Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

It wouldn't hurt for those who prefer lighter GUIs.

Anyone mentioned it to Patrick?
rsp
sound sculptist

I think it would look really good. Why not right?

anttimaatteri wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 pm
its just the more you buy in one stunt the lower the individual plugin prices (for already fair prices tbh)
Oh ok :tu:

Honestly think a two tone cream colored one would work nicely if he could pull it off

EnGee wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:08 pm
its just the more you buy in one stunt the lower the individual plugin prices (for already fair prices tbh)
Oh ok :tu:
Except I can’t find a way to put more than one plugin at a time in the cart!

Yorrrrrr wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:38 am Amazing Himalaya. My wallet is ready for a kick ass J-8 sound set.
Thanks! :)

Not sure if this is going to kick ass, but I have some Techno/House patches that I've been working on. Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... -sound-set
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

All Tal J-8 some vintage presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umlEwXkxlBQ

Version 1.4.0
Possible crash fixed when hiting play in your DAW.
MIDI PANEL mode added (button on the top right). MIDI LEARN controlls the actual panel when enabled.
VCA LFO modulation smoothed like on the hardware.
Super small adjustment to the SAW waveform. It affects only very low played saws. You may do not hear any difference. Just to be more accurate to the original hardware.

rsp
sound sculptist

Does anyone know what the Midi Panel mode/button does?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:41 pm Does anyone know what the Midi Panel mode/button does?
rsp
I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I think it means that "regardless of which panel you're on, Upper or Lower, the MIDI learn will impact the focused panel when this mode is enabled."

In the previous versions, if you MIDI learned upper, then switched to Lower Panel, then the MIDI assignments remained on the upper panel, which was annoying when programming split patches. If this works like I think, the MIDI Learn assignment should follow the active panel assignment.

Totally a guess though.

Ahhh.. That does make sense. let me test that.
Thanks
rsp

edit: yep. that is what it seems to do indeed.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:47 pm Ahhh.. That does make sense. let me test that.
Thanks
rsp

edit: yep. that is what it seems to do indeed.
thanks
rsp
Good to know! Thanks for confirming (at work, can't play). That's a nice addition. Will make programming Dual and Split patches much easier.

Indeed.
I do wish his global things were a lot more easy to store globally (like SC and Midi Learn), instead of having to do Midi and SC Lock.
rsp
sound sculptist

Anyone else have issues with the next preset > button? Using J8 in Ableton 10 and when I press the next button Ableton completely locks up and I have to force quit. I had this happen on earlier versions then 1.3.9 fixed it, now it's back broken again in 1.4

Return to “Instruments”