Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Sequent
KVRAF
2817 posts since 14 Feb, 2001 from What do you care? :)

Post Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:02 am

felis wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:15 am
Sequent wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:33 pm
....Thank you for that link!
You mean this one, right?

https://rolls.bublup.com/view/6538f104- ... 9e3ab75faf
Yes, haven't tried loading anything yet. Hope to do so later today.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

User avatar
jamcat
KVRian
1233 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:45 am

Lotuz2019 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:51 pm
jamcat wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:30 pm
Can you import Emulator libraries into the Emulator II?
I want to get the classic Universe of Sounds discs into the Emulator II, but I have no idea how or if its even possible.

Anyone know more about this?
You might find your answer here:

https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... brary.html
Thanks!
In particular the "Samples for Arturia Emulator II V" page that felis pulled out of the GS thread contains this pdf: How To Import .EII Files Into Arturia Emulator II V. 8)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
34944 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Sorry, the owner of this content has exceeded their download limit.
Hi-de-Hi!

adl
KVRian
1310 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 am

Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

User avatar
takaperry
KVRist
62 posts since 6 Sep, 2021

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 am

adl wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 am
Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
I believe the amount of presets doesn't change, except with V Collection you can open up the full underlying synths on each preset and change anything you want to it, rather than being limited to the predefined macros.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4306 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 am

takaperry wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 am
adl wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 am
Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
I believe the amount of presets doesn't change, except with V Collection you can open up the full underlying synths on each preset and change anything you want to it, rather than being limited to the predefined macros.
I think Analog Lab (V) contains a selection of presets. So, with V Collection you get all the presets as well as the individual instruments and get the full control.

Psyclapse
KVRist
267 posts since 8 Jul, 2004 from UK

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:34 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 am
I think Analog Lab (V) contains a selection of presets. So, with V Collection you get all the presets as well as the individual instruments and get the full control.
Agreed, I'm currently demoing SQ80 and it has 200 presets but my Analog Lab V only has 20 of them.

Whereas Synclavier, for which I have a license, shows over 700 presets both in the instrument and in Analog Lab V. (In fact my ALV has 19 additional presets which each comprise a Synclavier layered with another Instrument).

adl
KVRian
1310 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:44 am

Psyclapse wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:34 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 am
I think Analog Lab (V) contains a selection of presets. So, with V Collection you get all the presets as well as the individual instruments and get the full control.
Agreed, I'm currently demoing SQ80 and it has 200 presets but my Analog Lab V only has 20 of them.

Whereas Synclavier, for which I have a license, shows over 700 presets both in the instrument and in Analog Lab V. (In fact my ALV has 19 additional presets which each comprise a Synclavier layered with another Instrument).
Thanks! That cleared things up! Got only those 20 presets for the SQ80 as well, that's why I wasn't sure of there are really all presets in there. For Pigments 3 there are actually lots of presets as well in Analog Lab.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

davidka
KVRian
537 posts since 22 Dec, 2010

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am

I was also wondering what's simplest way to get these OMI Universe of Sounds stuff into Arturia Emulator II V?

jdoo
KVRian
567 posts since 23 Dec, 2011

Post Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:19 pm
Sorry, the owner of this content has exceeded their download limit.
Worth noting. He (Grasspikemusic) recently posted on GS, that he has been given more Bublup room.... so the downloads are (more) available now. I was getting that same error up until today.

https://rolls.bublup.com/view/6538f104- ... 9e3ab75faf <-- the ones on this link.

tactile_coast
KVRist
72 posts since 14 Nov, 2020

Post Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:04 am

adl wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 am
Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
i just upgraded to V collection from Analog Lab (4 and V, having both gives you all the old presets) and in addition presetwise I got added for free:

- The full range of presets for the newer instruments from 8, of which you only get a selection in Analog Lab.
- The full range of presets for sq80v plus the excellent Dust Materials and Raw Machinery banks.
- The new Synthopedia and Patchworks banks with about 1500 presets between them.

Which added up to well over 2000 shiny new presets for V collection over Analog Lab.

adl
KVRian
1310 posts since 26 Jun, 2005

Post Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:09 am

tactile_coast wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:04 am
adl wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 am
Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
i just upgraded to V collection from Analog Lab (4 and V, having both gives you all the old presets) and in addition presetwise I got added for free:

- The full range of presets for the newer instruments from 8, of which you only get a selection in Analog Lab.
- The full range of presets for sq80v plus the excellent Dust Materials and Raw Machinery banks.
- The new Synthopedia and Patchworks banks with about 1500 presets between them.

Which added up to well over 2000 shiny new presets for V collection over Analog Lab.
Thanks for the insight! :tu:
2000 new presets are definitely something! :hyper:
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

grrrz
KVRer
3 posts since 2 Dec, 2021

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:01 pm

Well catched the black friday sale and after registering my microfreak and keystep 37 the deals got really interesting; basically got V collection for 200 bucks; Pigments for 69; Fx collections 2 for 69. not sure why but I'm not complaining. It's the weirdest coincidence because I didn't knew there was a sale and wanted to register my hardware and check the price on pigments which I wanted to buy; and maybe the prophet V (I had checked out the demo for the buchla; the mellotron and the prophet V).
Anyway I have now way too much more synths that I need and I'm trying to learn them.
I feel like there a a bit too many "classic substractive analog" recreation; even if they have their character; so I'll probably stick with a few. there are like 5 or 6 that I feel are a bit redundant.

so here's my impressions about it so far:
I already liked the prophet V (just for the prophet 5 side) but I think I like the Jup 8 more; it's a good thing I didn't went just for the prophet; I think it'll become my main substractive poly. It's the good balance between too simple (like the juno) and too much going on. Also it may sound a bit better with the new engine and all. The SEM is interesting also.
The synthi has a great sound but I still have to learn it; but one of the gem I feel is the Buchla (even if it's one of the most CPU intensive) and I've already made a few tracks with it; it's good for quirky rythmic patterns and arpeggio. For the rest the mellotron is great (already used it and will use it quite a lot I think); the rhodes (stage-73) and vox are nice; I still need the learn the DX7 (know the basics of FM but it seems powerful); and I have not much interest in the digital emulations (maybe I'll come to it); and the piano sounds meh compared to a good sampled piano. The mini moog and modular moog are alright but not sure I'll use them much (I already have a virtual modular)
As for pigments I haven't scratched the surface; but the virtual analog sounds already great; and I really like the low pass gate (I also bought the AAS multiphonics which has a LPG and it sounds incredible).
My general impression is good; but it's a bit overwhelming; and like I suspected it will probably come down to 5 or 6 I'll actually use regularly. I also generally stay away from presets (I mean where's the fun in using presets?), so will probably stay away from analog lab.

jdoo
KVRian
567 posts since 23 Dec, 2011

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm

grrrz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:01 pm
...
My general impression is good; but it's a bit overwhelming; and like I suspected it will probably come down to 5 or 6 I'll actually use regularly. I also generally stay away from presets (I mean where's the fun in using presets?), so will probably stay away from analog lab.
Nice writeup. Just an opinion re: Analog Lab. Don't give up on it too quickly. Especially if you gig / play live. It is not just a preset machine. Your saved (edited / custom timbres - presets / custom patches and folders - are available in AL. Here are a couple of benefits. You can split and layer instruments. Even the same instrument. So, something like the Jup-8 V4... which no longer supports splits and layers (like the original Jup-8 does) - you can layer and split away in AL. You can also layer / split different instruments all together. Another nice benefit is setting up Playlists. Again - if you play live, it is a huge benefit, to have your patches arranged in a quick to find place. Even if you don't play live, the Playlists allow you to group and arrange patches across the whole collection. So... Analog Lab FTW. Use it to create custom keyboard layouts if nothing else. :)

Cheers -

Joe

grrrz
KVRer
3 posts since 2 Dec, 2021

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:55 am

jdoo wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm
grrrz wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:01 pm
...
My general impression is good; but it's a bit overwhelming; and like I suspected it will probably come down to 5 or 6 I'll actually use regularly. I also generally stay away from presets (I mean where's the fun in using presets?), so will probably stay away from analog lab.
Nice writeup. Just an opinion re: Analog Lab. Don't give up on it too quickly. Especially if you gig / play live. It is not just a preset machine. Your saved (edited / custom timbres - presets / custom patches and folders - are available in AL. Here are a couple of benefits. You can split and layer instruments. Even the same instrument. So, something like the Jup-8 V4... which no longer supports splits and layers (like the original Jup-8 does) - you can layer and split away in AL. You can also layer / split different instruments all together. Another nice benefit is setting up Playlists. Again - if you play live, it is a huge benefit, to have your patches arranged in a quick to find place. Even if you don't play live, the Playlists allow you to group and arrange patches across the whole collection. So... Analog Lab FTW. Use it to create custom keyboard layouts if nothing else. :)

Cheers -

Joe
thanks for the tip;
I haven't giged with a selection of synths and a big keyboard for quite a long time though; these days I have everything automated in a live session and if I use a few synths live it will be automatically recalled by the live session in its own track with effects and all. or it's full improvisation and I tend to use hardware for this. I can see it's an interesting tool (even standalone maybe) for keyboardists.
I'm also interested in a way to have quick access to the user presets; like from the little menu directly above the synth; it takes me at least 5 clicks to get to my presets and I don't really care to have all the presets sorted by type; if I make 20 or 30 I'll manage to go through all of them quickly (besides for a simple subtractive synth with a few controls a few quick templates will be enough). maybe I can create a "user" category or something.

Return to “Instruments”