Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Is Roli discontinuing the Seaboard Rise products? They have been out of stock for a few months. I am not interested in their new little blinky light controller.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:21 am Is Roli discontinuing the Seaboard Rise products? They have been out of stock for a few months. I am not interested in their new little blinky light controller.
I am just processing same thing. Seems like with Roli there is something fishy happening in the background. I was interested in Roli products a month ago and then I started browsing.

You will find really a lot of speculations like financial problems, angry people with no response on their ticket, product delays, shipment delays, kickstarter issues, youtube videos and so on. I wouldn't mind "internet" speculations, usually a lot of them.

However I am seeing a pattern there, like in a lot of places seemingly legit people express their disappointments.

My point is: there is so much of noise to be ignored at.

I decided to pass on Roli products.

Note that I may be wrong on this one, but in my experience where there's so much smoke then something is not right.

Regards

kmonkey wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 am
Gribs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:21 am Is Roli discontinuing the Seaboard Rise products? They have been out of stock for a few months. I am not interested in their new little blinky light controller.
I am just processing same thing. Seems like with Roli there is something fishy happening in the background. I was interested in Roli products a month ago and then I started browsing.
Also so many sales for the software but none for the Rise or Blocks product lines for some time.

kmonkey wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 am

You will find really a lot of speculations like financial problems, angry people with no response on their ticket, product delays, shipment delays, kickstarter issues, youtube videos and so on. I wouldn't mind "internet" speculations, usually a lot of them.

However I am seeing a pattern there, like in a lot of places seemingly legit people express their disappointments.

My point is: there is so much of noise to be ignored at.

I decided to pass on Roli products.

Note that I may be wrong on this one, but in my experience where there's so much smoke then something is not right.

Regards
it is indeed strange. i got lucky last year, that there was a batch of seabord block's, via via, a local music store (internet..), problably a batch of returned, or whatever seabord block's, although they were sold as new, mine looked new, very new, but was registered. that was solved via the store.

but after that, sometimes, b-stock. now, nothing.

roli has problems, that is correct. why there are no blocks, or rise controllers at this moment?

the lumi i see isn't also in stock... indeed they are promoting their software more and more, perhaps to have some income... or there is something in the production line..

for me personal, seabord block + 2 lightpad M blocks (last 2 second hand, nice prices, people buy them, and loose interest... mint condition), no problems.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:37 pm They were finally able to confirm the looping note cutoff issue in Bitwig after I sent a simple project, so hopefully there will be a fix there. I also requested custom folders for samples. It kind of ruins the cool index modulation when all user samples are forced to go in the same "uncategorized" folder.
I hate that I sent that in and confirmed it with Roli support months ago. Makes me wonder about their database, or the lack of one for bugs, that they obviously don’t have at tech support....
I know. The support person was telling me that they couldn't reproduce the issue and I even told them that someone else had already confirmed it with Roli so they must have a record of it, but he could not reproduce the issue and asked for a project file. So I finally sent him one with just a single clip playing a default patch and then he saw what I meant. He said he reported it to the devs but it does worry me that they already should have known and he should have been able to see if that bug was logged. We had like 10 messages back and forth where I was trying to explain ohw to reproduce it before I sent the project package.

I hope it's not like the cypher modulation bug. Actually something I hope they improve which is even more important is actually being able to set folders for user samples, or even just recognize folders made in windows, which it can't. So the sample index modulation is useless if you keep adding samples to the same "uncategorized" folder, you just can't use that.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:25 pm
machinesworking wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:37 pm They were finally able to confirm the looping note cutoff issue in Bitwig after I sent a simple project, so hopefully there will be a fix there. I also requested custom folders for samples. It kind of ruins the cool index modulation when all user samples are forced to go in the same "uncategorized" folder.
I hate that I sent that in and confirmed it with Roli support months ago. Makes me wonder about their database, or the lack of one for bugs, that they obviously don’t have at tech support....
I know. The support person was telling me that they couldn't reproduce the issue and I even told them that someone else had already confirmed it with Roli so they must have a record of it, but he could not reproduce the issue and asked for a project file. So I finally sent him one with just a single clip playing a default patch and then he saw what I meant. He said he reported it to the devs but it does worry me that they already should have known and he should have been able to see if that bug was logged. We had like 10 messages back and forth where I was trying to explain ohw to reproduce it before I sent the project package.

I hope it's not like the cypher modulation bug. Actually something I hope they improve which is even more important is actually being able to set folders for user samples, or even just recognize folders made in windows, which it can't. So the sample index modulation is useless if you keep adding samples to the same "uncategorized" folder, you just can't use that.
I really love Cypher and Equator, I really don't like the fact that bugs seem to be addressed at a continental drift level by Roli/FXPansion. I wish that wasn't the case.

Based on what I am reading after my last post I will be happy to see Roli and Fxpansion come out of whatever is happening solvent and healthy companies.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

This is a brilliant update. Thank you, ROLI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5VwDdrREs

Yay preset switching, thanks Roli!
Dirk

Not going to waste more time on that video that adds nothing to the text ffs.

"Equator2 v2.1.0

New Preferences submenu
Zoom in/out with Ctrl or Cmd -/+
Add Up/Down arrow keys to change preset in the browser
Added 360 more presets to the Equator1 Legacy Library installer
Double Click on parameter label to type exact value
Right Click on a Sound Source, Modulation Source or Effect to copy and paste settings and modulation assignments
Improve loading of longer samples, and user samples
Improved messaging with missing and broken samples
Improved setting custom sample Root Note and Name
Onscreen keys now light up when played with animations off
Preset switching from RISE preset switch button (incompatible with VST3 Plugins)
Expand a source when engine type is changed
Add UI left/right arrow to Sample/Wavetable selection
Escape/Enter keys now work for Cancel/OK (DAW dependent)
Mod List entry is highlighted on Mouse-over
Add Wet/Dry control to Filter Effect
New Utility Gain/Pan Effect
Global FX by-pass button
Double Click on Preset in the Browser
Multi-Mod editing behaviour now saved as part of presets
Added assignment indicator to 5D sources
Snap to the horizontal line of 5D graphs using Shift key
Added variance in Multi-Mod Grid line thickness
Several minor UI improvements
Bugs Fixes"

Still can't store samples on a secondary hard drive, so I still can't use this thing I paid for only because I was assured this would be added soon.

How about creating some space on your C drive for Equator2/1 samples? Not saying you would have not thought about it, but there's usually a lot of clutter on C drive that could be freed up.

Nice!
The update also fixed sfz import where embedded loop points were not always working. No need to write loop start and end into the sfz file anymore :tu:.

Together with double click to enter values and the assignment indicators for 5D curves that’s 3 areas where EQ2 lagged behind EQ1 features off the list. I think the last one missing is the 3 custom CC macro knobs we could define in EQ1.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:33 pm How about creating some space on your C drive for Equator2/1 samples? Not saying you would have not thought about it, but there's usually a lot of clutter on C drive that could be freed up.
ROLI themselves are absolute masters in the art of cluttering up your C drive. Maybe it partially is because I bought in so long ago and also took part in Connect and Studio betas from the start, but their files are all over the place on my computer. I mean really hardcore hoarder-style over the place.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:33 pm How about creating some space on your C drive for Equator2/1 samples? Not saying you would have not thought about it, but there's usually a lot of clutter on C drive that could be freed up.
Yes, I've gone in with WinDirStat and scoured my C drive. Also uninstalled lots of programs from C and reinstalled them on the secondary hard drive, no major issues so far even though it's not SSD. Though if I can safely move the Roli rpkg files for Roli Studio that would free up 5 gb.

Did you see the directory Appdata/roaming/ROLI/ROLI Connect/downloads? I just looked and saw a whopping 14.5 GB worth of files in there. Pretty sure those can be safely deleted?

Edit: ah, I figured you probably mean the same files
Last edited by gofer on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”