Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
8059 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:39 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:48 pm
How do I get a discount code? May tip me over the edge!
I just contacted Patrick using the support form on the website, politely explained my situation and got e-mail within 2h with a coupon code :)

Now I'm considering TAL-Mod, too :D

That's what great service gives 'ya :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRAF
8303 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:29 am

Come get your daily update. Version 1.3.7:

Possible crash while switching presets or arpeggiator mode / range fixed.
Arpeggiator mode and range changes whithout pressing a note.
Toggle switch changes with mouse click improved.

...Some of the best bugs are the ones that are fixed before you ever even get the chance to experience them.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

10071 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:32 am

:).. I alas had the first crash and reported it, and then of course Patrick fixed it in less than 24 hours.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF
6734 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 am

antic604 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:39 am
SLiC wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:48 pm
How do I get a discount code? May tip me over the edge!
I just contacted Patrick using the support form on the website, politely explained my situation and got e-mail within 2h with a coupon code :)

Now I'm considering TAL-Mod, too :D

That's what great service gives 'ya :)
Thanks, Ditto, TAl -J-8 is now in my ever expanding collection! - Great Developer, deserves all the praise and support! :tu:
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRian
803 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:55 pm

I reported the mouse click problem on the switches. Did no one have this yet? It has been annoying me since release...

(switch does not always register mouse click)

KVRAF
6863 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:56 pm

Didn't I update it yesterday? Oh, it's a new update :o
Thank you :)
Cubase Pro 11, NI, Arturia, u-he, Synapse Audio, etc.
PC with Win10, MODX 6, KeyLab MK II, iTwo interface, DT 990 Pro and HS7 monitors.

KVRist
151 posts since 6 Feb, 2004 from Southampton, England

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:24 pm

SLiC wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 am
antic604 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:39 am
SLiC wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:48 pm
How do I get a discount code? May tip me over the edge!
I just contacted Patrick using the support form on the website, politely explained my situation and got e-mail within 2h with a coupon code :)

Now I'm considering TAL-Mod, too :D

That's what great service gives 'ya :)
Thanks, Ditto, TAl -J-8 is now in my ever expanding collection! - Great Developer, deserves all the praise and support! :tu:
TAL-J-8 was my first TAL plugin purchase only a couple of months ago, and likewise I've been super impressed with the way Patrick runs the company - very responsive to support issues - he fixed the bug I reported, and the no-nonsense approach to copy protection is also a big plus in my book as I quite regularly rebuild my PC and it's always such a pain having to deal the activation hoops for some of my other plugins. It's also nice to see the plugins picking up extra features like the reverb and delay recently added to TAL-UNO-LX.

Anyway today I've added TAL-Sampler, TAL-U-NO-LX and TAL-Dub-X to my collection, so not far off the full set already, since TAL-Sampler also gives me a license for TAL-DAC. Better get to work at making some retro synthwave tracks now.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

10071 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:34 pm

dermage wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:55 pm
I reported the mouse click problem on the switches. Did no one have this yet? It has been annoying me since release...

(switch does not always register mouse click)
No I never did. I saw that as fixed and couldn't figure out what it was about.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRian
803 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:44 pm

zvenx wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:34 pm
dermage wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:55 pm
I reported the mouse click problem on the switches. Did no one have this yet? It has been annoying me since release...

(switch does not always register mouse click)
No I never did. I saw that as fixed and couldn't figure out what it was about.
rsp
When clicking on the switches they sometimes do not toggle.
Yes I understand it can also be swiped, but swiping is not a good move when I want to change the switch position quickly. Through a click it should cycle the states, but sometimes it doesn't when clicking. This got better now, but it's still not fixed fully.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

10071 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Which switches? Like Knobs for waveforms or ...?
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRian
803 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 pm

zvenx wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:02 pm
Which switches? Like Knobs for waveforms or ...?
rsp
The toggle switches like Filter Slope, VCO Sync etc.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

10071 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Ahh.. strangely those have never giving me issues.
But I think I click and slide like I would imagine on a real switch...touch it then move it.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF
2901 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 pm

Hope it gets finished soon, all these updates are a pain in the ass.

KVRAF
1668 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 pm

simmo75 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 pm
Hope it gets finished soon, all these updates are a pain in the ass.
Wow, you have seriously got things totally backwards. And besides, when is a plugin product "finished", would you say? When it never has another bug, ever? I'm guessing you don't know much about software dev.... there's no such thing as "finished." A soft-synth isn't "finished" because the dev stopped posting updates; it's in whatever Current Version exists, and we are all at the mercy of the dev when it comes to addressing the bugs / issues with that Current Version.

But to the main point here: Most products / developers, you'd be waiting MONTHS if not YEARS to get these kinds of fixes done.

The reason there are "all these updates" is because Patrick is actively listening to feedback from his users, actively implementing the fixes, and actively making them available.

I would kill for other devs to provide as many updates as TAL has been providing. It's not the sign of an unfinished product, as you seem to think; all software has bugs and feature requests, and the dev in this case is Listening and Providing. And yet, you complain about it? Christ.
https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp.com/ - Noir-themed Dark Jazz
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM by TV HWY
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

KVRAF
2901 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:16 pm

mholloway wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 pm
simmo75 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 pm
Hope it gets finished soon, all these updates are a pain in the ass.
Wow, you have seriously got things totally backwards. And besides, when is a plugin product "finished", would you say? When it never has another bug, ever? I'm guessing you don't know much about software dev.... there's no such thing as "finished." A soft-synth isn't "finished" because the dev stopped posting updates; it's in whatever Current Version exists, and we are all at the mercy of the dev when it comes to addressing the bugs / issues with that Current Version.

But to the main point here: Most products / developers, you'd be waiting MONTHS if not YEARS to get these kinds of fixes done.

The reason there are "all these updates" is because Patrick is actively listening to feedback from his users, actively implementing the fixes, and actively making them available.

I would kill for other devs to provide as many updates as TAL has been providing. It's not the sign of an unfinished product, as you seem to think; all software has bugs and feature requests, and the dev in this case is Listening and Providing. And yet, you complain about it? Christ.
You’re right, I have no interest whatsoever in plugin development, as long as what I bought works as a finished tool, I couldn’t give a monkeys!

Do you have nothing better to do than update plugins on a daily basis?

These are tools for my work, so I can produce music, not because I’m interested in software development, not so I can check if shit needs updating.

Sorry you’re so upset by my post.

Return to “Instruments”