Arturia Black Friday 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is it worth waiting for V9 then? or buy upgrade v7 to v8 at 99 and waiting for a sale to get the SQ80V?
thanks
waltercruz wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:23 am
Sergievsky wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:16 am Upgrading from 7 to 8, is SQ80v included? I can’t see it written anywhere.
SQ80v is a preview of V9 (as OB-Xa was a preview of V8), so it's not included on V8. There was a sale of V8 Upgrade + SQ80v for 149 in September.

twisted-space wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:54 pm
You're actually getting it cheaper than US customers, then your government is adding VAT.
That is true. Very often when I see euro people and others complaining about prices, they seem to be ignorant to the fact that their price often includes VAT, which makes the product about 1/5 more expensive. They can thank their govts for their price.

And sometimes when prices are shown to US people, the price does not include US tax, though in this particular case, Arturia didn't charge any extra US tax for me.

Psyclapse wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:39 am
Sindikhate wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:31 am This whole same price in dollars and euros is really annoying at this point.
Today's ... 99.00 US Dollars = 87.450537 Euros
The difference hurts more of course the higher the price. Wanna buy a spitfire bundle at 700 euros ? In the US they pay 700 bucks (618 euros).
The difference is due to the tax laws in Europe forcing software vendors to charge VAT if the customer lives in the EU/UK.
This is not happening always and not for all vendors (not the European shops that include VAT on the price already, and they lose the 1-3 % difference from their own pocket depending on the country, if we assume that they actually do pay the VAT to those countries)
Use a VPN and try it for yourself. The sad part is that some companies allow you to download the product only from the country you have said you are from.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:24 pm
twisted-space wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:54 pm
You're actually getting it cheaper than US customers, then your government is adding VAT.
That is true. Very often when I see euro people and others complaining about prices, they seem to be ignorant to the fact that their price often includes VAT, which makes the product about 1/5 more expensive. They can thank their govts for their price.

And sometimes when prices are shown to US people, the price does not include US tax, though in this particular case, Arturia didn't charge any extra US tax for me.

That is not 100% true. It happens SOME times when the vendor is usually not from the EU. But even then not always.

As you noticed in your case with Arturia the VAT is inlcuded. Same for most companies in Europe.

The ones that do not include VAT for US customers also do not include VAT for EU too.

Keepforest for example that are from Belarus do not include VAT for anyone in the price, Reveal Sound the same.

Spitfire on the other hand do not change the price you pay in the end. But their $ and eu price is the same. https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en ... rged-this-
Cinesamples charges VAT on top of the price you see on their website. They do convert USD to EUR though. While Spitfire does 1EUR = 1USD and a lower price for GBP but tax is included. They used to show the prices for all 3 on their product pages now they only show the price applicable to you.
There should be one rule for all to be fair with the total price you have to pay.

So my initial moan-whine-rant is valid.
Last edited by Sindikhate on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

. delete

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:38 pm
Sindikhate wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:31 am This whole same price in dollars and euros is really annoying at this point.
The difference hurts more of course the higher the price. Wanna buy a spitfire bundle at 700 euros ? In the US they pay 700 bucks (618 euros).
The difference is due to the tax laws in Europe forcing software vendors to charge VAT if the customer lives in the EU/UK.
This is not happening always and not for all vendors (not the European shops that include VAT on the price already, and they lose the 1-3 % difference from their own pocket depending on the country, if we assume that they actually do pay the VAT to those countries)
Use a VPN and try it for yourself. The sad part is that some companies allow you to download the product only from the country you have said you are from.
I was talking about legitimate sellers, such as Arturia. There are always people who go illegal. Even US sellers of VAT applicable goods are obliged by European law to add VAT and to send it to the buyer's home country. Some US sellers don't, but that's not lawful. Some buyers bypass the law via VPN, that's not lawful either. Some download software for free from pirates, that's not lawful either.

I got the $199 offer for v8 Collection, but I'm on the fence. I really hate their GUIs - why tf do they try to make it look like the physical machine and waste all that space that could be better used for larger knobs and sliders and readable fonts on the labels? Someone should inform them that the GUIs aren't fooling anybody into thinking that the physical version of the synth is sitting there in front of us, so maybe they could consider optimizing them for computer screens and make better use of that real estate. Yes, I know that the GUIs are now scalable, but that means the wasted space takes up more of my FOV.

Also, I did a quick search and can't find any information on the keyboards on the GUI that I have no use for - is it possible to hide/show them? I do like that they include NKS versions (the biggest selling point to me, personally), but I also feel like I'll only ever end up using a few of them in my productions because the synth emulations all seem to have a sorta vanilla and same-ish sound to them.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

^ Doesn’t sound like your on the fence at all………

SHall1000 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:43 pm ^ Doesn’t sound like your on the fence at all………
Yeah, probably not :lol:

I've always *wanted* to like them, but whenever I get a little excited by a good deal on them, I just can't get past their poor GUIs (not to mention that I already have a ton of software and hardware synths).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Psyclapse wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:29 pm
Sindikhate wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:38 pm
I was talking about legitimate sellers, such as Arturia. There are always people who go illegal. Even US sellers of VAT applicable goods are obliged by European law to add VAT and to send it to the buyer's home country. Some US sellers don't, but that's not lawful. Some buyers bypass the law via VPN, that's not lawful either. Some download software for free from pirates, that's not lawful either.
True and true and true!
But when they do not do the conversion and for the same product you can pay a totally different amount is not fun at all.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 pm I got the $199 offer for v8 Collection, but I'm on the fence. I really hate their GUIs - why tf do they try to make it look like the physical machine and waste all that space that could be better used for larger knobs and sliders and readable fonts on the labels? Someone should inform them that the GUIs aren't fooling anybody into thinking that the physical version of the synth is sitting there in front of us, so maybe they could consider optimizing them for computer screens and make better use of that real estate. Yes, I know that the GUIs are now scalable, but that means the wasted space takes up more of my FOV.

Also, I did a quick search and can't find any information on the keyboards on the GUI that I have no use for - is it possible to hide/show them?
No.
Most of them have an Advanced or Screen button (depending whichever plugin it is) at the upper-right button to show/hide additional controls, but the keyboard is always there. The SQ80 V is slightly different as it has buttons for Hardware, Synthesis and Effects.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:57 pm I just can't get past their poor GUIs (not to mention that I already have a ton of software and hardware synths).
I guess it's a matter of taste, because I quite like their GUI's. They're sharp, detailed and I can make them super sized on my monitors. I rarely even bother buying any software anymore if it's not resizable. Arturia makes recreations of old hardware for the most part and I want my GUI's to look like the hardware.

This collection is probably not for you then, since you have so many doubts.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 pm why tf do they try to make it look like the physical machine
Because many people want emulations to look like the physical machines they are emulating ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 pm I got the $199 offer for v8 Collection, but I'm on the fence. I really hate their GUIs - why tf do they try to make it look like the physical machine and waste all that space that could be better used for larger knobs and sliders and readable fonts on the labels?
I am honestly glad they did that with Easel V, just because patching it is very different from Eurorack or anything else and the visual design does seem to communicate some things about the instrument design. Though a switch to hide the "218" or at least its keyboard, might have been nice.

Anyway... I'm sure $199 for the whole collection is a great price but I really am not looking to fill my hard drive with more synths. 50% off of Jup-8 or SEM might have tempted me. So maybe I should be glad they didn't do that? :hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:36 pm
cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 pm why tf do they try to make it look like the physical machine
Because many people want emulations to look like the physical machines they are emulating ?
He clearly wants them to look like airwindows plugins because that would make it far easier for him to use! :party:

Return to “Instruments”