Pianoteq 7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have they? It says in the shop which ones are compatible with older versions so I would have thought that would mean they had not been updated unless they come in 2 versions? So for example the Bluethner says 'Requires Pianoteq 4.2 or higher' whereas the Ant Petroff is 'Requires Pianoteq 6.3 or higher'.

tq wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:06 pm I already have the e-piano/Hohner expansions, so talking about:
Harp, Celeste, Xylos, Steel, Vibes.
I have the Steel Drums, which comes with models of handpan, spacedrum, tank drum as well. They modeled the blooming very well and there's a preset in the Electrics called MK I Blooming Grit that implements it.

Steingraber is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Sorry, I mean
Bechstein is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:16 pm Have they? It says in the shop which ones are compatible with older versions so I would have thought that would mean they had not been updated unless they come in 2 versions? So for example the Bluethner says 'Requires Pianoteq 4.2 or higher' whereas the Ant Petroff is 'Requires Pianoteq 6.3 or higher'.
Means you won't have the option for that particular expansion running a lower Pianoteq version. If you just started now, I don't think there is any advantage to running lower versions. PT6 and PT7 have individual .dll to facilitate backwards compatibility with existing projects but PT5 and lower will be erased by PT6, especially those KiVir files which get overwritten by the never versions.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:04 pm BTW all of the models have been updated.
indeed, the differences are rather subtle at first listen, ...but after all i'm really impressed, tremendeous addition in realism !

:love:

Have the Electric Pianos been updated as well as the acoustics?

dickiefunk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 am Have the Electric Pianos been updated as well as the acoustics?
as far as i could judge, all addons seems to have benefit of the upgraded model...i suggest you to play the demo with headphones, i'll notice (as i did) the renewed precision of stereo locations of each notes for all addons, ...for instance !

olepro wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:54 am Sorry, I mean
Bechstein is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
Yeah I'm finding it hard to choose between the Steingraeber and Bechstein after the Bluethner

olepro wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:53 am Steingraber is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
Me too :tu:

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:44 am
olepro wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:53 am Steingraber is the Piano I like the most in Pianoteq
Me too :tu:
That's ok, even I ment Bechstein when I rote Steingraber :)
But then again, I love Pianoteq in general
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

The Bluthner is clearly the best :D

It’s very subjective and context-dependent, but many times I have ended up going with the Blüthner. :D

Captain wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:52 pm It’s very subjective and context-dependent, but many times I have ended up going with the Blüthner. :D
To me it's the most different sounding of the modern grands offered by Pianoteq.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Krakatau wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:43 am
dickiefunk wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 am Have the Electric Pianos been updated as well as the acoustics?
as far as i could judge, all addons seems to have benefit of the upgraded model...i suggest you to play the demo with headphones, i'll notice (as i did) the renewed precision of stereo locations of each notes for all addons, ...for instance !
Yes the addons do seem to have been improved as well. Bought the V7 update :tu:

Return to “Instruments”