SynthMaster v2.9.9 RC (Rev 10237) released: NOT a minor update though! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kv331 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:50 am
Xbucket wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 am got some question... sometimes i got the problem when using 2 osc or maybe a mod for an osc the octave thing seems to be out of tune and instead i have to use 11 semitones in the coarse tune. anybody else noticed this? or is something fault on my side?
Try using mouse scroll wheel to edit the coarse tune parameter. or if editing with mouse, press shift key for precise editing.
Thanks! Mouse Scrollwheel works. Any chance to get this with snapping? i mean with alt or ctrl... if one has no mouse at hand.

Xbucket wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:14 am Thanks! Mouse Scrollwheel works. Any chance to get this with snapping? i mean with alt or ctrl... if one has no mouse at hand.
Good suggestion! I guess ctrl-click is reserved for setting a control to its default, but alt-click would definitely work! in the next build! EDIT: Done!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:16 pm Hi guys,

I've been away from the forum for quite some time now. Those of you following me from our facebook users group already knew that I've been busy with SynthMaster v2.9.9 (Free) update. Some of you might be asking, why another update instead of v3.0 ? My answer is: The entire engine/UI architecture had to be redesigned to allow for things like dynamic modules (effects, layers, mod matrix entries, etc), dialogs, etc etc. I also had to merge all of the new features I added in SM1 to SM2, before starting fresh work for SM3. But all is finished now, and now I'm fully dedicated (oh yeah finally!) to work on SM3!
Bulent,

There seems to be a bug in the Vector X-Y interface. If you change the X,Y knobs, everything works. But when you click an drag in the x-y pad, nothing happens. The display updates, but the knobs and the sound do not change.

teilo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:03 pm There seems to be a bug in the Vector X-Y interface. If you change the X,Y knobs, everything works. But when you click an drag in the x-y pad, nothing happens. The display updates, but the knobs and the sound do not change.
Thanks for the bug report! Fixing in the next build!
Works at KV331 Audio

Somehow, don´t know why, it sounds better.
Is it just me?

Bulent, nice update, made me start using SM again and I bought the Everything Bundle.

Any chance a future update would bring the option to have MIDI learn controls latch instead of jump to the absolute value? I have knobs and sliders assigned to EZ knobs globally.

On the beta, I'm getting a bug on some presets where when I add a second layer, the notes just hang indefinitely. For example, BAS Bandolier II SEQ AD does that. It's almost like the ADSR envelope isn't working or something. Anyone else notice that?

Edit: Lol that's exactly what it was, the ADSR1 wasn't set to modulate anything.

rlared wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:13 pm Edit: Lol that's exactly what it was, the ADSR1 wasn't set to modulate anything.
Hi!

Thanks for the bug report. I probably fixed those kind of issues today, for good. The thing is, as I wrote in the opening post, I have changed a LOT of things, the entire UI/data architecture changed -> Now we have a hierarchical data structure which allows as to add/remove nodes in the data model (add/remove effects, add/remove layers, add/remov mod matrix entries you name it!)

This was a necessary step for us, but it will be very useful in our subsequent products on all platforms!

EDIT: Regarding that factory preset BAS Bandolier, it was originally like that. Maybe I should prevent that by checking mod matrix
Works at KV331 Audio

I can also report that I am getting clicking when I am using two layers. For example, I have two basic wave oscillators on Layer 1, and a Vector oscillator with two samples and two basic waves on layer 2, as well as a basic wave on layer 2. My audio is not peaking above -6 dB. Yet when I have both layers enabled, I get random clicks that I cannot get rid of. I have tried adjusting my ADSRs, adding attack, etc. No ADSR changes make a difference. Lowering my volume levels makes no difference.

Here is a link to the patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wssx2adsxgib5 ... .smpr?dl=0

teilo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 pm I can also report that I am getting clicking when I am using two layers. For example, I have two basic wave oscillators on Layer 1, and a Vector oscillator with two samples and two basic waves on layer 2, as well as a basic wave on layer 2. My audio is not peaking above -6 dB. Yet when I have both layers enabled, I get random clicks that I cannot get rid of. I have tried adjusting my ADSRs, adding attack, etc. No ADSR changes make a difference. Lowering my volume levels makes no difference.

It's voice stealing. Increase the number of voices at the top (under undo and redo).

rlared wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 am
teilo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 pm I can also report that I am getting clicking when I am using two layers. For example, I have two basic wave oscillators on Layer 1, and a Vector oscillator with two samples and two basic waves on layer 2, as well as a basic wave on layer 2. My audio is not peaking above -6 dB. Yet when I have both layers enabled, I get random clicks that I cannot get rid of. I have tried adjusting my ADSRs, adding attack, etc. No ADSR changes make a difference. Lowering my volume levels makes no difference.

It's voice stealing. Increase the number of voices at the top (under undo and redo).
Bingo. Thank you for that.

So, note to self: SM voices are cumulative per layer. Play 2 notes with both layers active, and that's 4 voices. Not what I would have expected.

In V2.9, and 2.9.9 beta, preset ST FM Strings 2 M2 seems odd. With 8 voices chosen, it gets stuck notes randomly, and sometimes plonking a six note chord unsticks it, sometimes not, and sometimes a note of the chord then sticks, or sometimes not :? With 4 voices, only 2 or 3 voices play. Latency changes didn't effect, either faster or slower. But no stuck notes when 4 voice option chosen.

If someone has time to noodle about for a minute with the preset,
I'd appreciate the results, to confirm it's just my setup.
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:55 am In V2.9, and 2.9.9 beta, preset ST FM Strings 2 M2 seems odd. With 8 voices chosen, it gets stuck notes randomly, and sometimes plonking a six note chord unsticks it, sometimes not, and sometimes a note of the chord then sticks, or sometimes not :? With 4 voices, only 2 or 3 voices play. Latency changes didn't effect, either faster or slower. But no stuck notes when 4 voice option chosen.
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. There were still some older presets loading issues in rev 10105, I fixed them yesterday. Hoping to make a new release tonight/tomorrow.
Works at KV331 Audio

Good to hear! On a separate note, when using the Tranquil Blue skin,
the gui feels faster/more responsive. Is it different under the hood
beyond just color, shape and placement of the controls?

The 2.9.9 changelog is very impressive :hyper:

Half sidetrack question on standalone(s, also Synth Master One has the same problem): when PC keyboard is used as input, the instruments plays no matter if it has focus or not (just press keys in *any* window and the instrument plays).

Is it expected? The only way so far to avoid it is changing the instrument input to someone else.
In my opinion the keyboard should only work while the standalone GUI has focus (or, at least, the current behavior should be optional...)

Not yet tested in 2.9.9, happening in SM 2.9.8 and SM1 1.4.2 on Windows 10 x64 Pro.

- Mario

Return to “Instruments”