FREE VST Synthesizer Graphite from Sporesound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it is crashing logic AU validation

mac os x mojave, logic 10.5.1

Sporesound wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:30 pm
Paree wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:56 am Is it possible for a Linux version?
I think yes. I will study this theme, and if i build linux version, i let you know.
Cool. If I can help with this (have some exp. with compiling JUCE stuff on Linux) - I'd be glad to.

gui light design needs to be changed, hard to read, not scallable 4K monitor on WIN

some things dont even work, does not ask where to install, seems like betatesting, think not ready for release yet. lots of bugs but if developer will work on it, it has potential for sure

The win vst3 is working fine in linux Ubuntu Studio 20.04.
using win Reaper 5.9 in wine-staging 5.22

I like the colours, but there is lot's of very small text, and most of the text could stand to have more contrast from their backgrounds, maybe 5% or so, having gui settings available for users to tinker with would be nice. Admittedly, I don't know if gui sizing exists yet or not. Loaded some Hive tables, sounds fine to me. The controls layout makes sense. Thanks for sharing your work!
Cheers

Gave it test out... but it's really at the prototype testing phase. Things like losing it's sound engine when changing patches (top arrows), slow and unresponsive as if there is logging code going on in the background, and a GUI that needs to be more clear and obvious in some places. No obvious indication where to click in the FX section and (no clear illumination of on and of states there - just outlines ). Knobs not working like the Mode knob (don't know how that's supposed to work). Displays above the Control button don't seem to do anything. I don't mind GUI's being dark as it's easy on the eye at night, but colour and contrast is important which at this stage, needs more work. Knobs do also need some sort of termination point to indicate proximity and point of origin because that's not very clear at all. I like the gradients (shading should be consistent on all buttons however) and the knobs are ok, whilst the clarity of text and fonts are ok at this point. As for the sound, it sounds pretty terrible to my ears, but I'm sure with a GUI that isn't quite as depressive in tone that it may inspire you to work more in that area later.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I saved a preset and the synth could never find it again. So I tried again in another folder. Same result. So I tried saving in a different way. Same result. So I tried reloading the synth. None of my presets appear anywhere. There is definitely something I don't get here.

Also, I noticed that there was no way for me to make the black "about" window disappear after opening it. I had to close the synth and open it again to get rid of it.

There is also something I don't get at all with the "detune/fusion/mode/..." part. No matter what I try, I simply can't interact with those parameters.

But this synth looks promising for sure. I bet it's gonna be a great one. ;)

Concerning the GUI, I'd like a better contrast please. It looks pale imho, like it's a non-focused window.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

glokraw wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 am The win vst3 is working fine in linux Ubuntu Studio 20.04.
using win Reaper 5.9 in wine-staging 5.22

I like the colours, but there is lot's of very small text, and most of the text could stand to have more contrast from their backgrounds, maybe 5% or so, having gui settings available for users to tinker with would be nice. Admittedly, I don't know if gui sizing exists yet or not. Loaded some Hive tables, sounds fine to me. The controls layout makes sense. Thanks for sharing your work!
Cheers
Unfortunately doesn't work well with wine stable 5.0 Ubuntu 20.10, plugin gets detected but gui crashes
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Thank you for this wonderful new offering!

Experimenting away in Waveform 11 and it's been working beautifully. Warts for sure, yet what's working is big fun to play with!

I could not get the filter section to do anything. Also not having luck with LFOs.

Got an edit going with a ton of modifiers automating various controls and it's doing great, with no zipper sounds. There is a bit of glitching when automating the MMOD assignments, which will likely be solved by using it's macro controls, which I'm not sure if they're even enabled.

CPU load is really low, nice job!

Presets work, yet once in a while when recalling ones with the Tube effect it would not save the Input level, thus playback was really quiet until I touched this setting, which would wake it up and return to full volume glory.

Got one speaker destroying level burst when adjusting one of the effects. Sorry, can't remember which one. My flinch response was fortunately well aimed and I was able to dial it down in just a second with whatever spasm I issued in response to the onslaught. :)

Deeply grateful,

:pray:

I really like/love the GUI. Dark themes are just something that please my eyes.

Synth itself is really nice but I'd say that it's a few months early or late, since Vital has all the attention right now. And tbh I like to play with Vital more than I play with this :P

Few months earlier and I'd be all over this, but now..

Great sound with very low CPU consumption and very little learning curve, really User friendly but currently there is no way to save parameters in Reaper. I'll wait for an upgrade..

I am unable to get to the sporesound site. I wish to give this synthesizer a try.

Same here ...

Another one bites the dust, I guess.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

pinbot wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:35 am I am unable to get to the sporesound site. I wish to give this synthesizer a try.
https://plugins4free.com/plugin/3230/
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

From what I can work out, the developer is from Kherson, Ukraine which has just [in the last 48 hours] been re-taken from Russian retreating forces.

If he has survived this far, I hope that at some time in the future, he can have the freedom, the time and the opportunity to get back to development if his outlook on life remains the same.

Return to “Instruments”