Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:04 pm Analog Lab V is (still) not NKS compatible.

For Jup-8 V4, is it showing up fine in the Komplete Kontrol software?

If not, just go to Komplete Kontrol software preferences and scan the plugin/s again (manually). It also happened to me (V3 and V4 got messed up in KK software, don't have their keyboard), possibly because I opened Komplete Kontrol in my DAW before opening it in standalone mode to scan the new installation. So, just rescan it and you should be good to go. Hopefully it is related to the plugin now showing up on your keyboard, as well.
It doesn't show up in Komplete Kontrol software either.

I always launch KK software before the DAW after installing new NKS-instruments. I even re-installed V4 and repeated the KK process (+ rescanning everything, which takes ages). I also checked and the correct V4 image and json files seem to be in all the right places, just like all the other Arturia instruments and effects that do show up correctly. So maybe I should uninstall V3 & V4 and then only install V4. TBH, after the upgrade, I don't ever see myself using the old version again. I think V4 is really good.

Edit: I just loaded it up as a non-NKS-instrument and saved it as a custom preset. It shows up (with pictures) under user instruments in KK, however without all the presets.

mountainmaster wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:07 pm
Strange stuff going on with that New Horizons preset. I decided to finally upgrade from V7 to V8.1 because the current $149 is apparently as cheap as it gets.
With the upgrade I received a separate email about a New Horizons registration. It contained these instructions:
It seems that it is only for paid upgrades. I updated from 8 to 8.1. and the new presets bank is only available for me for 19.90 euros,

gondii wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:46 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:04 pm Analog Lab V is (still) not NKS compatible.

If not, just go to Komplete Kontrol software preferences and scan the plugin/s again (manually). It also happened to me (V3 and V4 got messed up in KK software, don't have their keyboard), possibly because I opened Komplete Kontrol in my DAW before opening it in standalone mode to scan the new installation. So, just rescan it and you should be good to go. Hopefully it is related to the plugin now showing up on your keyboard, as well.

I always launch KK software before the DAW after installing new NKS-instruments. I even re-installed V4 and repeated the KK process (+ rescanning everything, which takes ages). I also checked and the correct V4 image and json files seem to be in all the right places, just like all the other Arturia instruments and effects that do show up correctly. So maybe I should uninstall V3 & V4 and then only install V4. TBH, after the upgrade, I don't ever see myself using the old version again. I think V4 is really good.
So that actually did the trick. I deleted both versions of Jupiter. Deinstalling it from their installer does not remove the NKS files (not even the presets) so I deleted them as well. Then I installed Jup-V4, launched KK software and there it is. Then I installed V3 and now they both work.
Last edited by gondii on Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Takes forever to load these VST3s in Live 11.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:17 pm Takes forever to load these VST3s in Live 11.
I disabled loading the VST on each start up. Better just do it manually when needed...

gondii wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:46 pm

Edit: I just loaded it up as a non-NKS-instrument and saved it as a custom preset. It shows up (with pictures) under user instruments in KK, however without all the presets.
Then it is possibly an issue with the NKS presets scanning of Jup-8 V4 and Stage V2 (don't have VC8 new instruments) after installation.

As I said, re-scanning should have fixed it for you. It did for me. For me, the V4 presets appeared under V3 plugin image only and when I tried to use those they showed error and did not open. So, it is clear that KK software couldn't detect the V4 presets location properly.

I agree, no need to use the V3 version, but it is good to have it there in KK since it I think provides additional presets different from V4 and you might stumble upon a good sound from the old version.

EDIT: I just saw your new comment, good to know it is sorted now. :tu:

nirm123 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:15 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:41 am Looks like 8.1 is out. :hyper: ASC is full of updates. Also, NKS support is now available for all the newer plugins. :party:

Hopefully it has addressed the issues we have been facing.

A big thanks to Arturia. Well appreciated. :clap:

EDIT: Unfortunately, my issues are not fixed. Not even one. Damn it. I wonder what the support was doing when they kept me assuring that it will be fixed soon. :dog: Totally disappointed. This is not the update I was looking for. Except NKS, nothing is worth bothering.
What issues do you have with current version ?
It's more about Arturia and FL Studio together for me. For one: Next Preset, Previous Preset, and few such parameters are not exposed to DAW anymore (whereas ALL others are exposed). This is ridiculous, because they used to be exposed in the older versions. The problems started with Anlog Lab 4.x updates just before Analog Lab V was released and then continued into Analog Lab V (and of course all other instruments too including Pigments). I need this for me to be able to map them to my MIDI controller knobs and buttons (so that I can change presets from my keyboard, for example) using "Override generic links" since FL Studio does not directly MIDI learn them and needs MIDI IN/OUT ports to be used for that, which in turn causes other anomalies. Difficult to explain, but Arturia support has acknowledged the problems I have reported. Just that they did not get fixed in 8.1. I have requested them to get them fixed soon.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:05 am It's more about Arturia and FL Studio together for me. For one: Next Preset, Previous Preset, and few such parameters are not exposed to DAW anymore (whereas ALL others are exposed). This is ridiculous, because they used to be exposed in the older versions. The problems started with Anlog Lab 4.x updates just before Analog Lab V was released and then continued into Analog Lab V (and of course all other instruments too including Pigments). I need this for me to be able to map them to my MIDI controller knobs and buttons (so that I can change presets from my keyboard, for example) using "Override generic links" since FL Studio does not directly MIDI learn them and needs MIDI IN/OUT ports to be used for that, which in turn causes other anomalies. Difficult to explain, but Arturia support has acknowledged the problems I have reported. Just that they did not get fixed in 8.1. I have requested them to get them fixed soon.
One thing you could do is use Komplete Kontrol (which you can download for free) to host Arturia's plugins. You can map all the KK controls to any MIDI controller, including next/previous preset and next/previous page (for the 8 knobs). If your controller has buttons that can send CCs, it's a decent solution for NKS-compatible plugins.
Stormchild

gondii wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:21 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:17 pm Takes forever to load these VST3s in Live 11.
I disabled loading the VST on each start up. Better just do it manually when needed...
I'm in touch with Arturia right now and they suggested trying the VST2 versions of their plugins. I didn't know they were installed along with the VST3.

Anyway, it made no difference. It still took Analog Lab V at least one minute to load.

Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:33 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:05 am It's more about Arturia and FL Studio together for me. For one: Next Preset, Previous Preset, and few such parameters are not exposed to DAW anymore (whereas ALL others are exposed). This is ridiculous, because they used to be exposed in the older versions. The problems started with Anlog Lab 4.x updates just before Analog Lab V was released and then continued into Analog Lab V (and of course all other instruments too including Pigments). I need this for me to be able to map them to my MIDI controller knobs and buttons (so that I can change presets from my keyboard, for example) using "Override generic links" since FL Studio does not directly MIDI learn them and needs MIDI IN/OUT ports to be used for that, which in turn causes other anomalies. Difficult to explain, but Arturia support has acknowledged the problems I have reported. Just that they did not get fixed in 8.1. I have requested them to get them fixed soon.
One thing you could do is use Komplete Kontrol (which you can download for free) to host Arturia's plugins. You can map all the KK controls to any MIDI controller, including next/previous preset and next/previous page (for the 8 knobs). If your controller has buttons that can send CCs, it's a decent solution for NKS-compatible plugins.
That's a great tip. I have indeed mapped all the Komplete Kontrol controls to my Arturia MIDI keyboard, which I use for previous and next presets, for example, in general, but just did not think of this approach as a workaround for Arturia plugins. Mostly because the problem originated with Analog Lab V, which is not NKS compatible, so I would still need those parameters for Analog Lab V. Also, sometimes I just launch Pigments 3 outside of KK.

But I think this is a good workaround to use all instruments with KK for this (except Analog Lab V) at least until Arturia fixes them. Just now wrote a detailed email to support again. This time it seems they are serious about it.

Thank you, Arashi. Appreciate the helpful suggestion. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:45 am
Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:33 am
That's a great tip. I have indeed mapped all the Komplete Kontrol controls to my Arturia MIDI keyboard, which I use for previous and next presets, for example, in general, but just did not think of this approach as a workaround for Arturia plugins. Mostly because the problem originated with Analog Lab V, which is not NKS compatible, so I would still need those parameters for Analog Lab V. Also, sometimes I just launch Pigments 3 outside of KK.

But I think this is a good workaround to use all instruments with KK for this (except Analog Lab V) at least until Arturia fixes them. Just now wrote a detailed email to support again. This time it seems they are serious about it.

Thank you, Arashi. Appreciate the helpful suggestion. :tu:

I wrote them about the macros too, that the new ones are useless and the old ones had been a useful selection of best 17 parameters to tweak a sound.
I also wrote about backward compatibility from Jup-V4 to import Jup-v3 presets. I wrote, when they hopefully make a new rewrite of older synths like modular, cs-80 or arp2600 they should rethink of backward compatibility to old presets, they are selling expansion, which sounds are then useless.
And who wants to keep 2, 3 or 4 versions of the same plugin installed, if the newest version can handle the same presets.
Soundwise the Tal Jupiter nails closer the original Jupiter, so the only advantage of Arturia Jup-V4 would be the high amount of presets, if they make it backward compatible. I don’t know why the dual and Split Mode has disappeared in latest emu. This was a big step behind, also that all the macros have disappeared.
They will forward it to product management

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am It still took Analog Lab V at least one minute to load.
I had to move the data files to the NVMe PCIe SSD to get the start up time of AL V down to 10 to 15 seconds.

Arturia probably assumes everyone is using fast SSD drives now. :borg:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Arashi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:58 am The video says there are new presets (a collection called "NewTerritory"), but they don't seem to be included with the updates. Instead, there's a new preset bank called "New Horizons" ($20) available on Arturia's site. I guess they decided to charge money for those presets.
When I upgraded, I got New Horizons included. There’s just a long set of instructions on how to actually claim it by activating it in Analog Lab, which unlocks it everywhere, or registering it in ASC.

tonedef71 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:00 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am It still took Analog Lab V at least one minute to load.
I had to move the data files to the NVMe PCIe SSD to get the start up time of AL V down to 10 to 15 seconds.

Arturia probably assumes everyone is using fast SSD drives now. :borg:
I haven't had a chance to look into these ideas yet but support have suggested ...

Could you let me know the exact count of presets you have globally in ALV, as this is what I think could impact the opening time due to the sheer amount of presets stored within ALV compared to a single instrument.

Alternatively check if reseting the preset index does help :

To update the preset index you need to delete a specific temp file called "db.db3".

MAC: /Library/Arturia/Presets

WIN: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets

If you have not enabled the display of hidden folders please go to your file explorer -> display -> check "show hidden folders"

Alternatively, you should be also able to directly copy/paste the path indicated above in your Windows File browser address bar.

Once this file is deleted, the preset list will be updated on software opening.

Keep me informed if this solves your issue !

husker37 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:42 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:28 pm And it looks like the latest update comes with an upgrade sale. €128 from v7 to v8. I own the OB-Xa V, I hope Arturia has taken that into the calculation. Somebody who can verify? What is your price owning V-Collection 7, but not OB-Xa?
My price in the US is $149. I own V Collection 7 and the Effects Collection 2.
My 149 too (own v7 and FX but v1).
Well, i can't say that this is too much. But, rather not suite to my needs (not a NKS user, and still not see needs for OBXa nor Jun6). Therefore, 150 for Emu II and VocV found pricey offer a bit.
Although already close to the border at which could be bother. I still think it could be 99.
(thank you for informing us about how much you agree to pay lol , well ok, just thoughts aloud)

Return to “Instruments”