RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

nirm123 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:11 pm not sure if I don't see it...but I can't find the option to choose presets by clicking it once instead of using double-click.
Removed preset browser "One-Click" loading option. This can be done now by using the middle mouse button, or shift key + left click, or command key + left click.
sound sculptist

thanks 👍

Thanks Parawave!!!

gondii wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:16 pm
trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:50 pm Is there a valid reason why there's a 20% tax on digital goods from your company? Seems outrageous to pay that much in taxes! Buying presets with a 20% tax seems ridiculous. :roll:
Hm, strange. In Germany the sales tax on digital products is 7% and was reduced to 5% due to Covid.

Edit: For me it shows up at 16% which actually seems correct. The standard here is 19%, but this was also Covid-reduced until the end of the year. I thought digital products were 7%, but actually software seems to be 19% (16 atm). Can get pretty confusing. So on January 1st there should be a 3% price increase as the tax rates go back to normal :D
I wouldn't be bothered by this, price is fixed guys. Some vendors are selling their products for specified price, when buyer changes country to one with different tax, base price is being changed so after applying taxes final price is the same as it was before the change. In that case, simply, vendor earns little less to keep price at the same level for everyone. :)

Bought it tonight.

First impressions it's sounding really really really great!

Would it be possible to make the 1 click loading configurable somehow in an coming update?

gondii wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:16 pm
trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:50 pm Is there a valid reason why there's a 20% tax on digital goods from your company? Seems outrageous to pay that much in taxes! Buying presets with a 20% tax seems ridiculous. :roll:
Hm, strange. In Germany the sales tax on digital products is 7% and was reduced to 5% due to Covid.

Edit: For me it shows up at 16% which actually seems correct. The standard here is 19%, but this was also Covid-reduced until the end of the year. I thought digital products were 7%, but actually software seems to be 19% (16 atm). Can get pretty confusing. So on January 1st there should be a 3% price increase as the tax rates go back to normal :D
The tax thing with this company has always been a big question mark, especially for those of us outside the EU. I think most people see whatever the price is in your cart as just the price of the software and that is it.

I downloaded the demo but never got around to buying Rapid during the black Friday sale. The "sale" price now is about 10 euros more. The idea of getting nicked for an extra $12 US plus or minus just for thinking about it until the next sale is not sitting so well. So I am giving this a pass for now.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

luvst wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 pm Bought it tonight.

First impressions it's sounding really really really great!

Would it be possible to make the 1 click loading configurable somehow in an coming update?
The just removed it :)
It was there up to 1.8 :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Meanwhile the new road map:
https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_roadmap

Feature Roadmap
Here are some of the planned features and general ideas for future updates. This list is not complete and it's not guaranteed that every feature will be implemented immediately.

Freeform MSEG sequences.
Custom mapping curves for routing entries.
Copy/Paste/Save/Load effect stacks.
Undo/Redo.
Quick Import.

Granular FX Slot.
Loop Player.
Spectral FX.
Randomizer.

In the Future

NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) Presets.
AAX Plugin Format.
MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).

Low Priority

Lock parameters/modules.
Key switches/latches.
Arpgeggiator MIDI out.
Velocity multiplier on arpeggiator notes.
MIDI Program Change compability.

Last Update: 15. December 2020
rsp
sound sculptist

Dope!! That's a great list, great to see Parawave constantly on his A game with this.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Is it possible, when I assign the UI color to crimson, that it remain this color. I love this UI skin. Each time I load a new instance, it goes back to a default color, which not fond of.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

thanks for this! great new effects! one thing i thought about... in synthmaster you can fm an oscillator by a modulator... what if we could modulate the oscillator by that Vintagizer? :-D

Thank you for this amazing update.

But i have a question, how to load your own presets (that rapid saves in fox) in to layers?

Also I have found a strange bug. If I use 4 layers separated to different midi outputs (fl studio 20.8) all is fine and good. But when I use 5th layer with separate midi output (it can even be muted ) first midi channels set to layer 1 & 2 do not play at the same time. I thought Rapid has a limit on voices but i tested that by turning off the unison on silenced layers and still doesn't play unless I do not play the 5th layer which can be just init patch with 1 oscillator.
Last edited by accessdune3 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks for the update.

I read the roadmap. Great hightlights in there. Please give us AAX support soon. The workaround via Patchwork in Pro Tools is annoying. Additionally, I get strange ghostsounds after I stopped playback. Esp. when I interrupt an ARP-track. One or two notes of the ARP did not stop although I seriously stopped playback. To fix this I have to reload the whole plugin instance.

Mike

Tried new demo sounds great - has anyone tried it in Reaper ? I seem to be getting lots of stuck notes but not sure if a problem at my end - it happens very quick like within less than a minute of playing

Tried in Cubase no stuck notes

Tried dune 3 in reaper and no stuck notes

I'm on Live 10.1.30, after trying new Vintagizer I've just discovered it doesn't stop generating noise when audio is stopped. It happens either while using it as FX module or while generating sounds inside Rapid itself. Disabling layer or plugin and reenabling it again stops that noise. Am I missing something?

Return to “Instruments”