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:43 pm
dickiefunk wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 pm
Have the Electric Pianos been updated as well as the acoustics?
as far as i could judge, all addons seems to have benefit of the upgraded model...i suggest you to play the demo with headphones, i'll notice (as i did) the renewed precision of stereo locations of each notes for all addons, ...for instance !
Yes the addons do seem to have been improved as well. Bought the V7 update :tu:

Return to “Instruments”